Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nowTV sky Ireland

• 12-09-2016 8:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭

HI,

Just wondering has anyone purchased sky nowTV box via parcel motel & what is their experience?
    Have cancelled sky & was thinking of purchasing the nowTV box & maybe purchase a day pass for sky sports when required. anyone done this?
    I know nowTV boxes are officially not available in Ireland & some forums have suggested once irish broadband service is detected sky can cancel goNow account.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

I've used nowTV on and off for about 2 years now... Its pretty good really. Haven't used their box - just used the app and a chromecast. Worked no problem for me, my ISP is Virgin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭chancer007

thanks, just going through the options since cancelling sky
    was thinking of the dodgy box but who knows when they will stop working
    nowTV sounds reasonable,only watch certain sports now & again & the day pass appeals for sky sports
    my ISP is Vfe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭galtee boy

chancer007 wrote: »
    thanks, just going through the options since cancelling sky
    was thinking of the dodgy box but who knows when they will stop working
    nowTV sounds reasonable,only watch certain sports now & again & the day pass appeals for sky sports
    my ISP is Vfe

You certainly can't discuss " dodgy" boxes here and I don't think discussion of NowTV is allowed either, though I'm not sure on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

U can get a Now TV box delivered straight from Amazon. I'm using one for awhile with no problems.
    I used a UK address and used my Irish visa card to activate it then just cancel straight away.
    Also have plex app installed on it.

thanks iggy,
    wasn't aware of the sensitivity of nowTV boxes(I thought they were generic boxes)
    has anyone trialled sky sports on the now TV?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

chancer007 wrote: »
    thanks iggy,
    wasn't aware of the sensitivity of nowTV boxes(I thought they were generic boxes)
    has anyone trialled sky sports on the now TV?
    Thanks
    only ever used the Movies and the TV passes... been tempted once or twice to get a weekend pass for the sports but never actually went for it. Might do this season - I had a Cyfra+ sub for last season and can't justify it this year... so will probably chance the Sports pass for the off match

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

galtee boy wrote: »
    You certainly can't discuss " dodgy" boxes here and I don't think discussion of NowTV is allowed either, though I'm not sure on that one.

We don't allow discussion of dodgey boxes.

Discussion of Now TV while not outright banned is something I'm unkeen on, because Sky have chosen not to make it available in Ireland. Threads discussing Now TV are subject to closure at any time if the topic steps into circumventing regional restrictions, so poster beware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭WHL

I haven't used it for Sky but my friend borrowed mine for the last Ryder Cup. I paid for a 7-day pass and he reimbursed me in beer! He was very happy with it and said that it worked well

thanks,might give nowTV a try
    seems more people want to pick & choose what the watch & pay for..seems the way forward

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kilinick

iggy wrote: »
    U can get a Now TV box delivered straight from Amazon. I'm using one for awhile with no problems.
    I used a UK address and used my Irish visa card to activate it then just cancel straight away.
    Also have plex app installed on it.

When you say you cancel right away what do you mean? You cancelled the subscription or? And what works after you cancel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

kilinick wrote: »
    When you say you cancel right away what do you mean? You cancelled the subscription or? And what works after you cancel?

Sky have a habit of auto-renewing your sub and you won't know it till you get your credit card statement. So its best to cancel straight away. You can then pick and choose subs at your own convenience.

Advertisement