Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google 'Pixel' Phones (and other Google event stuff)

12345679»

Comments

Cina wrote: »
    If you always wait for the newest hardware, you'll never buy a phone.

Newest chips generally come out Spring each year. That's when you buy for newest hardware. I've been doing it for over 10 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Basil3 wrote: »
    Newest chips generally come out Spring each year. That's when you buy for newest hardware. I've been doing it for over 10 years :D
    The Pixel uses the 821 which only came out in October.

Anyway if it's hardware you're after, Samsung are probably the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

Hi Guys, just wondering, I am looking at buying the Google Pixel phone, there seems to be a few sellers on eBay & Amazon for decent prices. Has anyone got one and/or have any recommendations on other places to buy it from?

Hi Guys, just wondering, I am looking at buying the Google Pixel phone, there seems to be a few sellers on eBay & Amazon for decent prices. Has anyone got one and/or have any recommendations on other places to buy it from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭madmoe

Would waiting for the S8/S8+ not be an option as it's not far off now.......the Pixel in my opinion was way overpriced for what you got! I love my Nexus 6P and decided to skip the Pixel completely, mainly because of the crazy price!

Thanks!  I'll read up on the S8 now!  Yeah the price is high enough so don't want to be sure with whatever I go with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Dropped my pixel this evening and broke the back glass, which goes over the camera. Anyone know if it's possible to replace it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

matrim wrote: »
    Dropped my pixel this evening and broke the back glass, which goes over the camera. Anyone know if it's possible to replace it?

Call one of the repair shops. The glass and and metal on the back are a pain in the arse to replace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭henke

Anyone recommend any stores where to buy the pixel or if it is in stock in any of stores on the North? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

henke wrote: »
    Anyone recommend any stores where to buy the pixel or if it is in stock in any of stores on the North? Thanks.

by now i wouldnt buy a pixel unless you can get if for 300-400. google themselves still sells them for the original retail price obviously, in the few markets they sell them. other retailers arent really that much cheaper.

i would just wait another couple months for the pixel 2 phones. or get a one plus 3t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Hey guys been offered to swap my S7 edge for a pixel XL first Gen.

Anyone with any experience of both phones could advise me please.

I'm a bit reluctant mainly because of the non expandable 32gb but my last three phones have been Samsung's so really looking for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

Hey guys been offered to swap my S7 edge for a pixel XL first Gen.

Anyone with any experience of both phones could advise me please.

I'm a bit reluctant mainly because of the non expandable 32gb but my last three phones have been Samsung's so really looking for a change.

i guess i'd do it. i've no experience with either the s7 or the pixel, but:

apparently most (if not all) samsung flagships get stupidly slow after some time. the pixel wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭youngblood

so when are us pixel owners gonna get active listening????????
    Or any of the other software features announced on pixel 2?
    google lens has landed and so far has been so so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

i never knew this!!! Genius & Thank You!

Yes a word of warning if joining android beta!
    I joined and clicked accept and a download appeared.

I then reread the various warnings on the site,
    If you install and there are bugs it will reinstall and wipe your phone....

I didnt install in the end and clicked to un enrol my device- it rebooted in safe mode with a lot of greyed out icons and panic followed..

TO fix I just rebooted again and all was well

Im sure it would've been fine but wasnt willing to risk it for my main phone!

Got the 8.1 update today, seems lovely but no active listening? For recognising ambient music? is it not coming or are there any other features that I'm missing?

Battery life seems good after a days use,
    Any other pixel users?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Thinking of buying sim free pixel 2 XL from the Carphone Warehouse in Newry. I'm looking at purchasing it through the company and using the Irish VAT number to buy it vat free at the till?.
    Is this possible?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

1jcdub wrote: »
    Thinking of buying sim free pixel 2 XL from the Carphone Warehouse in Newry. I'm looking at purchasing it through the company and using the Irish VAT number to buy it vat free at the till?.
    Is this possible?

I don't think so.

Advertisement