Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanch Wheelies Hospice Cycle 17th Sept

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

planning on taking part - it's for a good cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

This was good craic last year, good Food at O'Connells at Skryne (you'ld know it form the xmas Guinness ad) and a fine feed back at the straw hall

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

was just going to post about this - sun was shining last year and food was plentiful. Great summer wind down or for any GDBR heads looking for another challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭purple cow

Did this the last 2 years. Great event and well run. No entry fee as such, just make a donation to the charity. Great food in Skyrne and back in the Strawberry Hall

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Did this last year so hoping to do it again, though will probably need to go at it at my own pace. i'm still brutal at cycling in groups, though last year was an education in it. Is it the same route as last year, as if so I can just tip along knowing what way I've to go anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Weepsie wrote: »
    Did this last year so hoping to do it again, though will probably need to go at it at my own pace. i'm still brutal at cycling in groups, though last year was an education in it. Is it the same route as last year, as if so I can just tip along knowing what way I've to go anyway?

To the best of my knowledge, it is the same route, yeah. Strava link above dating from 2015 probably backs that up. I'm told there will be improvements in signage on last year (as the right hand turn at the petrol station in Kilbride in particular was missed by quite a few people!), so should be pretty straightforward if you are looking to tip along at your own pace on it.

I went out with the first group in the second half due to a misunderstanding. They said anyone who doesn't want to race or something like that go first, and the racers held back about 15 minutes. First group hammered it and I had to give up around clonee and crawl back on my own

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭secman

Clashes with the DAA charity cycle, which I am doing tomorrow, just had a look at both routes, a chance they might come across each other tomorrow. A little bit of NCD and a chunk of meath and finishes with a little bit of NCD.
    (Notional CycleCentre of Dublin )
    Good luck with your spin tomorrow, weather looks to be kind for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

What's straw Hall? Is that that little pub there by the river in strawberry beds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

fat bloke wrote: »
    What's straw Hall? Is that that little pub there by the river in strawberry beds?
    That's the place.

is there parking there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

lennymc wrote: »
    is there parking there?

There's a car park across the road from the strawberry hall.

you doing it idleater and fatbloke?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

you doing it idleater and fatbloke?

I'll pop along all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

is there parking there?

There is parking there alright. Should be sufficient for everyone. Hope to see yous there

See you there.

I think I might yeah. Is planned to go early, solo and hilly but... meh... Maybe flat, sociable and an extra hour in bed is the more smarterer choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Star hurl

Can you make a donation tommorow at straw hall or just online ? Thanks

Star hurl wrote: »

You certainly could last year at registration even though they had the online option too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭timbel

Star hurl wrote: »

Online is preferable but donations wont be refused. See yis all in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Looks like a good turn out, saw them head through Blanchardstown/Coolmine in a big group earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Enjoyable ride and a fairly good pace. Thanks to Blanch Wheelers and all the organisers. Hope plenty was raised for the hospice. And thanks for the tow from the Castleknock CC lads near the end.

(Did a load of people leave out the loop around by Kilmessan? When I got to Dunsany there were people ahead of me who had been behind!)

Had to miss this due to a ropey stomach. Glad the weather held.

I forced myself out as their was a loud children's party out front but my route didn't bring me in contact with anyone from this. Saw the DAA sportive on its way home and possibly another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Star hurl

I was one of them ha although was following a few blanch wheelies I thought it was the normal route until they told me . Fast enough pace today 31kph average for me so good workout and for a good cause .

Lovely day to be on a bike. Very well organised spin. Great roads. Great location for start and food stop and nice tasty snacks. Good job BW's. Fingers crossed for the GCN shout out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭timbel

Thanks all for your support.
    Good day out for most (we had one faller unfortunately).

Our GCN shout out is up.
    https://youtu.be/WcRe3HqpQf0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Congrats on the GCN show shout guys

Advertisement