Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage in EUR, salary in GBP. Is it acceptable?

Options
  • 12-09-2016 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I'd like to ask if it's acceptable at BOI if I apply for mortgage in EUR but my salary is in GBP?
    I know some banks accept it but some others don't.
    Regards
    Kev

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning kevin83, 

Thank you for your query and welcome to Boards.ie. 

As each application is seen on a case by case basis, we would suggest that you speak to one of our Mortgage Representatives to discuss your application. 

If you'd like to PM us with your name, first line of your address and contact number, we'll be happy to arrange this for you. Alternatively, you can call direct, request a call back, Skype or Facetime with one of our dedicated Mortgage representatives here.

Thank you again, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kevin83

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for the quick reply,
    although it's just a simple general question, I would not want to waste anyone's precious time if the financing is not allowed in these circumstances. I've been almost all the other banks in Ireland and they were able to answer as it's a really important though very simple point. So simply put:
    I'd like to get EUR mortgage, 
    my salary is in GBP (Northern-Ireland), 
    either it's allowed or not at all. There should not be case by case answer to this question.

I hope I could get a simple yes or no, and then I could decide if I wish to take it further.

Kind regards
    Kev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi kevin83, 

We have requested further clarification on your query and our Mortgage team have confirmed the following. While our mortgages are in Euro, we will consider applications from customers residing in, or earning in currencies of any country. 

I hope this helps with clarification. If you'd like to proceed with an application please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kevin83

Thanks Elaine, that is the answer I was looking for. Cheers

Kev

Advertisement