Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good cheap coffee

• 12-09-2016 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Money has recently tightened up so I've had to cut a few corners. One of those things has painfully been my coffee. For the last while I usually drank high end coffee like 3fe, Cloud Picker, Square Mile, Barn etc etc but spending 10-15 euro a week isn't really an option at the moment. I've recently downgraded to Lavazza Rossa and it isn't great. The taste is average and I find the grind to be too fine for my Aeropress.

So can anyone recommend anything else is the area of 5 euro?

Also I don't have a grinder.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Nicks Sweet espresso (Ranelagh) is €5 for 250g.

They'll grind it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Cheers.

Do you happen to know of any places around Dublin 2 or 7?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Not offhand no. Most places would sell beans more expensive than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

You can buy a kg from Ponaire at around €20 with free delivery. Their European blend is nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Marks&Spencer's Colombian single origin , decent quality beans , got a bag at Liffey Valley yesterday for less than €5, roasted in August ( 6214 code)
    ps. Lavazza Rossa dreadful coffee by any standard IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

alec76 wrote: »
    Marks&Spencer's Colombian single origin , decent quality beans , got a bag at Liffey Valley yesterday for less than 5, roasted in August ( 6214 code)
    ps. Lavazza Rossa dreadful coffee by any standard IMO

+ 1 for M&S thoughts here. I was very pleasantly surprised when I had these for the first time about a year ago. I posted about it here if recall.

Funnily enough I'm on hols at the minute and I had ran out of other coffee before leaving so I grabbed a bag of this very coffee, ground it, bagged it and grabbed my aeropress on the way out the door. Nothing special but does a damn good cup of joe for peanuts.

Advertisement