Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Installation Date?

Options
  • 12-09-2016 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Hi 

From reading the threads on this and other forums I am not filled with any great hope but I'll ask the question anyway.

I ordered a Broadband & Phone pack on the 26th of August and was told it would be installed with 10 workings days. Ten working days have come and gone and nothing from Eir about an installation date. 

Could someone give me a date or even a rough idea for when this will be installed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi 

From reading the threads on this and other forums I am not filled with any great hope but I'll ask the question anyway.

I ordered a Broadband & Phone pack on the 26th of August and was told it would be installed with 10 workings days. Ten working days have come and gone and nothing from Eir about an installation date. 

Could someone give me a date or even a rough idea for when this will be installed?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Fozzie Bear,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, our open eir team will be able to advise on your installation date. You can contact them on 01-5366550.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Hi 

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Fozzie Bear,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, our open eir team will be able to advise on your installation date. You can contact them on 01-5366550.[/font]

Hi Pamela

So I rang Open Eir and they told it hasn't been sent to them yet? It being a date or appointment I'm guessing.

They said I need to speak to provider (Eir). I'm confused are Open Eir not Eir?? If Open Eir are not Eir who do I ring now?

Hi 

Hi Pamela

So I rang Open Eir and they told it hasn't been sent to them yet? It being a date or appointment I'm guessing.

They said I need to speak to provider (Eir). I'm confused are Open Eir not Eir?? If Open Eir are not Eir who do I ring now?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]eir is a direct customer of open eir as is any other provider using their infrastructure [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Fozzie Bear.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Did you receive an order or account number? I can follow this up with these details. [/font]

Hi 

Hi Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]eir is a direct customer of open eir as is any other provider using their infrastructure [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Fozzie Bear.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Did you receive an order or account number? I can follow this up with these details. [/font]

Thanks Pamela. I managed to get through to someone this morning in Eir. They looked it up and said the engineers would be out ot me in 3-5 days time. I'll wait and see what/if something happens in the next week

Hi 

Hi Pamela

Thanks Pamela. I managed to get through to someone this morning in Eir. They looked it up and said the engineers would be out ot me in 3-5 days time. I'll wait and see what/if something happens in the next week
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Fozzie Bear,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]if you need any further assistance please do let me know.[/font]

• Advertisement

Hi 

Hi Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Fozzie Bear,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]if you need any further assistance please do let me know.[/font]

Hi Pamela

I suppose i'm not that surprised that I have heard nothing since from Eir. I'm just extremely pissed off with the whole bloody thing now. Why is this such an ordeal? Why do I have to chase Eir? Why won't they ring me with an update or any sort of contact? It's heading for a month now since I signed up for your product and I'm still waiting. I live 2 miles outside Galway city, its not like I am out in the wilds of Connemara up the side of a mountain. I see KN and Eir vans driving by every week. WHY am I still waiting? Its so bloody annoying.

I'm sending a PM with my details. Please for the love of God tell me whats happening or why they won't connect up my service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi 

Hi Pamela

Hi Pamela

I suppose i'm not that surprised that I have heard nothing since from Eir. I'm just extremely pissed off with the whole bloody thing now. Why is this such an ordeal? Why do I have to chase Eir? Why won't they ring me with an update or any sort of contact? It's heading for a month now since I signed up for your product and I'm still waiting. I live 2 miles outside Galway city, its not like I am out in the wilds of Connemara up the side of a mountain. I see KN and Eir vans driving by every week. WHY am I still waiting? Its so bloody annoying.

I'm sending a PM with my details. Please for the love of God tell me whats happening or why they won't connect up my service?
    Hi Fozzie Bear, 

I am afraid Pamela is out on leave at the moment and would be unable to respond to your PM until she returns. 

Please feel free to PM me should you have any further queries. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Hi there,

I signed up to Eir fibre a few weeks ago and it is supposed to go live at my exchange tomorrow. I got an email with my new account number and a letter confirming my direct debit but no installation appointment as yet, can you check for me please? If so i will pm my acc number.
    Thanks

Hi there,

I signed up to Eir fibre a few weeks ago and it is supposed to go live at my exchange tomorrow. I got an email with my new account number and a letter confirming my direct debit but no installation appointment as yet, can you check for me please? If so i will pm my acc number.
    Thanks
    Hi downwiththatsor,

Thank you for posting to us :) 

I am very sorry to hear you have not received an appointment date as of yet. Yes, please feel free to PM me your account number and I will check this out for you. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Hi 

Hi Pamela

Hi Pamela

Hi Fozzie Bear, 

I am afraid Pamela is out on leave at the moment and would be unable to respond to your PM until she returns. 

Please feel free to PM me should you have any further queries. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara
    I finally got through to someone in Eir on the phone and spent 45 minutes getting this sorted out. She told me I needed to cancel my application and re-apply because someone else in Eir didn't follow a correct proceedure with my order. She didn't really explain it very well before dumping me over to Cancellation dept where I got someone else who had no idea why I was passed to him. However he went off and found out before explaining what happened and needs to happen. Because the correct proceedure wasn't followed my order kept getting automatically rejected by the system and this would have gone on forever if I didn't chase them up.

So now basically a phone line needs to be installed first and tested for Broadband capabilities. Then if it works they will install broadband. Hugh you were a gentleman and it took him all of 10 minutes to figure that out and explain it to me. Hugh passed me to Sales who went through it again, were apologetic and have promised me I will be contacted next Monday....

I live in hope that might actually happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Hi downwiththatsor,

I am very sorry to hear you have not received an appointment date as of yet. Yes, please feel free to PM me your account number and I will check this out for you. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara

I phoned yesterday and got my appointment in two weeks thanks

Hi downwiththatsor,

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara

I phoned yesterday and got my appointment in two weeks thanks
    No problem at all :) 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara

Advertisement