Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child locks for tight drawers?

• 12-09-2016 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

We have a new set of drawers in our kitchen that have very limited space on the inside to attach any child locks. There is very little space down the side and no shelf between the drawers to attach any hooks.

I know we could stick the straps on the outside, with the adhesive, but I don't believe the taglines that say they won't strip the paint when you come to remove them.

Has anyone found any child locks online or Dublin/Wicklow area that can fit into tight spaces? I'm bordering on making my own own but wary of hacking new kitchen to do so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

We didn't bother with child locks. And we didn't move anything either. She very quickly learnt what she could and couldn't touch. It worked a lot better then I thought it would!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Dinkie wrote: »
    We didn't bother with child locks. And we didn't move anything either. She very quickly learnt what she could and couldn't touch. It worked a lot better then I thought it would!

We're the same with our drawers. Never had locks and the kids don't really go near them.
    We do have the magnetic locks on some presses like the under sink etc and find them great, and you can't see them which is good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I had the magnetic ones last time, but I found them very fiddly to fit. Particularly on drawers. Cupboards weren't too bad! I'm fast approaching the time when I'll need to think about this again though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

We only put a lock on the cleaning products cupboard and we used an adhesive one. It was sticky enough that the kids couldn't open it but myself and oh managed to rip it off a few times by accident so we went through a few of them. No harm though, they were cheap and did the job. They didn't remove any paint from the press either, same sort of adhesive as command strips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Dinkie wrote: »

This. We did the same and never had an issue. Also the same for all my electronics under the TV. They know not to touch the amp, satellite receiver, games consoles, etc and they don't.

They were taught not to mess with certain things in the house while they were still crawling and learning to walk, and it's never been an issue.

Advertisement