Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIV and new baby

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Mary63 wrote: »
    I have never read a HSE leaflet blaming autism on cats.

Whoosh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Mary63 wrote: »
    I know there is no evidence but the baby did suffer the exact symptoms that the HSE leaflet said could be caused by an infection which can be caused by cat litter.It is one of the few infections that can infect a baby in the womb,mostly babies are protected within the womb from viruses.

I have always wondered is this what happened and did my friend ever consider it herself or would the hospital staff have mentioned this could have happened because of the cat.

It is obviously something that can happen if the HSE were placing notices in ante natal clinics and I don't see why anyone should be calling another poster a troll for mentioning it.

I have never read a HSE leaflet blaming autism on cats.

Maybe your friend shook hands with someone who'd changed cat litter and hadn't washed their hands and 3 cats were staring in the window?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭Bunnyslippers

Ms Doubtfire1 I usually get mine done at home too as much nicer and less stressful and surrounded by their buddies, but if in the vets and rigged upto a drip then kinder to do it then and there as vein already to go, transporting a sick cat home which is stressful too then getting the vet to try and find a vein again is not always easy! It just depends on how sick they are, where they are i guess and how with it the animal is too, as long as the owner is with them then I think that's the important thing. We used to get folk drop off pets to be pts and it was always pretty stressful and sad for the animal being surrounded by strangers at the last.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

We used to get folk drop off pets to be pts and it was always pretty stressful and sad for the animal being surrounded by strangers at the last.

:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

We used to get folk drop off pets to be pts and it was always pretty stressful and sad for the animal being surrounded by strangers at the last.

Fully agree. that last bit..it makes me terribly sad.I could never do that.I would never ever let them cross over without me present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

I know it's been a few months since I posted. I couldn't let Ziggy go. He had a huge amount of spirit left and I knew it wasn't his time. I gave him lots of love, time and affection. On Monday after pre arranging the appointment I brought him to the vets. He had been soiling his bed and was very weak. I was absolutely devastated but I'm told I did the right thing. I just wanted to let ye know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

mcginty28 wrote: »
    <snip, post deleted> Please don't feed the troll, who has been banned.

You are a horrible person and I have reported your post. Don't have anything more to say to you really.

Cerocco wrote: »
    I know it's been a few months since I posted. I couldn't let Ziggy go. He had a huge amount of spirit left and I knew it wasn't his time. I gave him lots of love, time and affection. On Monday after pre arranging the appointment I brought him to the vets. He had been soiling his bed and was very weak. I was absolutely devastated but I'm told I did the right thing. I just wanted to let ye know

I won't even comment on the little scrote above but I reported also.

Cerocco, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it must have been for you to say your final goodbye. You know your pet best so trust that the decisions you made were the right ones for him and take comfort in that. I'm sure he appreciated the extra time he had with you and all the extra love that came with it just as much as you did. Take care x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

So sorry, but you did the right thing for him. He'll always be with you. I always put lots of photo's around, I find that comforting.

Take care

xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

So sorry, but you did the right thing for him. He'll always be with you. I always put lots of photo's around, I find that comforting.

Take care

xx

Advertisement