Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking to buy a house in D12

Options
  • 12-09-2016 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Myself and my partner are looking to buy a house in D12,
    Have lived in area previously in Kimmage and would love to buy a house around Sundrive but aware prices are sneaking up!
    Can anyone advise on better areas around Crumlin/Kimmage/Walkinstown/Drimnagh
    So far have been advised against Kildare Rd, Windmill and Captains Rd?

Thanks in advance! :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rathmoresham

nicki85 wrote:
    Myself and my partner are looking to buy a house in D12, Have lived in area previously in Kimmage and would love to buy a house around Sundrive but aware prices are sneaking up! Can anyone advise on better areas around Crumlin/Kimmage/Walkinstown/Drimnagh So far have been advised against Kildare Rd, Windmill and Captains Rd?

Hi Nicki. I posted a similar topic last year titled 'buying in D12' if you want to have a look at the responses.. I ended buying on St. James Rd off the Templeogue exit of Walkinstown roundabout. A bit further out from where i initially wanted but am delighted there. About 10 houses have gone for sale and sold since within months. It seems to be flying due to the demographics of the area.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Kildare Road is a main road and would see a lot of traffic - no social problems, just loud and very heavy traffic.

Windmill Road connects the main road, Crumlin Rd, to the village. It would see a bit of traffic but it's not too bad. There is a swimming pool and a park on it so there would be a lot of kids coming and going but it's generally fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Kings Inns or bust

Captains Road is good if you ever want to be famous amongst law students!

Grr me link doesn't work! See AG v O'Brien

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭boris1234

Also looking in D12 myself.

Having only lived in D6 I'm not very familiar with most of D12 apart from Clogher road where a friend was living.

Seen places on Leighlin Road, Innismore, Cashel Road and Slievemore Road that look nice online but hard to know what the area is like when I'm not from there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement