Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hit and Run Driver Sought

• 12-09-2016 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭

Early on the morning of Monday 9th Sept 2016 , around 12.45am, a woman, probably in her 20s, wearing glasses and driving a small dark blue Volkswagen of some sort crashed into a parked car on Kilcullen Main street,co kildare causing thousands of euros worth of damage to the car she hit and also causing damage to another car nearby. She then turned her car around and drove without headlights back up the town in the direction she had come from( Athy road) and made a hasty escape.
    Needless to say that this is a pathetic, low life kind of crime and the perpetrator should be brought to justice. If anyone knows someone with a small blue Volkswagen whose car is suddenly damaged on the front and front left side today then please let me know or contact Kilcullen or Naas garda stations with your information. The person who caused this accident is a threat to others and should not be on the roads.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

is there any where near by that would have cctv like a car park? just thinking with the time of night had she come from a local pub or restaurant after 1 too many

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Do you mean Friday the 9th of Sept or Monday the 5th of September OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Not too sure you're in the right forum. Half of the crowd here would call anyone with information a "rat". It's also highly likely that this "lady" had no insurance.
    Oh the ironing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

I saw that victims car outside Super Valu this morning, looked like a fair smack it got on the rear quarter in fairness. Try Applegreen as they might have forecourt cctv that might get something. Unfortunately I don't think there's anything beyond them on that side of Kilcullen with cameras on the road.

Sadly I'd imagine that blue car is now under a tarp out the back of a house with no plates on it not to see the light of day. Infuriating tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

TrailerBob wrote: »
    I saw that victims car outside Super Valu this morning, looked like a fair smack it got on the rear quarter in fairness. Try Applegreen as they might have forecourt cctv that might get something. Unfortunately I don't think there's anything beyond them on that side of Kilcullen with cameras on the road.

Sadly I'd imagine that blue car is now under a tarp out the back of a house with no plates on it not to see the light of day. Infuriating tbh

Garda forensics are usually good at tracing cars from paint flakes left behind.
    It's how they found the killer of the kid in cabra a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭sodacat11

The incident happened at 12.45 am on Monday 12th Sept. If the woman involved was drunk or drugged then better that she is put off the road before she kills someone. I thought that maybe she would have had the decency to come forward once she had sobered up but my faith in human nature was obviously misplaced. The gardai will find her soon and then she will have "leaving the scene of an accident to add to her charges".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

sodacat11 wrote: »
    The incident happened at 12.45 am on Monday 12th Sept. If the woman involved was drunk or drugged then better that she is put off the road before she kills someone. I thought that maybe she would have had the decency to come forward once she had sobered up but my faith in human nature was obviously misplaced. The gardai will find her soon and then she will have "leaving the scene of an accident to add to her charges".

What are the guards doing in the mean time?
    Get to the place of impact and look for any shops/businesses that have cctv outside.
    Id also get onto any garages or scrap yards and ask havethey had vws come in with serious damage.
    I seriously doubt the person is going to drive that car until its either repaired or destroyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Garda forensics are usually good at tracing cars from paint flakes left behind.
    It's how they found the killer of the kid in cabra a few years ago.

Murder and fender-bender don't get equal forensic attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭sodacat11

bear1 wrote: »
    What are the guards doing in the mean time?
    Get to the place of impact and look for any shops/businesses that have cctv outside.
    Id also get onto any garages or scrap yards and ask havethey had vws come in with serious damage.
    I seriously doubt the person is going to drive that car until its either repaired or destroyed.

I have done the things you mention and the Gardai are looking at cctv from the area.

Advertisement