Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best county for getting probation (primary)?

Options
  • 12-09-2016 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I have come to the realization that I will have to (unfortunately) move if I am to get probation. I come from a small town in a more rural county, and principals here have a bad attitude towards probation. I know a few people from the area who graduated with me, and nearly all of the people who now have probation moved away, without a job, to more urban areas. So I am going to do the same.

However, I don't know where to go. The information I'm getting is very mixed. The more common places i'm being told to move to are Naas, Portlaoise and Dublin. I don't know which one I should actually go with though. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Portlaoise is a good base for lots of places, if you have your own transport. otherwise Dublin, but you are a little behind the curve as many schools will have filled vacancies for this term. Many Gaelscoileanna find it hard to get subs with a good standard of Irish, so might be worth considering too.

Advertisement