Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Seems its Radiohead for the Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

The Nal wrote: »
    Seems its Radiohead for the Saturday night.

A lot of confidence on efest for it.

If it goes as they are saying with daft punk on Friday and the roses on Sunday I'll be a very happy man

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

ryaner777 wrote: »

If it goes as they are saying with daft punk on Friday and the roses on Sunday I'll be a very happy man

Can Daft Punk top that Pyramid show though from 2007 / 2008.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

It's the same old predictions every year:
    Radiohead
    Daft Punk
    Bowie
    Prince
    Foo Fighters
    Fleetwood Mac

Obviously some of those are not options anymore :( The rumour I believe (For better or worse, I cast no judgement :) ) is
    Foo Fighters,
    Ed Sheeran,
    Rihanna,
    Daft Punk on Other

Radiohead often play smaller tents as opposed to main stages playing their latest album from start to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

It's my first Glastonbury so not sure how accurate the predictions are on efest but from reading the forums they seem 99.99% on radiohead on the Saturday for the big tv slot ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,909 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's the same predictions every year but Neil (the Admin there) normally has decent insider information..

.. that's not to say he's always right, but it's a good bet I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

This forum really is the kid brother of the efests one.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blahfool

I'm hearing it's Prince on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

It's the same old predictions every year:
    Radiohead
    Daft Punk
    Bowie
    Prince
    Foo Fighters
    Fleetwood Mac

Obviously some of those are not options anymore :( The rumour I believe (For better or worse, I cast no judgement :) ) is
    Foo Fighters,
    Ed Sheeran,
    Rihanna,
    Daft Punk on Other

Radiohead often play smaller tents as opposed to main stages playing their latest album from start to finish

can't tell if this is a joke post or not, given the start.

Daft Punk are Pyramid headliners only. zero chance they play the Other.
    Radiohead haven't played their new album in full anywhere, let alone smaller tents, they've headlined every festival they've played this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

ryaner777 wrote: »

This, could even skip the roses on the Sunday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

The Nal wrote: »
    They're on the left of this pic. Miles away from some of the stages really. On top of a hill. Which you have to walk up obviously. Theres far better things to be doing that spending hours throughout the week hiking up there. Theres queues for showers and the toilets too.

My advice would be get a nice tent and camp in Hitchin Hill or Michaels Mead. Making it back to Worthy View during the day for a power kip/refill/clothes change isn't an option really as its too far. However this year I got from my tent in Hitchin Jill into the pit for ZZ Top in 6 minutes.

Good tent, blow up mattress, ear plugs, eye masks and you're sorted.

We were in the East Campervan fields last time but think we may be in a tent this time. I can just remember walking through all the tents pitched inside the gate overlooking the Pyramid. Completely crammed in, it didn't look very appealing at all - would Hitchin Hill or Michaels Mead etc be any better?

I've never done WV so I could be way off here but surely it depends on where you'd like to be based close to.

Hitchin Hill Ground is quite a distance away from the side of the site that I'm most likely to be early in the day and same goes for late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I've never done WV so I could be way off here but surely it depends on where you'd like to be based close to.

Hitchin Hill Ground is quite a distance away from the side of the site that I'm most likely to be early in the day and same goes for late at night.

I'd happily walk a bit further not to be crammed in like sardines, but by the Thursday/Friday are all the fields likely to be like this?

Chelon wrote: »
    I'd happily walk a bit further not to be crammed in like sardines, but by the Thursday/Friday are all the fields likely to be like this?
    the ones overlooking the Pyramid are probably the 2nd most crammed after Pennards Hill.
    most of the others won't be far off, but there's plenty of spots that still have a bit of space throughout the weekend, although they're the ones furthest out.
    if you don't mind walking, then South Park 1, Rigs Field, Baileys and Back House won't be too packed, possibly Rivermead and Pylon Ground too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

the ones overlooking the Pyramid are probably the 2nd most crammed after Pennards Hill. most of the others won't be far off, but there's plenty of spots that still have a bit of space throughout the weekend, although they're the ones furthest out. if you don't mind walking, then South Park 1, Rigs Field, Baileys and Back House won't be too packed, possibly Rivermead and Pylon Ground too.

Ssshhhhh about back gate. That's been a fairly recent revelation.

the ones overlooking the Pyramid are probably the 2nd most crammed after Pennards Hill.
    most of the others won't be far off, but there's plenty of spots that still have a bit of space throughout the weekend, although they're the ones furthest out.
    if you don't mind walking, then South Park 1, Rigs Field, Baileys and Back House won't be too packed, possibly Rivermead and Pylon Ground too.
    I always stay in Pylon or River mead arriving in at 3pm on a Thursday and often finding a patch to set up 4 tents together.

I'd have no interest pitching my tent looking onto the pyramid stage or the other stage. Don't see the appeal at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,909 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Do people really want to see The Stone Roses headline? Not really a fan but while I've heard Ian Brown's voice has deteriorated, honestly...

.. it's goddamn horrendous.

I thought Bernard Sumner's voice wasn't great with New Order last year but he had the voice of an angel when compared to that abomination!

Don't get me wrong.. I like a lot of The Stone Roses stuff but hearing him warble out those songs would slightly tarnish positive memories I had of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Brown sang well at the gig in Marley this year. He has good nights and bad nights

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Im hoping for sheeran so i dont have to spend all 3 nights at the pyramid

I saw them a few years ago and hated the concert. It was more down to the crowd than the performance.

I'd like to see them again without the baggage of the fanbase that they attracted that day.

Glastonbury would be the perfect opportunity.

That's why a trio of daft punk, radiohead and the stone roses would tick all of my boxes.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Do people really want to see The Stone Roses headline? Not really a fan but while I've heard Ian Brown's voice has deteriorated, honestly...

well you've picked what is commonly regarded as their worst gig ever there, his voice is generally much better.

he sings the way he sings though, he's not going to sing in a different style than he has for the last 25 years.
    you don't go to a Bob Dylan or Van Morrison concert and complain that they haven't been hitting the high notes like Mariah Carey :pac:

Brown has a style, in the field you probably won't really be able to hear much with everyone singing the songs anyway, but if you don't like his voice live that much then probably best to steer clear as he's certainly not going to be singing like a choirboy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If the Roses play and you're anywhere near the front you won't be able to hear him anyway because all the brits will be singing so loud they'll drown him out, id say it would be very enjoyable.

Basq wrote: »
    It's the same predictions every year but Neil (the Admin there) normally has decent insider information..

.. that's not to say he's always right, but it's a good bet I'd say.

here's what he has said this afternoon:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/214002-radiohead-headlining-2017/?page=57
    So ... who's keeping score....?

I'm currently on two excellent proven sources who have told me Radiohead are headlining, and now I'm also up to two with the unproven-tho-I'm-inclined-think-they're-excellent sources (both of whom were insistent they weren't playing in 2016).

Blimey, Radiohead sources falling out my ears. I never quite thought i'd have that.

oo7tk wrote: »
    Go onto PodPads website and email them and they will email you back same day with the different options they have..
    So I did this and they sent me an email with options without bedding.

I then requested the options with bedding as per your email and they said they didn't do that last year and won't be doing it this year.

Very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭oo7tk

So I did this and they sent me an email with options without bedding.

I then requested the options with bedding as per your email and they said they didn't do that last year and won't be doing it this year.

Very confusing.

They have this on their site so I was sure they did?? I'm
    very interested in this also so will you mail them again and ask about the bedding extra on their site for £35.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

can't tell if this is a joke post or not, given the start.

Daft Punk are Pyramid headliners only. zero chance they play the Other.
    Radiohead haven't played their new album in full anywhere, let alone smaller tents, they've headlined every festival they've played this year.

What I mean is that for years it was always: Prince is headlining 199X or 20XX Glastonbury" Or Bowie. Every year you hear people saying "Oh, I KNOW he is playing: My blank works for his binman and he said he will be away that weekend" They were the constant rumours.
    I've seen Radiohead there twice. Both in smaller stages in the last 8 years I've been going. Both when they headlined other festivals. They are simply not interested in headlining anymore. And lets be honest, their last few albums are not exactly massive-stage-get-the-crowd-going tracks. They do their own thing and play what they want.
    I will admit that Daft Punk are probably too big for The Other stage but it is strange that almost immediately after Foo Fighers pulled out a couple of years ago, they announced that 2017 was NOT going to be a fallow year. Lending people the belief that Foos will play in 2017 instead. Ed Sheeran has apparently said he is playing 2017. That leaves one last slot: Probably female, probably American.
    Don't get me wrong: I would be the happiest person there if they headlined :) and I hope I'm wrong but that would be my guess.

I've seen Radiohead there twice. Both in smaller stages in the last 8 years I've been going. Both when they headlined other festivals. They are simply not interested in headlining anymore. And lets be honest, their last few albums are not exactly massive-stage-get-the-crowd-going tracks. They do their own thing and play what they want.
    they've headlined the main stage at literally every single festival they've done this summer, of which there have been many, and at none have they played the new album in full.

oo7tk wrote: »
    They have this on their site so I was sure they did?? I'm
    very interested in this also so will you mail them again and ask about the bedding extra on their site for £35.

Thanks
    Can you access that content from the non hospitality worthy view page? I can't.

On the back of that email and on reading where they explicitly say they don't do bedding in WV it's pretty clear to me that they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭oo7tk

Can you access that content from the non hospitality worthy view page? I can't.

On the back of that email and on reading where they explicitly say they don't do bedding in WV it's pretty clear to me that they don't.

Yea I think you could be correct actually, kinda changes it all for us to be honest.. I'm also looking at ZooLoos seems ok, any other campsite with fully furnished accom for a reasonable price do you know??

• Advertisement

I don't. Getting a 2 person podpad is my priority now. The bedding was just a nice to have.

Should I not secure one of those when WV goes on sale I'll look at other options.

Advertisement