Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,911 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Emily has confirmed No Daft Punk or Stone Roses..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Boooooo.

Shame about no Daft Pink.

Perfectly happy if I have zero interest in the other 2 to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Sheog wrote: »
    Devo!!!! :(

Can't make it next year due to a wedding. Suffering from major FOMO right now!!!!

I got momentarily excited thinking Devo were announced

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I still reckon Ed is on Saturday. I Put a tenner on it at 5/1. Sunday is totally up in the air now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MadYaker wrote: »
    I still reckon Ed is on Saturday. I Put a tenner on it at 5/1. Sunday is totally up in the air now though.

would Fleetwood Mac be big enough to headline ??

Garth Brooks ??? (but i think he is only big here)

Rolling Stones, Guns N Roses other possibilties

• Advertisement

The Rolling Stones did it once just so they could add it to their legacy, and they absolutely nailed it by all accounts so I think that's it for them. They're mainly in it for the money these days which Glasto don't offer.

Not a hope they'd book somone as crap as Garth Brooks, and definitely not as a headliner.

Fleetwood Mac could do it alright but it looks like they won't be touring until october next year due to the album they're trying to finish.

Guns N Roses once again are only interested in the big pay days which they won't get from Glastonbury but they would get from other UK festivals like IOW or Reading so I think they are unlikely as well.

U2 have a new album out in the spring (apparently) and will be touring. I think there's a chance it could be them due to a comment made by Eavis last year saying that 2 of the 2017 headliners have headlined before (so in this case that would be radiohead and U2)

There's talk of Kings Of Lean too, this would fit with the returning headliner comment by Eavis, but by all accounts their new album is a bit rubbish and they are well past their peak at this stage and just look like an all round fairly weak booking by Glasto standards.

Foo Fighters are apparently no longer on hiatus so I guess it could be them too. Beyond that it's anyones guess but Glastonbury play it real safe with headliners these days so id say it's unlikely to be anyone too unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Phil Collins for Sunday night.

MadYaker wrote: »
    The Rolling Stones did it once just so they could add it to their legacy, and they absolutely nailed it by all accounts so I think that's it for them. They're mainly in it for the money these days which Glasto don't offer.

Not a hope they'd book somone as crap as Garth Brooks, and definitely not as a headliner.

Fleetwood Mac could do it alright but it looks like they won't be touring until october next year due to the album they're trying to finish.

Guns N Roses once again are only interested in the big pay days which they won't get from Glastonbury but they would get from other UK festivals like IOW or Reading so I think they are unlikely as well.

U2 have a new album out in the spring (apparently) and will be touring. I think there's a chance it could be them due to a comment made by Eavis last year saying that 2 of the 2017 headliners have headlined before (so in this case that would be radiohead and U2)

There's talk of Kings Of Lean too, this would fit with the returning headliner comment by Eavis, but by all accounts their new album is a bit rubbish and they are well past their peak at this stage and just look like an all round fairly weak booking by Glasto standards.

Foo Fighters are apparently no longer on hiatus so I guess it could be them too. Beyond that it's anyones guess but Glastonbury play it real safe with headliners these days so id say it's unlikely to be anyone too unpredictable.
    Eavis has said that 2 out of the 3 headliners have never headlined before... and Radiohead have headlined numerous times. So it rules a couple of those out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah but Eavis talks complete bollocks.

2013: "next year's headliners are 3 bands that have never played the festival before"
    2014: Arcade Fire and Kasabian return for headline appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Thinking of trying for a Podpad tomorrow. Last time we stayed in the East Camper; found it long enough but manageable and worth it for the relative peace n quiet.

Anyone know how the trek/hill compares to Worthy View?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Chelon wrote: »
    Thinking of trying for a Podpad tomorrow. Last time we stayed in the East Camper; found it long enough but manageable and worth it for the relative peace n quiet.

Anyone know how the trek/hill compares to Worthy View?
    The podpads are in Worthy View

The Nal wrote: »

Yeh I meant compared to the East Campers ;-)

Too late now, I'm going all in for a Podpad in 20 mins....

I'm going for East Campers this year.. how is the trek there? The hill up WV can be tough going but presumed trek to East Campers was flat, no?

Basq wrote: »
    I'm going for East Campers this year.. how is the trek there? The hill up WV can be tough going but presumed trek to East Campers was flat, no?

No you will have the "Hill of Death" - but it's not as bad as they say, although it may be worse if there's a lot of rain.

Anyone else on the "Glasto Chat" Facebook page? Pretty cool.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

East campers is the "Hill of Death", but it's not that bad really.

Looks to me like the hill to Worthy View is worse, just that is a newer thing so didn't get to claim the moniker of Hill of Death. :)

All the Podpads gone already - 3 minutes?!?

400192.png

Brother in Oz got our East CV ticket thankfully.. checked WV about 12:10 and all that remains!

Yikes - I know they'll hold some back but good god!

EDIT: Some re-appearing every so often:
    400193.png

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

We were trying for podpads but no luck. Got a 6-8 person scout tent instead it'll have to do

Yep, pod pad's are definitely gone but most options bar pod pad's and belle pad's are sporadically appearing on WV for the past 10 - 15 minutes.

• Advertisement

Apart from the hill yeah, which takes 90 seconds to walk.
    Issue with CV East is that if you're put into E14, 15, 16 or 17 you can be up to 25 minutes walk from the gate. And then another 10 or so to the Pyramid Stage for example. Nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Yep, pod pad's are definitely gone but most options bar pod pad's and belle pad's are sporadically appearing on WV for the past 10 - 15 minutes.

Keep appearing but then when you select them they're gone

It would appear that The Foo Fighters having announced a EU tour next summer are almost confirmed as a headliner, probably on the Sunday night. So that's 2 out of 3 with Sheeran likely taking the Saturday night slot. Looks like it'll just be Friday night at Pyramid for me again this year. Suits me grand tbh any more than that and id feel like I'm missing out on other stuff.

^ More gutted that IOW announced Arcade Fire as their first exclusive headliner this morning! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It would have only been 3 years since they headlined last and they wouldn't play another slot in Glastonbury after having headlined so I doubt they were ever in the running. Not even Coldplay get to come back that quickly.

Toast wrote: »
    It would have only been 3 years since they headlined last and they wouldn't play another slot in Glastonbury after having headlined so I doubt they were ever in the running. Not even Coldplay get to come back that quickly.
    Yeah, I know.. just needed something to make me visit the Pyramid again for a headliner.. none of the confirmed/rumoured headliner's have done it for me.

Would like Fleetwood Mac but Eavis has repeatedly said they're too expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I've heard people here before sharing taxis from Bristol to Glastonbury on the Wednesday morning.

How easy is it to get taxis in the other direction on the Monday morning? Cheers!

I'm sure it'd be fine if you book it in advance. There was 8 of us last year and we looked at the taxi from Bristol option but in the end the bus ended up being cheaper and easier. We'd have been totally f*cked last year if we got a taxi with the traffic chaos.

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I've heard people here before sharing taxis from Bristol to Glastonbury on the Wednesday morning.

How easy is it to get taxis in the other direction on the Monday morning? Cheers!
    Almost impossible. Unless you book obviously. I book them every year.

• Advertisement

Any long range forecasts available for this yet? :P Hoping to avoid a repeat of this

Advertisement