Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The Avalanches replied to someone on twitter this morning saying that they were playing (deleted since then)
    http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/16/161223b.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Radiohead, The Avalanches, The XX and Angel Olsen all look like certainties which is an excellent start.

The rest of the top half of the bill isn't looking amazing based on current rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Would anyone be interested in a carpool this year? Thinking of driving over this year for the first time. Sail early morning Wednesday and back monday evening / Tuesday? Would be passing through kilkenny, waterford, new Ross, rosslare

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Looking for two tickets if anyone can't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,911 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Not that easy to resell buddy.. photos stamped on tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

A mainstream act headlines Glastonbury, people say, "Ugh this is a disgrace. There is far better music out there that needs to be heard"

Someone not major in the mainstream industry plays Glastonbury, people say, "Ugh this is a disgrace. There is far better music in the charts that should be heard"

Quite funny every year tbh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not this Glastonbury person. I only have a vague idea of who will be playing in advance of the festival each year.

With the size of the event it is irrelevant if you don't happen to be a fan of a particular act on a particular stage. There is something else to do elsewhere on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

A mainstream act headlines Glastonbury, people say, "Ugh this is a disgrace. There is far better music out there that needs to be heard"

Someone not major in the mainstream industry plays Glastonbury, people say, "Ugh this is a disgrace. There is far better music in the charts that should be heard"

Quite funny every year tbh

Yeah, like that muppet a couple of years ago going on about kanye west. Like him or loathe him (I loathe him) he had every right to be there is a very big star and many people wanted to see him. So you know what I did? Shocker: I went to see someone else.

But yeah, you are right. They go mainstream like the did a few years ago with U2, Beyonce and Coldplay and everyone says they are selling out. They dial back the massive massive acts and people say they can't pull in the big acts anymore and it's on the way out.

2017 will be my 7th Glasto I think and usually I only go to the Pyramid for one headline. Was at Bootleg Beatles in The Acoustic instead of The Stones for example.

Roll on 2017. Will have to hose out my tent after last year (But at least it held up, Thank God). At least there will be no Brexit to dampen the mood - Was a really weird vibe there this/last year. Although I suppose Trump/Pence (Depending on who is still in office) will still be p1ssing people off.

Irish Ferries have a 25% off sale at the moment for those of you getting the boat.

• Advertisement

Thanks for reminder ghostdancer.. saved us almost €150.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

talkabout wrote: »
    Looking for two tickets if anyone can't make it.

Pretty sure its impossible to sell a ticket

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

...and then consider that there are 200,000 people living in that area for a week. :eek:

threein99 wrote: »
    Pretty sure its impossible to sell a ticket

Certainly possible to sell a ticket.

Buying that tickets is a pretty pointless exercise and waste of money though as your chances of getting into the festival are fairly non-existent. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

robinph wrote: »
    ...and then consider that there are 200,000 people living in that area for a week. :eek:

Does this area include the campsites?

dmm82 wrote: »
    Does this area include the campsites?

Yes. But not the campervans or carparks.

Although I've just been trying to match the outline up to the satellite imagery of the site itself and can't quite get it to line up exactly. The area of the shape is correct though for everything inside the main fence.

I always thought that there should be the option of exchanging the ticket online. Not with anyone, just specific friends/family. When you register your name/photo you should be able to add maybe the names of 4 other registered people. You buy your ticket, discover you can't go, and can then transfer this ticket to one of these 6 people ONLY. Seetickets refund you your money and bill the new person. Maybe charge a £20 handling/processing fee as it would be pretty manual. That way it's not going to a new "friend/tout", Seetickets make their money and someone who can't go knows it's going to a good home.
    Obviously there is nothing stopping someone touting their friends but you would just hope they wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Just don't book the Epsilon. Traveled on it last night. Awful ferry. Hardly anywhere for a stretch. Bugger all seating and lighting that would burn your retinas. Not what you need after a week in a field.

For some reason that was in reference to Irish ferries. Must have replied to an old post.

don't know about the Epsilon, but we got the Ulysses last year. straight to the Executive Lounge thing is the only way, 20 quid for free soft drinks/tea/coffee, fruit, crisps, biscuits, pastries, yoghurt, granola and cereal, newspapers, nicer seats, and it was lovely and quiet in there.
    went with Stena Line the previous year and pretty much the same experience.

speaking of which, Stena Line also have 25% off now too using the promo code SPARKLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

don't know about the Epsilon, but we got the Ulysses last year. straight to the Executive Lounge thing is the only way, 20 quid for free soft drinks/tea/coffee, fruit, crisps, biscuits, pastries, yoghurt, granola and cereal, newspapers, nicer seats, and it was lovely and quiet in there. went with Stena Line the previous year and pretty much the same experience.

I don't think the Epsilon even has that option. So avoid at all costs if you want a comfortable journey. It only had facilties on one side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

robinph wrote: »
    Certainly possible to sell a ticket.

Buying that tickets is a pretty pointless exercise and waste of money though as your chances of getting into the festival are fairly non-existent. :D

:D

Fair point

not that there's much doubt, but yet another massive indicator that Sheeran will be headlining. just need Dave Grohl to go on Radio 1 to put us out of our misery now... :pac:

https://twitter.com/R1Breakfast/status/817302041349472256

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

not that there's much doubt, but yet another massive indicator that Sheeran will be headlining. just need Dave Grohl to go on Radio 1 to put us out of our misery now... :pac:

https://twitter.com/R1Breakfast/status/817302041349472256

Hahahahahahahahaahahahaha awh my God

I long for the day something comes along and gives music a major kick up the arse. Boring ginger tosser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Just looking at booking my flights back from Bristol on the Monday. I'm on a coach ticket (as I have been for the past few years) but going in and out of Bristol for the first time.

Would the 15:45 flight on the Monday afternoon be too optimistic? The 4 years I've been previously I've gone from either Cardiff or Birmingham and never been later than around 4/5pm getting back there from buses leaving the Glasto site around 11am.

Obviously Bristol is closer than either Cardiff or Birmingham and I suspect there may be a slightly higher frequency of buses going there as it's the closest big city.

What do you reckon, book the 15:45 flight or play it safe and get the 19:10 one? I'd rather not have to hang around Bristol city/airport for a number of hours smelling like a bag of ****e if at all possible. Cheers!

Do you know what time your bus will be leaving the site?

If it is at silly'o'clock on the Monday morning then you should be fine for the airport as you should be relatively OK on the journey getting off site. If it is at a more reasonable hour leaving the site then I think there would be too many other variables to throw in the mix then to be in anyway sure of making it.

You should also consider that getting to the airport is not the quickest of journeys either and it is at least 30 minutes and back almost in the direction of the site that you'll have just left. I'd leave much longer than that though during the day time, and even longer again for a time slot that may clash with rush hours at all.
    The route to the airport shouldn't be effected by traffic leaving the Glastonbury site trying to get back to Bristol, but there could be more traffic than usual trying to avoid the muddy cars coming the other way.

Bristol Airport is a bit rubbish and can totally understand not wanting to spend longer than nesecary there, but personally I'd go for the slightly later flight just to be sure and a bit less stressed out. Keep a few quid spending money spare and treat yourself to some fancy food/ coffee/ cake whilst waiting in Bristol if the timings go well for you getting off the site. You might be stinky and muddy, but nobody will care in Bristol on that day other than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Play it safe and get the 7pm flight. Getting out of there on the coach can be a disaster. All you need is one old hippy van to break down in those country lanes and the whole place goes to ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 odonaghue

Hi all,
    Myself and my GF were lucky enough to get 2 tickets this year, first time going. Now we need to decide if we'll drive or fly over. Kinda thinking more along the car route. We cannot leave until Wed evening so it would be Thur either way when we would be arriving :( . The car just seems more handy for bringing stuff for the 4 days. We're travelling from Donegal so it will be a long haul ...I know!!!!! Any comments, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

^ Have done the car route the last 2 years.

Both times leaving early on Wednesday morning from Rosslare to Pembroke. Car is handy to be honest... ours was primarily booze filled. Massive cooler box, sometimes 2! :) But even for a good change of clothes, shoes, plus the option to travel further afoot if needs be (did this the first year - Bristol, Bath, Torquay etc.).

This year we decided on the same ferry but 6 of us going this year, so going the hired campervan route. 
    Works out not a lot more than €220 each... beds and showers will be a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

+1 on the ferry..booked on the 9:30pm Tuesday evening from rosslare to Pembroke ready for the que party, early Wednesday..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Kris Kristofferson self confirmed:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/kris-kristofferson-confirmed-glastonbury-2017-line-up-1946607

Heading back on the Tuesday morning flight myself. Have booked a decent hostel room in Bristol at €15 each for a bed for the group. Good bit cheaper than getting the Monday flight and we can all shower and have a decent meal and be refreshed for the flight in the morning.

Advertisement