Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    +1 on the ferry..booked on the 9:30pm Tuesday evening from rosslare to Pembroke ready for the que party, early Wednesday..

Did the 9pm Tuesday night sailing from Rosslare to Fishguard in 2014 with a campervan and drove overnight to Glastonbury. Was parked up on site around 5.30am Wednesday morning after a couple of stops along the way.

Going again this year jut getting the 8.45am Rosslare to Pembroke sailing on the Tuesday so that we can drive nice and easy to Glastonbury the Tuesday afternoon, get on site Tuesday night and get a full nights sleep in the campervan. Waking up nice and fresh Wednesday morning.

If you have the option to go on the morning sailing and can amend the booking free of charge, I would recommend changing. Glastonbury is a tough slog with very little sleep. I would highly advise against starting your week with an overnight drive and losing a full nights kip.

Said from experience.

(Plus you'll get a much better spot in the campervan field's)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭lurleen lumpkin

The rumoured new festival has a name, 'Variety Bazaar'. Registered under the name John Reynolds. Interesting times ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

We're half thinking of going down the campervan route now but don't have a campervan ticket. Does anyone know if these are easy enough to get in the resale or are we wasting our time?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,911 ✭✭✭✭Basq

dmm82 wrote: »
    We're half thinking of going down the campervan route now but don't have a campervan ticket.  Does anyone know if these are easy enough to get in the resale or are we wasting our time?
    They'll always sell out fairly quick, but you've backup options if all else fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dmm82 wrote: »
    We're half thinking of going down the campervan route now but don't have a campervan ticket.  Does anyone know if these are easy enough to get in the resale or are we wasting our time?
    Don't bother. You're outside the festival and its really expensive. Get a good tent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've got a campervan ticket, but because of a mix up in the ordering I ended up with a different one to what I was actually after... so, I'll be trying in the resale to pick up another one for the right area...which means I'll then be hopefully returning the original one back.
    Unfortunately, with the alleged new campervan tickets they may be linked to the primary buyers ticket and so not transferable so there isn't an option to pick one up via a non-Seetickets method.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Basq wrote: »
    They'll always sell out fairly quick, but you've backup options if all else fails.

Hi have you stayed here before or know anyone that did? Just worried it might be very far away

^ Nope, haven't stayed there... just read about it elsewhere. 10 minutes bus from entrance apparently - £1 per person on bus each way.

It's a useful backup in case you don't get a CV Fields ticket and only should be used as such I'd imagine.

Read someone on EFests who booked them, ended up getting a CV ticket in resale and then cancelled this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

robinph wrote: »
    I've got a campervan ticket, but because of a mix up in the ordering I ended up with a different one to what I was actually after... so, I'll be trying in the resale to pick up another one for the right area...which means I'll then be hopefully returning the original one back.
    Unfortunately, with the alleged new campervan tickets they may be linked to the primary buyers ticket and so not transferable so there isn't an option to pick one up via a non-Seetickets method.

Did you buy for the East instead of the West?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Wooderson wrote: »
    Nope, someone else booked my campervan ticket as I couldn't get through and didn't get the family version of it so now some of the family are in family and some regular. Seetickets wouldn't let me change it over.
    Never been an issue previously getting into the family section where we want to be, but it's a new system this year and with us turning up on the Tuesday afternoon the security may not quite have lost their motivation by that point and may stick to the rules.

• Advertisement

Wooderson wrote: »
    Nope, someone else booked my campervan ticket as I couldn't get through and didn't get the family version of it so now some of the family are in family and some regular. Seetickets wouldn't let me change it over.
    Never been an issue previously getting into the family section where we want to be, but it's a new system this year and with us turning up on the Tuesday afternoon the security may not quite have lost their motivation by that point and may stick to the rules.
    Is there a family spot for campervans? :ermm:

They have always had a family campervan field since I've been going going in the van. Sometimes we've ended up there by mistake after being directed the wrong way on arrival. It is new this year for them to have actual family field tickets and now we have a mini glasto goer we'd rather be there.

Doesn't make a whole lot of difference though, except there will be other families camped next door and things are a touch quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

They have always had a family campervan field since I've been going going in the van. Sometimes we've ended up there by mistake after being directed the wrong way on arrival. It is new this year for them to have actual family field tickets and now we have a mini glasto goer we'd rather be there.

Family campercans was nixed a couple years back.

Good to hear they've brought it back. Hopefully it will be near E21.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Don't want to start a big debate on tents but is it worth investing in something half decent or is there a high chance it could be trashed/stolen? Wouldn't mind investing in something really nice but am a little nervous all the same.

Have camper vanned before but this will be first time camping. Looking to camp further out in a quieter field so hopefully less chance of problems.

very little chance anything will happen to it.
    it's possible someone might rob what's inside the tent, but again fairly unlikely.
    put anything remotely valuable in the lockups I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Don't put it up directly beside a main walkway and it'll be fine.

Chelon wrote: »
    Don't want to start a big debate on tents but is it worth investing in something half decent or is there a high chance it could be trashed/stolen? Wouldn't mind investing in something really nice but am a little nervous all the same.

Have camper vanned before but this will be first time camping. Looking to camp further out in a quieter field so hopefully less chance of problems.
    Defo invest in something more than half decent. Make yourself comfortable. I've a Vango tent and its great. Regulates temperature, no moisture etc. And I can stand up straight in the main bit.

Foo Fighters playing a fanclub gig in a small venue in Frome tomorrow evening, a few miles up the road from Glastonbury. tickets were sent to fanclub members who live nearby over the last week.
    seems likely they'll be announced tomorrow night so.

the gig will probably be streamed live too: https://www.foofighters.com/in-flight-entertainment/

FB_IMG_1487877253085.thumb.jpg.cad388ab52e16ed2e985173a47ca51c4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

That's how you announce you're playing a festival. Show up and play a free show.

confirmed as Saturday headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Fairly naff performance it has to be said

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Naff?! What?! They're doing what they always do.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Saturday eh? So Ed on the Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Penfailed wrote: »
    Naff?! What?! They're doing what they always do.

Is it what they do now? Admittedly last live performance I saw by them was the live at 606 must have gone well downhill since then so.

They're a fairly naff band to be honest.

The BBC put this up on their website on Friday, then removed it and said it was a mistake and the info didn't come from glasto HQ. Make of that what you will. I think it all but confirms Ed which most people knew anyway. Id be amazed if Green Day were playing though, can't see them wanting to play second fiddle to anyone else and we already have our 3 headliners.

IMG_3890.PNG.6772aba8f56ba6bd705ed3651d70a6b8.PNG

yet another example of the worst kept Glasto secret of recent years!

https://twitter.com/muldoon/status/837460238450180097

• Advertisement

It's been a dreadful year for leaked headliners... all 3 headliners have been pretty much nailed down since last October.

Advertisement