Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Someone on efestivals actually predicted the headliners back in June. Got the order right and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Still a lot of intrigue over who the subs and other stage headliners are going to be.

Hoping nobody decent clashes with Radiohead on Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I'd say it'll be Green Day on The Other Stage on Sunday if they are playing at all. I'd eat my post-Glasto undies if Sheeran isn't confirmed for Sunday. They are not going to put Green Day in in parallel with Radiohead or Foo Fighters. Any other time and they would do the Pyramid but they are not gonna have three rock acts on the Pyramid and, like kanye west - say what you like about him, he's certainly big and popular enough to headline the Pyramid.
    Now I wanna see the rest of the stages..... Come onnnnn The National.......

Basq wrote: »
    It's been a dreadful year for leaked headliners... all 3 headliners have been pretty much nailed down since last October.

Well, to be fair. as soon as Foo Fighters pulled out and it was then confirmed that 2017 was NOT gonna be a fallow year as intended, you pretty much knew they were gonna play. And THAT was on Sunday :) Ed Sheeran was always on the horizon and the timing of the album made it a no-brainer. My only surprise really was Radiohead: Please please PLEASE don't come out and say "These are from our NEXT three albums. SSShhhhhhh. Be quiet and listen".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I'd say it'll be Green Day on The Other Stage on Sunday

i can't see any way Green Day wouldn't be on the Pyramid stage.

they sold out emirates in 2013. http://www.nme.com/news/music/green-day-61-1252860

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'd say it'll be Green Day on The Other Stage on Sunday

they sold out emirates in 2013. http://www.nme.com/news/music/green-day-61-1252860
    Depends if you consider playing 2nd from top on the Pyramid to be more prestigious than top of the bill on the Other.

Don't think Green Day need the extra profile that the Pyramid would give their career at this stage.

Well, yeah. I know what you mean. Any other year and they would headline Pyramid but my thinking was if they are playing Glasto then they have two choices:
    Play before Headline on Pyramid
    Headline The Other Stage

Again, that's assuming they are playing Glasto. Wonder would the fact that they would not be headlining Pyramid put them off? Dunno. (Again, assuming Ed Sheeran is headlining Sunday)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Well, yeah. I know what you mean. Any other year and they would headline Pyramid but my thinking was if they are playing Glasto then they have two choices:
    Play before Headline on Pyramid
    Headline The Other Stage

Again, that's assuming they are playing Glasto. Wonder would the fact that they would not be headlining Pyramid put them off? Dunno. (Again, assuming Ed Sheeran is headlining Sunday)
    mid-late 00s they could have, they're not big/popular enough to headline the Pyramid these days.

They seem a bit too big to headline the Other stage or sub the Pyramid stage.

I can't see them on the bill, especially when there are other names been thrown around who are of a similar stature.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Head's up for anyone thinking of getting the ferry over but haven't booked yet, Stena Line are doing €2 ticket special for Paddy's Day.

Only running until the 18th and applies to foot passengers only but it's worth getting on and having a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,911 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Only 10 spaces available per sailing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

It's official....Ed's closing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    It's official....Ed's closing

Wow, that's bad. Having been, generally the best stuff is on the other stages, or the things you don't plan on seeing and just happen upon.

Watching the egg at 3 am near the rabbit hole on the last night was far far better than watching kasabian on the main stage for me (friends loved kasabian)

But that's awful. That's V festival levels of awful. It's the biggest load of MoR tripe soft rock safe music you could imagine. He seems like a thoroughly nice guy, but isn't a headline act.

I happened to be at main stage having some food when he was there in 2014 and i fell asleep. He has zero presence. It's all so clichéd and rehearsed. Eugh, it's bad. Radiohead are genuinely one of the most important bands of all time, and then this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it's not bad at all. probably the 2nd biggest act in the world at the moment, behind Adele. one of the biggest headliners the festival has ever had. sold out 3 nights at Wembley stadium which few other acts could do. he'll have easily the biggest crowd of the weekend.
    major coup from Glastonbury to get him for his first festival headline spot.

by contrast, Radiohead will definitely have the smallest. that's a safe booking if ever i've seen one, up there with predictable bookings of Coldplay, Muse and Arctic Monkeys.
    and I say that as someone who will be up the front for Radiohead and nowhere near the Pyramid stage when Ed is on.

^ this 100%

Also, it's nice to see a guy go from playing the Croissant Neuf tent to closing the festival within 6 years.

I just hope the other stage headliners go in my favour and I don't get the worst possible clash on the Friday night.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Chic have self confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

What else do you need your hands for? :pac: I kind of like having a can or drink in my hand 24/7 at festivals. It is cheap though. I'd consider bringing it but after the effort of hauling all my stuff between buses and planes and then half way across the festival to a camp site last year I'm really gonna try and keep weight to a minimum this year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It certainly saves a lot of weight for carrying around quantities of cider. Would have a barrel at the campervan which we then load up the Camelbaks with each morning. You still need to keep stocked up with alcohol from the bars as well, but being able to quench your thirst in between trips to the bars without needing to get up from your prime spot of grass is well worth it.

MadYaker wrote: »
    What else do you need your hands for? :pac:
    edward-40-hands.jpg

• Advertisement

Anyone else starting to get a bit excited now? 3 months and we'll be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anyone else starting to get a bit excited now? 3 months and we'll be there!

Big time!! Starting to get the festival butterflies big time now. The EP line-up announcement today is just adding to It :)

Can't help but look back and see all this complaining about headliners... and then I see the EP lineup, and realise how lucky we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Basq wrote: »
    Can't help but look back and see all this complaining about headliners... and then I see the EP lineup, and realise how lucky we are.

Wut! With Ed Sheerin Mhahahahahahaha. Naw you've still got Radiohead and Foo Fighters though.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Hope that means ATCQ (and a few others) are more likely to turns up at Glastonbury after the EP announcement.

Run the Jewels announced last night that they'll be playing.

Wut! With Ed Sheerin Mhahahahahahaha. Naw you've still got Radiohead and Foo Fighters though.
    I'll take 3 Ed Sheeran's over 1988's favourite headliner Duran Duran! :D

There is some very solid acts at EP but the majority and the headliners are nothing to get excited about IMO.

Anyways, Glasto first lineup next week..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I see on efestivals that there is supposed to be an announcement at 7 pm, is that correct?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

I hope so!! There has been a lot of rumours and fake announcements today so a real announcement would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Efeschts trolling.

• Advertisement

C8Jah4RUIAAHedS.jpg

Advertisement