Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Last year was the first time that I needed to make use of the resale since I started going. Managed to get a ticket OK and keep the streak going.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Beans_On wrote: »
    Has anybody here ever had any luck before in the re sale? Realisticly it's a massive long shot I presume!
    3 years ago got through on the resale right away at 9am no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's hard to know if you've more or less of a chance. But I'd say the odds are slimmer. Considering how hard they are to get very few people return tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Any specific tips? I'm relying on the resale tonight/Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

s.welstead wrote: »

For the coach sale, Taunton is close to the festival site and tends to sell a bit slower than Bristol so might be worth a shot at trying for.

In general, have reg numbers and postcodes open in a word doc to copy paste, avoids typos slowing you down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

s.welstead wrote: »

Best of luck ! fingers crossed for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

No luck, try again on Sunday. Finally got through to coach selection page and then all routes were gone by the time I checked through

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

stesaurus wrote: »
    No luck, try again on Sunday. Finally got through to coach selection page and then all routes were gone by the time I checked through

Same as so disappointed

Do gets crossed for Sunday best of luck to you

avalonposter_april172-1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Kiefer Sutherland?! ^^^ What's he doing?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

and busted as well ? Strange selection.

looks like Aine Cahill is palying in the sugar club tonight if you'd like to check her out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Penfailed wrote: »
    Kiefer Sutherland?! ^^^ What's he doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

This year's line up has a smell of ****e off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

If they don't countdown his show like this I'm just gonna burn the place down :)

That's a joke, Jack. Please don't kill my kids

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Wooderson wrote: »
    This year's line up has a smell of ****e off it.
    Amazing clash-tastic sh*te!

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Amazing clash-tastic sh*te!

Maybe the worst Other/Holts headliner line ups ever. Pyramid is great if it's your first visit to the farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Oh Jesus, that's awful!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Wooderson wrote: »
    Maybe the worst Other/Holts headliner line ups ever. Pyramid is great if it's your first visit to the farm.
    How condescending....

It's hard to objectively judge a line up but I'd find it just as hard to say that it's a bad line-up so far.

Who's your other/west holt headliners that you're clearly not keen on?

I'm already worried about clashes and the line up is nowhere near complete.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    How condescending....

It's hard to objectively judge a line up but I'd find it just as hard to say that it's a bad line-up so far.

Who's your other/west holt headliners that you're clearly not keen on?

I'm already worried about clashes and the line up is nowhere near complete.

Soz chief, didn't mean to rag on the place. One from six is a bad return for me this year however.

MajLaz/AltJ/BoysBetter

ATCQ/Jacksons/Chic

I have little to no interest in the other stage headliners too but rarely there's more than one I'd be happy with seeing.

A lot of acts who could be headlining that stage appear to be subbing the pyramid which works for me.

I'm assuming Justice will be headlining west holts on Sunday with Chic on the pyramid.

That's a quality line up as always as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Anyone lucky enough to get tickets in the resale

A bunch of us tried for my housemate but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

got through and got 2 for friends, already had mine from october. page kept crashing but had 4 tabs open that all got in so luckily 1 brought me all the way to confirmation.

It felt waaaay worse than the normal sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

4 of us tried for a pal who missed out in October..none of us even got onto the confirm page

18119490_10154318573800964_7553895526318192977_n.png?oh=b0f1f673905abe138eedfeaeee4d3080&oe=599031E6

Mike Skinner, Bicep, Ben UFO, Seth Troxler, Jackmaster, King Kong Company, not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

bicep LIVE! Get the fcuk in

2017v1map.png

The new map is out. Looks identical to me though?

Edit: nevermind, that Cinermageddon area is new. Sounds cool.

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/8203-glastonbury-festival-new-cineramageddon-area-by-julian-temple-and-the-creator-of-the-unfairground/story-30144293-detail/story.html#QeyIyw7sGxctZ33s.99
    Michael and Emily Eavis have revealed more details about Cineramageddon – the new area coming to Glastonbury Festival in 2017.

The new area, to the west of the Park Stage, is the brainchild of artist Sam Haggerty - overseen by Joe Rush, founder of the Mutoid Waste Company - and film director Julian Temple.

The new area will be somewhere between an art installation and a drive-in movie theatre.

Festivalgoers will sit inside 100 classic American and Cuban cars and watch movies projected onto a massive outdoor screen while sound comes from Bluetooth speakers in each car.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I like that there isn't any family campervan area marked on the map. Leaves me a bit of hope that it will be just the normal free for all and the fact that I'll have a toddler in the back of the van they will let me into the same area as the rest of our group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

some other announcements not posted:

Shangri-La:
    SL2017_lineupFINAL953.png

The Glade:
    Glade-Stage-Complete-SOCIAL.jpg

Lovebullets-Complete-SOCIAL.jpg

Glade-lounge-Complete-SOCIAL-1.jpg

Spike-Complete-SOCIAL.jpg

Spaceport-Complete-SOCIAL.jpg

Kidzfield: