Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

This is my first Glastonbury and honestly my mind is blown simply trying to read all the names on those line ups. I've read so many times that you can't imagine the scale of the place until you actually experience it and some that say you could go 10 years in a row and still not see everything. I can't wait. Not long now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

ryaner777 wrote: »
    This is my first Glastonbury and honestly my mind is blown simply trying to read all the names on those line ups. I've read so many times that you can't imagine the scale of the place until you actually experience it and some that say you could go 10 years in a row and still not see everything. I can't wait. Not long now !!

My first time too and i feel the very same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

When does the full line up poster come out?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dmm82 wrote: »

My first time too and i feel the very same!!
    My 11th time this year and I feel the very same!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

When does the full line up poster come out?
    there's a big poster with all the acts on the bigger stages and a few selected acts from a few of the other areas probably end of May-ish.

the full lineup is far too big to put on a poster, so they usually just announce it all along with the times around the end of May/start of June.

here is the big poster from last year:
    http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2016/?poster

and here is the full lineup with thousands of acts not on the poster:
    http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2016/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The geographical scale is easy enough to get your head around once you're there. There's 100 ish different stages and lots of different areas but you can walk from one end to the other in an hour or so if you really wanted too. You won't be able to see each area properly on your first visit. Last year I didn't really see the circus and theatre areas or the healing fields etc but I got around most of the sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Elrow @ glastonbury....should be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

the more i go through the main lineup... there's some awful muck! is it me or is British music on a serious downswing? i listen to way more US music versus UK music than i did back in the day. and loads of grime acts at glasto which i'm really not a fan of, US rap way ahead

The Dead Kennedys added to the Shangri La poster :pac: 22:30 on saturday. Unmissibale imo, they'll clash with Alt J who I did want to see but I won't be seeing them anymore.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've been going since '95 and whilst the size of the site and number of stages and other entertainments has also increased in that time, there are still things which have been around for years that I've yet to discover.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/GlastoFest/status/867727269028143104

probable XX/Anderson Paak and The National/Solange clashes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Confirmation of Justice closing the festival for me. Happy with that.

Wonder if Dizzee Rascal was a late headliner replacement for ATCQ. He appears to be bumped up the pecking order. Not too bothered as I was always going to be at Radiohead anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

That Saturday line up is seriously stacked.

I can see a lot of clashing over the three days, tough decisions to be made once the full stage times are released.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So where is the full line up poster?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,912 ✭✭✭✭Basq

So where is the full line up poster?
    Early next week methinks.

Last year was May 31st.. and we've still Theatre & Circus to go before it.

They can't squeeze many more names onto the poster. Should be next week anyway.

I've been a bit let down by the lineups in the dance areas. The Glade is very solid and there are a few good names on the Block9 lineup too but The Common and Arcadia lineups were sh!te imo. The brits love their drum n bass and I don't mind a bit of it but it was everywhere last year and this year looks set to be the same or worse. Lots of other EDM esque sh!te too like Patrick Topping who has a load of sets spread over the 5 days and then very little techno which is sad but that's the way it goes I suppose.

Trying to pick up plastic bottles of alcohol on my travels and can't find any. Am I stuck with emptying bottles into a water bottle? Anyone pick up alcohol on route to the festival? If so where is best.

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    Trying to pick up plastic bottles of alcohol on my travels and can't find any. Am I stuck with emptying bottles into a water bottle? Anyone pick up alcohol on route to the festival? If so where is best.
    Depends. Where are you coming from, how are you getting there etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

The Nal wrote:

Driving over with a pal..sail to fishguard and drive down

• Advertisement

No real shockers this year that weren't on initial poster... bar The National only having a 45 minute block subbing Foo's (this has changed to an hour since thankfully).

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    The Nal wrote:

Driving over with a pal..sail to fishguard and drive down
    Depends on the type of alcohol but yeah empty into plastic bottles. I'd buy the booze in Sainsburys maybe in that case. They're quite cheap.
    But depends on what booze you're bringing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If you are flying then you can get plastic bottles of spirits in the airport.

Tried that in Dublin last year and they didn't have any.

Clashfinder has been updated, probably a few little mistakes and things, but should be tweaked over the next few hours/days:

remember to click Show hidden stages at the top if looking on a computer, most are hidden by default, especially ones open on Wednesday/Thursday, should be listings on Wednesday for about 25 stages, 50 stages on Thursday, then the whole lot on Friday/Saturday/Sunday...

http://clashfinder.com/s/g2017/

MadYaker wrote: »
    Tried that in Dublin last year and they didn't have any.

They are not as easy to find in their fancy new layout in the terminal where they try to distract you with shiny/ smelly things at every turn, but they were still there when I flew through Dublin around this time last year just may have been hidden on a bottom shelf in a corner where they really don't want you to buy from.

Ill have better look this year. We had no time last year and had to go straight to the gate so I just asked some girl but she was clueless so I left it.

The lineup is fairly clashtastic as usual. Flaming Lips and Radiohead, London Grammar and Moderat, The xx and Lorde. I'm sure I'll find some more when I get a chance to examine the lineup properly this evening.

Saturday night is a mare..

Phoenix, Foo's, Alt-J, Father John Misty and Joe Goddard! :eek:

Liam Gallagher is on the updated main stages poster, but not on the full lineup. probably one of the TBA slots on the Other Stage on Saturday or the John Peel stage on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

He has since been removed but it's looking likely he's one of the TBAs but won't be announced because of R&L having exclusivity.

With Noel around on the Friday there are rumblings that they'll do a few songs together but that sounds like bollox to me.

Advertisement