Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,382 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

In order of musts to likely...

Radiohead, Katy Perry, The National, Chic, Gibb, Run the Jewels, The XX, First Aid Kit, Laura Marling.

Will probably try see a few minutes of Foo Fighter's and Ed out of curiosity too.

That's more than my previous two trips combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I think KP has got to be seen especially considering she's on before The National.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

that National vs. Avalanches/Solange clash is a killer.
    will see The National and probably try catch the last half of Solange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

The Final countdown

Have you anything left to do this week before setting off ?

I'm flying into Birmingham on Tuesday so I've purchased a lot of my gear online and got it delivered to stores in Birmingham to pick up on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I haven't done anything. I know where all my stuff is and there's nothing else I need to buy so it's just a matter of getting it all together and stuffing it into my rucksack which I will do at the weekend. Flying to Bristol on tuesday, getting excited now!

They just released the full poster today with a few interesting additions. Liam Gallagher playing The Other stage on Saturday and Jonny Depp introdcing films in the Cinermageddon area.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/liam-gallagher-johnny-depp-and-nasa-astronaut-mike-massimino-added-to-glastonbury-2017-bill/

• Advertisement

Just updated my clash finder. hadn't had many serious clashes so far but Liam now clashing with toots and the maytals. Was at the Liam Gallagher gig at the weekend and it was excellent so he's a must for me. I'll catch toots at beatyard later in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

We get the ferry next tuesday night so my plan is so have everything ready and the camper packed up by this weekend. Starting to feel very real now. I still can't believe im actually going!!

dmm82 wrote: »
    We get the ferry next tuesday night so my plan is so have everything ready and the camper packed up by this weekend. Starting to feel very real now. I still can't believe im actually going!!

Me neither, It's my first and I can't wait.

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Me neither, It's my first and I can't wait.

Ours too!! 6 of us heading over :)

Hey if anyone is getting the 20.40 ferry from Dublin to Holyhead next Tuesday night and fancies a pre-glastonbury meet up let me know :)

• Advertisement

We fly out Tuesday morning.

Is there any amazing generous soul going by ferry that could take some alcohol over for me ? I'd get it to you before you travel.

I'll make it really worth your while and can pick them up from you at the festival ????

Could be a nightmare to find the person who has all your alcohol depending on what carpark they end up in. If you're getting a bus you get dropped at gate A. People driving can end up at any gate depending on where the police direct them. I'm not sure if it'll be much easier than just carrying your own drink in, which I'll admit was a massive struggle last year but hopefully there'll be less mud this time around.

yeah, Loads of things that could go wrong ! I'll see what I can carry and then it'll be the bars for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

We're on the 08:45 ferry from Rosslare to Pembroke next Tuesday morning so will hopefully arrive at Glastonbury around 6pm that evening (with a few stops on route).

Have a quick 36 hour trip to London this weekend to see The Stone Roses at Wembley!!

Waiting on tickets to arrive so that I can really get excited - got the dispatch email last Thursday afternoon and Royal Mail tracking says it has been passed to the postal services in EIRE but An Post Tracking isn't showing the package at the moment so hopefully it will update this evening and tickets will arrive tomorrow/Wednesday!:D:D:D

Is there any amazing generous soul going by ferry that could take some alcohol over for me ? I'd get it to you before you travel.

I'll make it really worth your while and can pick them up from you at the festival ????

We would have no problem doing it but yeh i think the logistics of it all might end up being more hassle for you, we're not even in the actual campervan site, we're in a carpark thing outside the festival so not even sure how far of a walk its gonna be. Could be a nightmare even for us to have to get to it

I'm planning a last minute dash up to Belfast tomorrow to catch them ! Good look with the tickets, Do you have to sign for them with an post ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

yeah, Loads of things that could go wrong ! I'll see what I can carry and then it'll be the bars for me.

Carry lightweight alcohol in plastic bottles such as spirits. Also, remember that you guys are gaining on the exchange rate this year seeing as the UK has spent the last year trying to destroy itself with politics so your Euros are worth far more than before. Bar prices on site are not as daft as they would be at other festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Why not just buy your own booze UK side?

The Nal wrote: »
    Why not just buy your own booze UK side?

Thats the plan, but as we've a coach package it was just an idea to try and save on weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I'm planning a last minute dash up to Belfast tomorrow to catch them ! Good look with the tickets, Do you have to sign for them with an post ?

Yeah, I will need to sign for them. Won't be able to relax until I have the envelope in hand.

Enjoy the Roses tomorrow night!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Finally got our tickets! Soo excited now!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Bag is packed....on the 6:10 ferry from rosslare

How much is this costing ye roughly all in? Tickets and all. I'm doing the maths now (probably a bad idea) and I reckon I wont have much change out of ?900, and that's a fairly conservative estimate. You don't notice because you don't have to pay for everything all at once but it's bloody expensive. **** it, it's worth it. :pac:

MadYaker wrote: »
    How much is this costing ye roughly all in? Tickets and all. I'm doing the maths now (probably a bad idea) and I reckon I wont have much change out of ?900, and that's a fairly conservative estimate. You don't notice because you don't have to pay for everything all at once but it's bloody expensive. **** it, it's worth it. :pac:

Yeh i would reckon around the same!! How much spending money are people bringing? Im treating it as a holiday so hoping to have €100 a day. Hoping i wont spend it all though. Bringing as much food and drink as we can. Have to factor in diesel costs over and back too though.

It's our summer holiday as well so will budget for about ?100 each per day. On the coach so won't be able to carry a lot with me. Hopefully won't need to spend it all.

As expensive as it is the exchange rate is certainly a massive help at the moment.

I'm going to do up some calculations now to see the total cost before spending money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

You don't actually spend that much money as you can bring your drink in with you. You might treat yourself to a couple of pints of the different ciders etc a day and buy some of the lovely grub available.
    I think I was only only spending 30 - 40 pound a day!

Yeh i would reckon around the same!! How much spending money are people bringing? Im treating it as a holiday so hoping to have €100 a day. Hoping i wont spend it all though. Bringing as much food and drink as we can. Have to factor in diesel costs over and back too though.
    fill up with diesel before you go, diesel over there is more expensive than here.

fill up with diesel before you go, diesel over there is more expensive than here.

Yep we will. Cant believe I'll be there this time next week. Heading to Arcade Fire tonight so that'll be a nice little warm up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, I don't know about fuel costs but, apart from that you won't spend near that much there. Especially if you bring as much food/booze as you can.
    Bring some food if you can and all the booze you want but it would be a shame to miss out on some of the amazing food available there. There is everything from top quality vegan (I believe) to full pig-roasting-on-a-spit-over-over-an-outside-fire.

I fly over and usually spend Wednesday or Monday in a hotel in Bristol to clean up after or purchase stuff locally before. Overall I typically spend about 700-800 each year.

Advertisement