Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

You'll struggle to spend 100 a day unless you're buying all your drink from the bars or you absolutely love cocaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Ha cheers folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

3 of us heading over on the ferry next Tuesday morning. Total cost for all of us so far:

Return Ferry: €420

Campervan Rental: €1,250 (collect Monday 19th and return Tuesday 27th)

Tickets €952 (including campervan pass and postage fees etc)

Total: €2,622

So it's working out at €874 per person. Obviously, we have a food and drink shop to do before we head off along with diesel costs and spending money at the festival.

Worth every cent!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

MadYaker wrote: »
    You'll struggle to spend 100 a day unless you're buying all your drink from the bars or you absolutely love cocaine.

I probably managed close to that in the Rum Shack place near the Rabbit Hole one year. My tent was a good 30-40 minute walk away and they were happy to serve til 7 am.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

My last minute festival purchases I picked up today consisted of bubble mixture and fairy wings for the toddler. Oh how times have changed.

Not even sure if I'll be taking along more than a minimal amount of my own alcohol. Don't need any extra weight to be carting around the site as well as the kid in a trolley so will probably just stick to refreshments from the nearest bars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,382 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Costs for me so far are:

Ticket: £250
    Worthy View: £290 / 2 = £145
    Coach Ticket = £70
    Random Camping Sh@te = £100
    Daily Budget = £70 x 4 = £280

Total = ~£750

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

fill up with diesel before you go, diesel over there is more expensive than here.

Saved me a bit of research this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Done up the calculations last night and it's working out close to €650/?700 each for us to get in the gate and get set up

This includes flights inc bags, hotels,bus,entrance tickets, boots, tent, general camping supplies, battery pack & some clothing inducing rain gear

Most of this stuff will be around for years to come so won't have to buy it again.

Have budgeted ?200 a day for the pair of us as we'll be buying drink at the bars. It's our summer holiday so have been putting money a side for it all year. Can't wait now. It feels so close

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

ticket - €275
    Worthy View - €170
    Ferry - €120
    Diesel - €35
    Booze and food (buying en route) - about €100
    Spending money there: about €250

Total: €945

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Ticket with coach 295
    Return bus to dub airport 30
    Return Flight to Bristol 85
    tent and chair (10e onsite) 40
    Booze and food 100
    Spending money 100

All total 650euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

What camping area are people heading for ? I'm arriving Wednesday afternoon approx 4pm

I'd rather somewhere a little quieter so am thinking Michael's mead or if it's open at that time the back house

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

ryaner777 wrote: »
    What camping area are people heading for ? I'm arriving Wednesday afternoon approx 4pm

I'd rather somewhere a little quieter so am thinking Michael's mead or if it's open at that time the back house

Same as yourself , I usually just look for the first space on a hilly area as the bag is too heavy

ryaner777 wrote: »

Rivermead! I camped there last year, probably will this year. Its good, close to Gate A so you dont't have to walk to far with all your crap. There's food, water, toilets, and lock ups really nearby and it's pretty chill and quiet. 10 mins to the other stage and 15 to pyramid. Only disadvantages are that it's right beside Silver Hayes dance area so if you're looking an early night you'll need earplugs, also it's a looooooong trek back from the south east corner at 7 in the morning when you haven't slept for 18 hours but I managed it last year.

I think Michael's Mead tends to fill quickly due to it's proximity to the pyramid stage and it's also on a steep hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I think Michael's Mead tends to fill quickly due to it's proximity to the pyramid stage and it's also on a steep hill.

The HORROR!

---

There hasn't been a tap done this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pjf2013

My first time going so the buzz is pretty mega, don't think I have ever being this excited about a festival.

Got lots of info of where to camp off mates who have been before but still no idea of how long the walk into it is??? Trying to figure out which Gate to head too at minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

pjf2013 wrote: »
    My first time going so the buzz is pretty mega, don't think I have ever being this excited about a festival.

Got lots of info of where to camp off mates who have been before but still no idea of how long the walk into it is??? Trying to figure out which Gate to head too at minute.

Are you working there?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Are you working there?

No thankfully not pal...feels like work at the minute trying to get **** ready and the thoughts of the queueing on the way in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

pjf2013 wrote: »

The Gate you enter will depend on how you are getting there. The Coaches drop of at A. B is mostly for locals, C is for Campervans, D for cars. Everything is far.. further with a bag and booze when you are coming in. You'll generally be rewarded with less walk during the festival if you walk more for your camping on the way in.

Toast wrote: »
    The Gate you enter will depend on how you are getting there. The Coaches drop of at A. B is mostly for locals, C is for Campervans, D for cars. Everything is far.. further with a bag and booze when you are coming in. You'll generally be rewarded with less walk during the festival if you walk more for your camping on the way in.

Cheers for the help. We're flying into Bristol Tuesday evening and a mate of ours who lives about 20 mins away from the festival site is collecting us. She seems to think if she gets village passes & head in gate B we will have a lesser walk but I'm not too sure myself. if that happens we'll prob have to settle for Kidney Mead but hoping to be closed to the SE corner

The plan is head in around 5/6 am Wednesday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

If I had a choice this year I'd be going for B. It gets the least traffic so it should be the smallest queue. Walking around the festival is a lot harder than walking through it though so just go with the closest gate to where you are not where you'll camp. The roads are narrow and hilly all around and not fun to walk at all. Don't trust routes you see on maps as lots of roads are closed or restricted. Village passes will help a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Weather is looking good.. let the count down commence!! 3 days ....

:)

Bag packed, weather forecast looking good and only one day left at work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Bag packed, weather forecast looking good and only one day left at work!

Insanely jellus. If you can keep us posted when you're there.

I'll do my best! Internet was very unreliable last year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,912 ✭✭✭✭Basq

466x218.png

Gonna be tropic!

Wednesday and Thursday are definitely looking like scorchers anyway! Bit more unpredictable after that. Won't be half as bad as last year at the very least. Getting very excited now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

on the plus side, at least it will still be pretty warm if there are showers later in the week, so should still be alright with shorts and tshirt and a rainjacket thrown over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,382 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

eeeek

May everyone's Glastonbury be low on sun burn & rain yet full of delight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

F*ckit. After last year, as long as it's reasonably dry I don't give a toss.... Well, to be honest, I don't give a toss either way, can't wait. Heading over to Bristol tomorrow evening and getting the 6AM bus from Bristol on Thursday. Mate going today and getting booze/food etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

F*ckit. After last year, as long as it's reasonably dry I don't give a toss.... Well, to be honest, I don't give a toss either way, can't wait. Heading over to Bristol tomorrow evening and getting the 6AM bus from Bristol on Thursday. Mate going today and getting booze/food etc

Yeah on the 8am sailing from Rosslare ourselves. Off work now till Thursday week. Fooken buzzing

Advertisement