Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

One day left in work!! My stomach is starting to do backflips. Can't believe it's finally here!! Anyone else on the half 8 ferry to holyhead tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm flying out tomorrow morning early. Got a hostel in Bristol for tomorrow night and then getting a bus to the festival at half 7 on Wednesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

People who got coach packages, what's the deal with return coach? I was sure it was a two-way ticket in previous years, but it specifies single way on my email this year. How are ye approaching getting off site?

Book another with National Express. That's what I've done my ticket is the same as yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

did anyone get one of those cool and dark tents? https://www.decathlon.ie/2-seconds-fresh-ampblack-3-person-camping-tent-en-s142651.html

do they work any bit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Here we fookin go.....

Can't contain my excitement. Off to the airport now to catch my flight to Birmingham. Bus from Birmingham around midday. There is a return bus Monday morning at nine included in our see tickets package. A lot of talk online of people getting the coach down and then returning home with friends so I'd say there'll be lots of space on the Monday buses.

Didn't have the confidence to buy one of those fancy new tents earlier in the year. Never did I think we'd be looking at the weather we seem to have at the minute. That could all change around by the weekend but hopefully it stays as it is.

Stay safe everyone and enjoy it. I've plan to try keep a little daily diary and post when I get home but that might be forgotten about after a few ciders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Safe travels everyone!!

We've just arrived in Rosslare for the 8.45am sailing.

Lovely little queue of campervans building here already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Oh god i dont know how I'm going to concentrate in work today! 12 hours until im on my ferry!! Camper is packed up and ready to go!

Hope everyone has a brilliant time, you never know, some of us might bump into eachother over there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

24hrs for me! after last year's slog I was happy enough with getting the Wednesday morning ferry and getting there in the afternoon this year, but now i'm jealous of everyone being there in the morning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

at the same time, I wouldn't fancy a morning queue in this heat, 2015 was low 20s on Wednesday morning IIRC and was tough with all the gear.
    bring a hat and water!

IMG_0132.JPG.e5ed827205d6b801fd921ef54eb0ee6e.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Having been in all kinds of weather conditions it is always great but man does proper sunshine make it that extra bit special. So jealous reading about all of you heading off, have an amazing weekend.

I'm in Bristol now and it's hot, properly hot. Tomorrow is going to be tough if the queues are diabolical. **** it though I don't care. I'm going that's all that matters. It can't be worse than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

did anyone get one of those cool and dark tents? https://www.decathlon.ie/2-seconds-fresh-ampblack-3-person-camping-tent-en-s142651.html

do they work any bit?

Was in Decathlon Belfast and seen them, ended up going for this though, I hope they work ;-)

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/Product.aspx?ProdId=407253&path=product&source=googleshopping&gclid=cjiqrozhwnqcfulcmgodtkmguw&gclsrc=ds

Arrived at CV West at 7.15pm.

28c, clear blue skies and ground is rock hard.

First field here is just about full so second field will be opening shortly.

Traffic via M5/A39 and A361 was moving all the time.

Great atmosphere here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Arrived at CV West at 7.15pm.

28c, clear blue skies and ground is rock hard.

First field here is just about full so second field will be opening shortly.

Traffic via M5/A39 and A361 was moving all the time.

Great atmosphere here.

Insanely jellus but keep us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

So jealous.
    I'm looking at the webcam feeling down. Will keep and eye on efestivals, twitter and BBC.

Enjoy the week everyone!

These Quechua fresh and black tents do work. I'm sheltering from the heat in my tent now. It's outrageously warm todat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

MadYaker wrote: »
    These drag and black do work. I'm sheltering from the heat in my tent now. It's outrageously warm todat

"I am in Glastonbury and it is too hot"

Fcuk right off. This is the last place you are going to get sympathy. Enjoy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

from keeping an eye on the webcam over the last few weeks the place looks stunning this morning, enjoy folks. Some day I'll make it to Worthy Farm.

Yesterday was too hot. There's **** all shelter at this festival too. Today is much more reasonable, cloudy and temperatures in mid teens.

• Advertisement

Just back at CV West. Summary as follows;

1 about 24c and dry today with sun and cloud. Cloud was very much appreciated after yesterday's heat.

2. Spent early afternoon at Beat Hotel and then onto Williams Green for The Smyth's at 5pm it was absolutely jammed. Crackling atmosphere.

3. Spent this evening at Block 9, Shangri-la and The Park. Unbelievable crowd.

4. Ground is absolutely rock hard.

5. Security is stirct but fair. Detailed bag searxh at CV West gates but friendly and efficient.

6. Big irish crowd on site this year.

7. Massive sound checks on Pyramid this afternoon with Learn to Fly being belted out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

What time does overage start on BBC TV? Are The XX on TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Royal blood smashing it

Get a vpn and you can watch the streams on the BBC Glastonbury site.

Highlights start at 8 on BBC 2. There's other coverage in BBC 4.
    Radiohead are on BBC 2 at 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

20.00 according to tv guide on the beeb. Break at 8 then back at 22.00 where it will be playing right through until 1.30 on BBC 2. What time is The XX on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Get a vpn and you can watch the streams on the BBC Glastonbury site.

Highlights start at 8 on BBC 2. There's other coverage in BBC 4.
    Radiohead are on BBC 2 at 10pm

BBC RB 1 on a freeview box should have it running on a loop.

The xx are on now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    The xx are on now

Looks pretty good.

EDIT: Orbital cover!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Looks pretty good.

EDIT: Orbital cover!

Link to stream?

• Advertisement