Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I don't get the love for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 4Leinster

I thought daydreaming would not be a track to start Glastonbury with but that was even better than the version in the 3 Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Lovin the bass in "Ful Stop"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

brevity wrote: »
    I like Radiohead; couldn't commit to being a huge fan but there is no doubting how talented they are.

Amazing musicians but post Kid A they do nothing for me personally.

Oh to be transported back to the RDS in 97 when "Airbag" was played, I was jumping around like mad thing, where does the time go??

• Advertisement

You got to really listen to a moon shaped pool. They'll be listening to it in 100 years time. Slow burner but absolute classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Radiohead impressive so far.

Royal Blood were epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Radiohead are a huge bad and it would be inconceivable for them to play anywhere else other than the Pyramid, however they'd be much better suited to a smaller stage. I was at the gig in Dublin on Tuesday night and it was one of the first things I thought of. I'm enjoying this Glasto set so far and I expect their big tunes will get a huge response, but the crowd is simply too casual for a lot of their recent material.

Paleblood wrote: »
    Radiohead are a huge bad and it would be inconceivable for them to play anywhere else other than the Pyramid, however they'd be much better suited to a smaller stage. I was at the gig in Dublin on Tuesday night and it was one of the first things I thought of. I'm enjoying this Glasto set so far and I expect their big tunes will get a huge response, but the crowd is simply too casual for a lot of their recent material.

Good post, song choice can play a huge difference, I was at the gig on Tuesday night and loved it, but I must admit I thought the show in Malahide was better, I know it was around the time "In Rainbows" came out, but the overall set list was better.

Strong and stable end to myxomatosis. Classic!

• Advertisement

Have you listened to each album through? That's not a smart arse question. I just feel that a lot of people dismiss the recent albums without really engaging with them. For example, The Kings of Limbs and A Moon Shaped Pool are very, very different albums, and yet people right them off as just two more Radiohead albums. There's a lot to them, but of course personal taste is everything and I have massive respect for anyone that gives and album a chance and then decides it's just not for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Have you listened to each album through? That's not a smart arse question. I just feel that a lot of people dismiss the recent albums without really engaging with them. For example, The Kings of Limbs and A Moon Shaped Pool are very, very different albums, and yet people right them off as just two more Radiohead albums. There's a lot to them, but of course personal taste is everything and I have massive respect for anyone that gives and album a chance and then decides it's just not for them.

To be perfectly honest, no. I have kind of listened to them in passing or while in someone elses company as background noise. After watching this performance I will give everything another proper listen!

Totally agree. Large section of the crowd on Tuesday only reacted to pre kid a stuff. I don't really think that stuff is really what the band are into right now and it shows. They have to play some crowd pleasers I suppose.

I might add that in rainbows is a 10 with hail to the thief not far behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Huz is now extra sad that they didn't play Pyramid Song in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

They have the crowd in the palm of they're hands

To be perfectly honest, no. I have kind of listened to them in passing or while in someone elses company as background noise. After watching this performance I will give everything another proper listen!

It really is worth your time. There's a lot of it that is fundamentally different from their earlier work, but then other parts follow on quite nicely from Kid A.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Everything in its right - god so good. I'm hanging on every note of this set. Mostly in part that o didn't get to the dublin gig, but they are killing it tonight

Murrisk wrote: »
    Huz is now extra sad that they didn't play Pyramid Song in Dublin.

It ended the first encore on Tuesday and it was better than that version. Think Thom sounds a little ropey tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Even more raging now I couldn't make Dublin gig this week. Goddam sunburn.

They're playing a stormer

Overall, I'm preferring Dublin's setlist so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭trashcan

Everything in its right - god so good. I'm hanging on every note of this set. Mostly in part that o didn't get to the dublin gig, but they are killing it tonight

They are boring the backside off me to be honest. I liked The Bends and some of the stuff on Ok Computer but anything I've heard from them since leaves me cold I must say. Just sounds like self indulgent jamming to me.

Arggghhhh, "Weird Fishes", Thom why did you not play this on Tuesday?????

4Leinster wrote: »
    It ended the first encore on Tuesday and it was better than that version.

Pyramid Song wasn't played on Tuesday night. :confused: I was there but if you are in doubt, here's the setlist:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2017/3arena-dublin-ireland-73e496f5.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

trashcan wrote: »
    They are boring the backside off me to be honest. I liked The Bends and some of the stuff on Ok Computer but anything I've heard from them since leaves me cold I must say. Just sounds like self indulgent jamming to me.

Go see them live and you will appreciate the effort it takes to recreate a recorded song almost perfectly.

No disrespect, but if you haven't gone past ok computer then you will probably be bored as it takes some time to get through their other 7 albums.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Royal Blood should have headlined over Radiohead.

Let me dream

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭trashcan

Go see them live and you will appreciate the effort it takes to recreate a recorded song almost perfectly.

No disrespect, but if you haven't gone past ok computer then you will probably be bored as it takes some time to get through their other 7 albums.

Not doubting their musicianship for a moment. I just preferred them when they wrote songs with tunes - hey, call me shallow :P

Tinie wrote: »
    Royal Blood should have headlined over Radiohead.

Let me dream

".........................and now you're back in the room" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

dull as dishwasher , all well and good if your a fan , stick them on a small stage somewhere and play the most obscure tracks off the unrelased album but id be raging if i was there and looking a buzz.
    Thats a main act on a Friday night at 11pm?

Murrisk wrote: »
    Pyramid Song wasn't played on Tuesday night. :confused: I was there but if you are in doubt, here's the setlist:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2017/3arena-dublin-ireland-73e496f5.html

You're right- I was there too but I must have wanted to hear it so much I thought I actually had!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Liked a couple of their old songs but overall a bit boring and self indulgent.

Advertisement