Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

4Leinster wrote: »
    You're right- I was there too but I must have wanted to hear it so much I thought I actually had!

I understand, a few of my buds were very disappointed that it wasn't included.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

First saw them live in the Olympia in 96, saw them a bunch of times live after that but haven't seen them since Blackpool in 2006. A lot of this performance is just leaving me cold.

Thought Royal Blood were amazing earlier though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Have to admit I think us gig goers on the Tuesday night got a better performance than this............so far!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

There There.....amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 4Leinster

Have to admit I think us gig goers on the Tuesday night got a better performance than this............so far!!!!!

I agree. Seen them about 10 times and thom's voice was never better than the other night. 2+2 was the highlight. Although wish they had played weird fishes and there there like they did tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Tried my best to get into it but had to switch off. Seem better suited to a more intimate venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

trashcan wrote: »
    Not doubting their musicianship for a moment. I just preferred them when they wrote songs with tunes - hey, call me shallow :P

:confused: There's plenty of melody in their stuff after Kid A

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AnthonyCny

Royal blood red button

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Great set from Radiohead so far, I thought it would be more OK Computer based but they've mixed it up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I initially thought that Radiohead were a strange choice to headline on Friday. But they have ****ing owned it

• Advertisement

Definitely upped it in the last couple of songs, that's for sure....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Nude - beautiful tune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Great thing about them is how they vary the set list so much and so effectively. Great seeing this and Tuesday in one week, covering most of their best with both!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

The contrast with tomorrow night's headliners is very stark. Enjoying it but the lack of any semblance of interaction with the audience is off putting for me. Used to love Kid A and Insomniac back in the day. Must listen to the newer stuff again.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

The contrast with tomorrow night's headliners is very stark. Enjoying it but the lack of any semblance of interaction with the audience is off putting for me. Used to love Kid A and Insomniac back in the day. Must listen to the newer stuff again.

Agree it doesn't look like much craic to be at.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Think it's an excellent set.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think they've been great and Glastonbury is perfect for them.

I always get the I,pressie the crowd there just love music and appreciate whatever is thrown at them.

Listen I'm a big rock fan but not everything has to be crowd interaction and fist pumping.

I also don't agree it's more suited to a smaller venue. I'm only looking in from the outside but it looks to me like they have the crowd in the palm of their hand and everyone is with them and the "vibe" of the night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    dull as dishwasher , all well and good if your a fan , stick them on a small stage somewhere and play the most obscure tracks off the unrelased album but id be raging if i was there and looking a buzz.
    Thats a main act on a Friday night at 11pm?

Yup. That's 5 of the finest musicians you're ever likely to see on stage.

The constant changing of tempo, time signatures, keys, the light show, the songs....

Plus the crowd are eating it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

radonicus wrote: »
    Think it's an excellent set.

I'd have to agree. The crowd look like they are having a great time and the band seem to be really enjoying it, Thom in particular.

Seen them 3 times live and this is comparably excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Loving Radiohead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

If you like Amnesiac I'd be shocked if you didn't love Hail To The Thief and In Rainbows. Both are far more accessible and fun.

King of limbs is my least fav(with amnesiac) but Moon Shaped Pool is wonderful.

They played to a crowd of 60,000 in Berlin too last year and had everyone's attention for 2.5 hours. Small venue nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Nah I can't agree with you on this chief, the crowd are lapping it up. The songs are flowing into each other now too, they're not stopping to wheel out a piano, change guitars etc.

If people want crowd interaction, they'll have Ed Sheeran and his loop pedal on Sunday. Probably a lot of celebrity special guests and 2 hours of absolute dross.

Weepsie wrote: »
    If people want crowd interaction, they'll have Ed Sheeran and his loop pedal on Sunday. Probably a lot of celebrity special guests and 2 hours of absolute dross.

Take a bow son, take a bow :D:D:D

Take a bow son, take a bow :D:D:D

I had the misfortune of seeing him at Glastonbury 3 years ago. Not by choice, but we were at that stage and a bit hungover. Properly awful. Nice guy and all, but his music is just brutal.

Played off the stage by Dolly Parton or Kenny Rogers (not sure which year it was).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Enjoying it but the lack of any semblance of interaction with the audience is off putting for me.

I think Thom's bants with the crowd have been hilarious tonight. He's such a weirdo. :P

Weepsie wrote: »
    I had the misfortune of seeing him at Glastonbury 3 years ago. Not by choice, but we were at that stage and a bit hungover. Properly awful. Nice guy and all, but his music is just brutal.

Played off the stage by Dolly Parton or Kenny Rogers (not sure which year it was).

Jesus that sounds like pure torture, look he's making money and fair play to him, but his music should be used for rendition purposes its that bad.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Fairly flowing now. Not a knob twisting in sight ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

The crowd seemed to enjoy it.

Advertisement