Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Murrisk wrote: »
    I think Thom's bants with the crowd have been hilarious tonight. He's such a weirdo. :P

I was just thinking that, a wonderfully weird genius with the voice of an angel.

(Apologies, the red wine is increasing my man love for Mr. Yorke as the night progresses)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

AHH the song best known for the viral video of the baby dancing to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

This is one of the great sets. Pulling out all the best songs. Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Get the karaoke machine out now!!!!!

ARE YIZ HAPPY NOW LADZ DEY PLEYD KREEP

• Advertisement

Get the karaoke machine out now!!!!!

Just next?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AnthonyCny

longshanks wrote: »
    Nah I can't agree with you on this chief, the crowd are lapping it up. The songs are flowing into each other now too, they're not stopping to wheel out a piano, change guitars etc.

It's flowing because if your watching on BBC it's not live. It's delayed and they cut out all the wheeling pianos etc out.

AnthonyCny wrote:
    It's flowing because if your watching on BBC it's not live. It's delayed and they cut out all the wheeling pianos etc out.

Plenty of gaps during the transmission earlier in the set.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 4Leinster

Well they certainly gave ok computer a good run out tonight. Overall a great set - if there was any omissions I'd say reckoner (great live) and dark decks (best album track on msp)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Forgettable headliner I have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Mark Radcliffe :rolleyes:

That was really really excellent, as good as I have ever seen. I am always of the opinion Karma Police is one of their weakest tracks but it is a crowd favorite and probably a good choice to finish with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Paranoid Android is like the third in the all time trilogy of Rock Operas, Stairway and Bohemian Rhapsody being 1 and 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Who's that on stage now, good jaysus.....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Once again, what a wonderful weirdo Thom is. :D His waving at the end there. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Sleaford Mods on the Red Button

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

beardo81 wrote: »
    I am always of the opinion Karma Police is one of their weakest tracks but it is a crowd favorite and probably a good choice to finish with.

Are ya mad? That intro is heavenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Oh my, just so beautiful. Loved the setlist and the structure of it, loved the performances from every member of the band, loved the staging and the atmosphere if Glastonbury, loved the crowd, loved it all. Great gig, would've loved it even more to have been there.

Who's that on stage now, good jaysus.....:eek:

Dua Lipa and Major lazer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Jaysus what a come down from Radiohead here on BBC2. Pity we've no red button :(

• Advertisement

Would have loved to have heard Burn the Witch. Love that song.

Murrisk wrote: »
    Are ya mad? That intro is heavenly.

Just one track that never stuck with me, I could never understand it's popularity, obviously my own poor taste!

How To Disappear was a much better finale choice during the week but of course more location oriented!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Jaysus what a come down from Radiohead here on BBC2. Pity we've no red button :(

Utter ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Blossoms and Royal Blood were absolutely brilliant!

Can't say the same for Radiohead, seemed to be alot of excited fans around where I was standing but the first 10 to 15 songs seem to draw a blank with most of the crowd. There was alot of people starting to move on elsewhere in by the time street spirit was played. Maybe this wasnt picked up by the TV cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Escalated quickly from Thom to an obscene amount of arse cheek.

Isn't Jo Whiley gorgeous ;)

Royal Blood were definitely the high point of day one that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭brevity

Still Ill wrote: »
    Mark Radcliffe :rolleyes:

What did he do?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Royal Blood are not fit to lace the boots of Radiohead. They're alright, in that they're doing something slightly different but at the end of the day it's just a bit of a rock throw back.

They're loud and whatnot, but the songs themselves have liittle to nothing to them.

What followed was 2.5 hours of finely crafted songs, in which each element is carefully considered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Weepsie wrote: »
    Royal Blood are not fit to lace the boots of Radiohead. They're alright, in that they're doing something slightly different but at the end of the day it's just a bit of a rock throw back.

They're loud and whatnot, but the songs themselves have liittle to nothing to them.

What followed was 2.5 hours of finely crafted songs, in which each element is carefully considered.

What utter condescending tripe.

Advertisement