Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Are you assigned a gate to drive in and / or a campsite ?

Do you pick which one you'll use when buying your ticket ?

Or do you just decide on the day which would be best for you ?

Thanks for all the help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

ryaner777 wrote: »

Thanks for all the help

Your route to the site determines your carpark. How early you get on site/how far you're prepared to hike determines the campsites available.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Does anyone usually get the ferry over ?
    Going to try for tickets for the 1st time this year and am trying to work out the best way of traveling.

Thinking of ferry to holyhead on the tuesday, drive down to Glastonbury town ( stock up beers and supplies on the way ) 5 hours

Stay in the town that evening and then head up to the festival on Wednesday

Leave festival on monday and catch the evening ferry home.

I've booked a b&b in the town for the Tuesday( €100 )

Ferry is looking like it'll be about €180 each inc the car.

Second question

If you fly and get a coach would you be seriously limited on the amount of beer you could physically bring in with you ?

Flying to Bristol and getting a coach is definitely cheaper plus you don't have to drive all the way back to Ireland on Monday after a 5 day bender. Flying doesn't effect the amount of booze you can bring since you'll be picking up your booze on the way anyway. I wouldn't recommend trying to bring 5 days worth of booze in with you on day 1. It's a bloody long walk from the car parks to the campsites, what I did last year was bring enough for 2 days then on Friday got the bus to Glastonbury town and got more, easy enough trip.

The only way id drive is if I had a campervan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

No, plan is to register this evening. Does it affect you chances of getting tickets how and when you register ?

No don't think so but to be able to purchase your tickets you'll need the ref number and postcode with you.. You'll get a confirmation email once u register everything u need will be in here.

robinph wrote: »
    You will get caught in traffic on the Wednesday in getting to Glastonbury town. The traffic should in theory be a bit less of an issue on the Thursday, but you will need to be getting from the west of the site over to your entrance on the east of the site. For that you'll either be stuck in the queue of traffic trying to get in the west, drive through Pilton which they may not allow you to do and then be stuck in the queue of traffic to get into the east of the site. Or you'll have to find a creative back roads route between Glastonbury and Shepton Mallet that doesn't use the A361 so that you can at least avoid the queues on the west side.

Thanks a million for this!! Much appreciated!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the help

Once u choose ur camping etc you find out where the nearest gate is via the Glastonbury map etc , then pick ur car park from there.

So registration is sorted and got the confirmation email today.

Going to try for the coach ticket next Thursday and then fly into Bristol.

If that doesn't work out then it'll be fingers crossed for the normal ticket on the sunday and drive from holyhead.

If I fly I will book camplight.co.uk for a pre- set up tent and mattress. saves buying one and carrying it over.

Anyone else looking at the coach ticket option or taken one in the past ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So registration is sorted and got the confirmation email today.

Going to try for the coach ticket next Thursday and then fly into Bristol.

If that doesn't work out then it'll be fingers crossed for the normal ticket on the sunday and drive from holyhead.

If I fly I will book camplight.co.uk for a pre- set up tent and mattress. saves buying one and carrying it over.

Anyone else looking at the coach ticket option or taken one in the past ?

I've done the coach from Bristol past two years. Normally a breeze but this year was unprecedented and took about 6-7 hours but not the worst compared to other peoples nightmares.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I've done the coach from Bristol past two years. Normally a breeze but this year was unprecedented and took about 6-7 hours but not the worst compared to other peoples nightmares.

Did you get coach tickets in the initial offering last year of did you get your tickets in the normal sale ?

ryaner777 wrote:
    Did you get coach tickets in the initial offering last year of did you get your tickets in the normal sale ?

Coach tickets in the Thursday sale. Bristol and London are handy cos you can pick your time but you have to be quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

I've got the coach from Taunton before which is a reasonably handy option if you cant get Bristol, its under an hour on the coach to the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

This will be my first Glastonbury hopefully . Is there packages u can buy that gives u a ticket , coach pass and some kind of fancy camping or do u just book accomadation separately if u don't fancy bringing a tent over

This will be my first Glastonbury hopefully . Is there packages u can buy that gives u a ticket , coach pass and some kind of fancy camping or do u just book accomadation separately if u don't fancy bringing a tent over

My first one too so I've been doing a lot of research.

Coach and ticket packages are available on Thursday.

There is also expensive packages that include accommodation and ticket but not the coach. A poster gave details of this a few pages back.

There is also the option of taking a private coach eg national express

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there is accommodation options like Camplight and Worthy View which you can book separately. they don't include the ticket, any of the ticket+accom packages i've seen are very expensive (and unofficial too).

Camplight set up a tent for you in the Pennards Hill campsite, and that's about it, no other special amenities AFAIK. handy if you want to keep costs down and don't want to bring a tent over with you (although having just looked at their prices, 10 per person per night is probably more expensive than paying for an extra bag on a plane).
    http://www.camplight.co.uk/events-booking/

Worthy View is the official "boutique" camping, similar to Pink Moon etc. at Electric Picnic. nearly 10% of people now stay here. pre-set up tents/yurts/tipis etc. and showers, better toilets, food stalls and a bar, and a separate car park a few mins walk from the campsite.
    it's just outside the fence, but you get a special Easy-Pass-Out wristband so going in and out is pretty simple. it's up a hill which might be an issue for people with mobility problems, but it's perfectly manageable for most people.
    they went onsale at the end of October last year.
    http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/tent-types-and-prices/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

nearly 10% of people now stay here.

Really?

I'd seriously question wherever you got that stat from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

read it somewhere after this year's festival.
    it was 10,000 in 2014 anyway, which would have been 7.5% of attendees.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone trying the coach sale on Thursday? I think I will. I'm kinda freaking out about not getting tickets! If I don't I'll probably volunteer with oxfam or something.

Ticket day nerves are seriously creeping in. Getting the fear!!!!

MadYaker wrote:
    Anyone trying the coach sale on Thursday? I think I will. I'm kinda freaking out about not getting tickets! If I don't I'll probably volunteer with oxfam or something.

Snap. Posted at the same time. Lol

How much they charging extra for a coach package thing over just getting a ticket on its own ?

• Advertisement

How much they charging extra for a coach package thing over just getting a ticket on its own ?

Depends on which part of the country you are travelling and single or return. From Bristol I think it was around £35 ish return.

Just seen this while reading about the festival online

Where can I buy the coach and ticket packages?

The coach and ticket packages will be available via glastonbury.seetickets.com

UK buyers may use either a UK registered debit card or UK registered credit card to pay. International buyers must use a credit card (with a non-UK billing address).

Read more at http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/glastonbury-2017-want-tickets-four-days-ahead-of-everyone-else-try-the-coach/story-29775747-detail/story.html#vrpHpeH52moSwYd0.99

Has anyone had a problem booking from ireland using a visa debit ?

I also have access to a revolut card so hopefully this works

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Not sure if either of them will work. I'm pretty sure the visa debit won't and I've seen issues with prepaid credit/debit cards. Haven't seen anyone try Revolut but it's failed for me on a couple of things because it's prepaid

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've not tried if from Ireland for a few years, but it certainly didn't work with Irish debit cards back then. Must be a credit card if the first name on the order is a non-UK resident.

I've got a lend of a friends card to use in case revolut won't work.

I've also contacted revolut to see if they can tell me if their cards appear as credit or debit cards.

I checked the 2016 thread and a few posters were trying the same, I've PM'd them to see how they got on.

If I get an update from them I'll post it here

Revolut have said they are officially a debit card but the payment processor sometimes processes them as credit cards.

So to give it a try and see if it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Revolut have said they are officially a debit card but the payment processor sometimes processes them as credit cards.

So to give it a try and see if it works

You could be wasting precious time trying one card just to see if it works? I'd just use your friends card first time if I was you, why risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Newbie hoping to secure tickets for the first time this year.
    Problem is don't know whether to go for coach tickets or general admission and drive over. There will be four of us including children aged 10 and 8. Any advice??
    Contemplated staying in a hotel in Bristol and travelling to the festival each morning and back to the hotel each night. Has anybody done this?? Is it even possible?? Is there late night buses back to Bristol after each day of the festival?? Distinct lack of information out there, any advice and tips greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Layne wrote: »
    Newbie hoping to secure tickets for the first time this year.
    Problem is don't know whether to go for coach tickets or general admission and drive over. There will be four of us including children aged 10 and 8. Any advice??
    Contemplated staying in a hotel in Bristol and travelling to the festival each morning and back to the hotel each night. Has anybody done this?? Is it even possible?? Is there late night buses back to Bristol after each day of the festival?? Distinct lack of information out there, any advice and tips greatly appreciated.

Travelling to and from the festival to Brizzle daily with kids is insanity. I'd drive over with tent and stay in Cockmill if I was you. You'll have a blast as will the kids.

• Advertisement

When does everyone generally head over n back ? Fly to Bristol Thursday morn or better to go Wednesday night ?

Advertisement