Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,688 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

bennyl10 wrote: »
    One of the best bands still touring atm,
    The foos live show is an absolute tour de force.

Radiohead were damn damn good, but that set was unbelievable!

as I said don't get it - loved Nirvana , love the Queens , - TBH the Saturday and Sunday lineup has left me pretty flat - Friday was what rocked my boat all round..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

That was thoroughly entertaining, don't care what anyone says..... Long live Rock and Roll!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Ally Dick wrote: »
    No "Rope". Ah well. "Everlong" is so over long...and over rated

The ked

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It's not a case of "either/or" for Radiohead and Foo Fighters.... as the meme says.. why not both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

No point comparing Foos and Radiohead. FWIW I preferred last night, but variety is the spice of life and talk about a fantastic 2 headline shows!

Weird that they cancelled the 3rd night this year but those 2 make up for it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Alt J on now, I like them but for me it seems like everything else from the weekend will pale in comparison to what we seen from the Foos just now..

Open to suggestions for some other great sets to check out from the event :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cazale wrote: »
    Pete Moss wrote:
    I'd have trust issues with anyone who says they didn't find any of this performance entertaining or doesn't enjoy a single Foo's song. Those type of people enjoy drinking orange juice after they've brushed their teeth.

For me I think Grohl as a frontman and the bands live performances are greater than some of their songs at times. Loved that gig but wouldn't be a fan of the albums as much. I don't brush my teeth.

This.

The live show is greater than the albums showcase them. Down to the energy Dave puts in a show, it's relentless and brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

The ked

Twice I've seen this. What is a ked?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭brevity

Similar to Radiohead last night, even if you don't particularly like their music, the talent shines through and that's something that has to be respected.

An excellent set.

Phoenix were brilliant on the John Peel stage as well.

Not a huge FF fan meself but their music is purpose built for this type of event. Thought the Radiohead performance was a case of shock and awe with a barrage of fancy lights but lacked substance.

to be fair Glastonbury was founded on alternative - hippy/punk bands - Hawkwind etc - not large scale American rock - perhaps that what I struggle with - as a festival it has gone downhill , musically for me - but there is much else to still love there.

• Advertisement

ianob7 wrote: »
    Alt J on now, I like them but for me it seems like everything else from the weekend will pale in comparison to what we seen from the Foos just now..
    Open to suggestions for some other great sets to check out from the event 

Check out Stormzy's set on the web. I wouldn't call myself a fan but I was very impressed by the energy and the crowd were going mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

Got "big me" at slane two years ago much better gig *gets coat. On TV looked class anyone there care to report? tomorrow afternoon obv, for those who haven't been, die or go to glasto just once.

thebaz wrote: »
    to be fair Glastonbury was founded on alternative - hippy/punk bands - Hawkwind etc - not large scale American rock - perhaps that what I struggle with - as a festival it has gone downhill , musically for me - but there is much else to still love there.

I'd say Glasto's more recent headliners are more of a reflection on the current music scene rather than the festival itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

Home for the weekend.

By chance... I had my Foo fighters t shirt from the olympia gig 17 years ago in the bag. Just put it on absolutely buzzing from that set.

Tom Walker is pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Times like This pisses all over Everlong.

The Ked. Ha Ha. I guess you say it fast.

I'd say Glasto's more recent headliners are more of a reflection on the current music scene rather than the festival itself.

and thats probably what I have a problem with - I'm still old school - a dying breed

STB. wrote: »
    Times like This pisses all over Everlong.

The Ked. Ha Ha. I guess you say it fast.

Nothing.. and I mean "nothing" beats Everlong.

Now let's move on...

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Regardless of The Who's, the hows and the music know it alls, everyone is a music connoisseur. Not a foo follower but that was 6 individuals delivering pure passion, special moment and amazingly entertaining, CLASS act, fearless

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

ianob7 wrote: »

Open to suggestions for some other great sets to check out from the event :)

The Amazons were pretty good. Think they were on the Peel stage and there was a band I never heard of that were pretty interesting. Keir I think they were called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

everlast75 wrote: »
    It's not a case of "either/or" for Radiohead and Foo Fighters.... as the meme says.. why not both?

Yep, I thought both were brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

thebaz wrote: »

Glastonbury was never punk. They hated it and Reading became the antidote to it's perceived bloat in the late 80s and early 90's by championing the punk/indie/grunge bands. Radiohead would have been more at home on a Reading stage up until 1995 or so.

Liking Warpaint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I'd pay large amounts of money to see a Foo Fighter show where they played half the show as a Queen tribute, with Taylor out front. Fantastic version of Under Pressure!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

This phoenix set looks good already

Glastonbury was never punk. They hated it and Reading became the antidote to it's perceived bloat in the late 80s and early 90's by championing the punk/indie/grunge bands. Radiohead would have been more at home on a Reading stage up until 1995 or so.

think the terms have become blurred - Glasnbury was always an alternative festival - what constitutes punk and hippy have become merged a bit - Hawkwind and some hippy bands set the way for punk - Rotten loved Hawkwind - its an attitude to me. Anyway said my piece - goodnight - will watch the roundup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Impressive beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,738 ✭✭✭✭klose

Didn't they play under pressure at slane in 2015 too? They definitely played jailbreak that night too, Jesus watching that gig brought back memories of a couple of years back gotta see the foos again soon!

I'd pay large amounts of money to see a Foo Fighter show where they played half the show as a Queen tribute, with Taylor out front. Fantastic version of Under Pressure!

Had to listen again!

• Advertisement

He's putting the glass in Glastonbury*

*sorry not sorry

Advertisement