Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

klose wrote: »
    Didn't they play under pressure at slane in 2015 too? They definitely played jailbreak that night too, Jesus watching that gig brought back memories of a couple of years back gotta see the foos again soon!

Didn't they open with Jailbreak?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Impressive beard.

This shiit with the glass is rotten

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

thebaz wrote: »
    Glasnbury was always an alternative festival

Not by the late 80's. It had a shocking image problem at the time and was verging on irrelevance. By 1991 Reading was the summer music festival to go to if you were in your teens or early twenties. Glasto was for mum and dad's generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Lisha wrote: »

Let's go and check out Stormzy while yer man in front of us bleeds to death :pac:

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Let's go and check out Stormzy while yer man in front of us bleeds to death :pac:

I'm assuming the trick 'failed' if he could stand up from the glass on camera!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I'm about 15 mins behind on BBC2, Phoenix just over, some dude from NI with a beard doing something to his budy, reluctant to switch over as the temptation to rewind back to the beginning of Foos is mighty, am I missing anything on any other BBCs?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Not a Foo Fighters fan, I barely recognised any of the songs tonight and they all seem a bit samey to me tbh. But from a performance point of view that's how you keep a crowd entertained for a couple of hours. It was fast, loud and relentless and the crowd were loving every minute of it.

Personally I'm a Radiohead fan, but I could do without quite so much of the electronic bleeps and weird disjointed rhythms, although having seen them a bunch of times the songs do take on a different life when played live compared to the album versions. And I don't care if it's unfashionable now at this stage, but Creep is still my favourite Radiohead song and it was great to hear it live again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,688 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Not by the late 80's. It had a shocking image problem at the time and was verging on irrelevance. By 1991 Reading was the summer music festival to go to if you were in your teens or early twenties. Glasto was for mum and dad's generation.

were ther not a lot of the new age travellers going ? I know thats how it founded - that particular era is a bit of a blur to me - was at an early punk Reading festival (epic) - sadly thats a bit of blur to me too - I was too young

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

qz wrote: »
    I'm about 15 mins behind on BBC2, Phoenix just over, some dude from NI with a beard doing something to his budy, reluctant to switch over as the temptation to rewind back to the beginning of Foos is mighty, am I missing anything on any other BBCs?

Just some Cuban elevator music on at present tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Lisha wrote: »

What did he do?

• Advertisement

Who is this Stormsy penis he is awful

Suas11 wrote: »
    What did he do?

Lie down on a load of broken glass, asked the presenter to stand in his belly and not a mark on him . You could hear the glass moving but nothing pierced him

everlast75 wrote: »
    Just some Cuban elevator music on at present tbh

Aaaaaand now it has come on in my 10/15 min delayed living room. Thank you sir. Rewind it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,007 ✭✭✭✭JRant

qz wrote: »
    Who is this Stormsy penis he is awful

"Shut up"

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

The Jackson "5" eh?

Is poppa Joe offstage waiting to beat them if they mess up a number?

Is poppa Joe offstage waiting to beat them if they mess up a number?

If there's any justice he's 6 ft under...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Zaph wrote: »
    Not a Foo Fighters fan, I barely recognised any of the songs tonight

Same as but I am now! Brilliant gig, watched Radiohead after as I had it taped, missus hated it,so that spoilt it a bit, but I enjoyed most of it, 2 different but excellent gigs.
    I did like this though
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103893335&postcount=2303

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Devastated my Eirbox thing didnt record the Foo's from last night :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Catching up on yesterday here. Jesus foo fighters were great.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

My god how good were the foo fighters. Performance of the weekend by far.

I think the crowd interaction stuff with Grohl went on way too long. But that's probably his way of letting the other lads, especially the drummer, to have a wee breather between the songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Killers playing a secret set in John Peel tent @ 5.30 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

whatever76 wrote: »
    Killers playing a secret set in John Peel tent @ 5.30 ...

Not that "secret" then !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Ha true - but it was only just officially announced the last hour or so ! John Peel tent going to be bursting !!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Why did Grohl feel the need to tell the crowd that he cursed more times then Adele?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 28,479 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why are BBC showing people perform one song in their own studio rather than show the actual festival?

Not showing Barry Gibb live is strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why are BBC showing people perform one song in their own studio rather than show the actual festival?

Not showing Barry Gibb live is strange.

Not every artist allows their set to be broadcast live. Some won't allow any coverage, or will want veto over it in case the mix was poor or they had a bad set.

g

• Registered Users Posts: 28,479 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

godfrey wrote: »
    Not every artist allows their set to be broadcast live. Some won't allow any coverage, or will want veto over it in case the mix was poor or they had a bad set.

g

I wonder why would Barry Gibb stop this?

EIther way, show something else from the festival not people in the studio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Watching Liam Gallagher now. His new stuff is very good and the Oasis classics are great to hear again live.

Advertisement