Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

The Killers were deadly.

Biffy on BBC 4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Emeli sande hair makes her look like Tina Turner in Mad Max

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Emeli Sande is awful live. Totally not my kind of music fair enough, but I don't mind most of her singles. But to me this is woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

murpho999 wrote: »
    I wonder why would Barry Gibb stop this?

It was on live on iplayer. Its still available there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Emeli Sande is awful live. Totally not my kind of music fair enough, but I don't mind most of her singles. But to me this is woeful.

Its bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

She's terrible. Sounds completely out of tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Cazale wrote: »
    Its bad.

Very bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Sounds totally out of tune.

This is like bad XFactor.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Any recommendations for tonight? Thinking Justice as not really into Sheeran and Boy better know doesn't sound like my thing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

BBC just showed a clip of the front row at Emile Sande. I'm nearly sure a bloke said "this is crap" to his missus :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

The main stage gets worse every year. Coldplay, Adele and now Ed Sheeran.

Pretty much as bland as it gets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I have a feeling a lot of naysayers and glastonbury "purists" will eat their words tonight after Ed Sheeran performs, whether they'll admit it or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,478 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Tinie wrote: »
    I have a feeling a lot of naysayers and glastonbury "purists" will eat their words tonight after Ed Sheeran performs, whether they'll admit it or not...

Not for me.

No doubt he's talented but just don't like his stuff.

The likes of Galway Girl is just as cheesy as you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Had stream problems on Moderat so clicked on London Grammar on John Peel stage randomly to see if the problem went away.

Blown away by them, great stuff, the lead singer's vocals are amazing. Soaring vocals a bit like Florence and the Machine.

Never heard of them before, mind you I am beyond out of touch at this stage.

Love when you stumble onto something amazing at Glastonbury. Same happened with me with Todd Terje in 2015.

Just finishing up now but worth a gawk if ye are looking for something.

Will check out Justice now, should be fairly banging.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

This is like bad XFactor.

So like Xfactor then?

After every year of watching this on tv I think I'd have to go but I just don't think I can cope with the scale of it. Like the trip from the campsite on a Monday morning of electric picnic to the car park is tough enough!!! I see it's not on next year so 2019 maybe!

tinpib wrote: »
    Had stream problems on Moderat so clicked on London Grammar on John Peel stage randomly to see if the problem went away.

Blown away by them, great stuff, the lead singer's vocals are amazing. Soaring vocals a bit like Florence and the Machine.

Never heard of them before, mind you I am beyond out of touch at this stage.

Love when you stumble onto something amazing at Glastonbury. Same happened with me with Todd Terje in 2015.

Just finishing up now but worth a gawk if ye are looking for something.

Will check out Justice now, should be fairly banging.

The last time they played at electric picnic I went to see them grudgenly as had no interest, her voice is incredible. I was blown away. Would deffo recommend them for anyone going to ep this year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Not me. He's a talented lad but his music couldn't be more bland. As someone on boards so eloquently put it "he's for the housewife who buys 2 cd's a year".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭brevity

adrian522 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for tonight? Thinking Justice as not really into Sheeran and Boy better know doesn't sound like my thing either.

Metronomy are playing at the John Peel stage. I'll be flicking between them and Justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ed looks a bit nervous haha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ed sucks. Wheres the ****ing umph gone from glasto ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not my kinda thing at all at all.

Would want the main act of a Glasto type even to be a rock band, plain and simple

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭brevity

Not my cup of tea at all but to be fair its only him and his guitar, very daunting I'd say.

The fact that the crowd are into it is surprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Lament for real rock and roll

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

callaway92 wrote: »
    Not my kinda thing at all at all.

Would want the main act of a Glasto type even to be a rock band, plain and simple

I agree, he's fairly bland but would have a draw from the younger crowd. Probably should have swapped him with Biffy, they would have closed the weekend in style.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Well I'm not a fan and I'm watching. Can't help but think it's totally out of syncs with the rest of the festival. Two spectacular sets from the Friday and Saturday headliners and we are left with a glorified busker for the Sunday night.

Anyway the crowd seem to be enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭tommythecat

I don't know how he gets away with this one man band lark it's a farce. And the only musical instrument he plays is a tiny twangy guitar with no tone!! It boggles the mind!

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,478 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yikes the crowd looks a bit dead.

Appreciate that Ed Sheeran is talented and has dominated the radio / streams over the past few months but it's all a bit meh for a Sunday headliner @ Glastonbury.

Well his fans are not normally up this late and they have school tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The Killers Mr Brightside was absolutely rocking!! Crowd were insane. They said it was the maddest reaction it's ever gotten. Great stuff. What s band to have in a tent early evening :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Love how he records the music at the start of each tune.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement