Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

God he's crap. The people at work wouldn't believe me when I said I didn't know any of his songs recently but I don't listen to music radio so I honestly don't know any of them so I thought I'd tune in to see what the fuss is about. A headliner at Glastonbury ffs, he's just so bland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I don't know how he gets away with this one man band lark it's a farce. And the only musical instrument he plays is a tiny twangy guitar with no tone!! It boggles the mind!

I didnt think there was a quota of band members needed to headline Glasto :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭rtron

He's holding his own in fairness, hope a band joins him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭brevity

So long Ed, Justice just started.

rtron wrote: »
    He's holding his own in fairness, hope a band joins him though.

I dont think ive ever seen him have a band with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Was a poor start but he's getting going now

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Each to their own
    Not a fan but he is doing well
    People are knackered Sunday evening so he is a good fit for a chill out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Sheeran sinking like a rock in a pond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

I don't know how he gets away with this one man band lark it's a farce. And the only musical instrument he plays is a tiny twangy guitar with no tone!! It boggles the mind!

Lack of any decent music or rock stars anymore, bland pc metro sexuals these days

Tinie wrote: »
    I dont think ive ever seen him have a band with him.

He'll earn my respect if he carries through then.Think the guitar is out of tune now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Guitar needs tuning.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Ed is killing the crowd in a bad way. Sounds dead. Full of glo sticks and kids. Guitar almost sounds out of tune

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

brevity wrote: »
    So long Ed, Justice just started.

Ya very nice groovy, funky start. Will be rockin' I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Garzorico

BillyBobBS wrote: »

Not a fan of his at all but tuned in for 5 mins because of this thread. The whole crowd is singing the tune....to a man the crowd look as if they are loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭brevity

Mr.S wrote: »
    How do you watch that?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ec584f/live/cd84wh

And hola plugin for chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Posters here a bit harsh on him I think.....I'm not familiar with his music but he's not bad and the crowd are loving it! Actually he's playing a blinder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'm generally indifferent to Ed. Think he has some good pop songs on the radio, just too over exposed. Wasn't too bothered about him getting the slot given his massive popularity - and at least he is a real musician and singer songwriter. Disappointed so far though - the sound is bad and it's all just too small for this stage. all the bouncing around doesn't help when it's completely reliant on his voice. It's not so bad when he stands still at the mic.

BillyBobBS wrote: »

No he isnt. Crowd is loving it clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

Anyone with bbc and the Red button options click on Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes..
    Thats rock and roll..

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Much more inventive than Kanye's farce from two years ago. I'm not a fan of Ed, but at least there's a live/creative element to his one-man performance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ronnie drew and luke kelly must be turning in their graves to ed and his rape of irish music

I'm generally indifferent to Ed. Think he has some good pop songs on the radio, just too over exposed. Wasn't too bothered about him getting the slot given his massive popularity - and at least he is a real musician and singer songwriter. Disappointed so far though - the sound is bad and it's all just too small for this stage. all the bouncing around doesn't help when it's complety reliant on his voice. It's not so bad when he stands still at the mic.

Are you at the gig?

Metronomy just on John Peel Stage

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It's the lack of an oomph to it, it's not suiting the size of the occassion. It sounds weak! It could be 5 o clock on another stage and the crowd would be singing, nothing special to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

ricero wrote: »
    Ronnie drew and luke kelly must be turning in their graves to ed and his rape of irish music

What has he got to do with Irish music?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Much more inventive than Kanye's farce from two years ago. I'm not a fan of Ed, but at least there's a live/creative element to his one-man performance.

Kanye was a low point alright. An embarrassment.

ricero wrote: »

Ed Sheeran makes irish Music?...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Lack of any decent music or rock stars anymore, bland pc metro sexuals these days

Loads of great music still around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

rtron wrote: »
    Are you at the gig?

No just watching on BBC. Maybe it's their bad sound?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Tinie wrote: »
    Ed Sheeran makes irish Music?...

The farce that was "galway girl"

Advertisement