Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ed Sheran is a red headed Chris De Burgh, in 20 years everyone will just pretend they never liked him, and his daughter will be Miss World.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

ricero wrote: »
    The farce that was "galway girl"

It's Irish music because he says the word Galway in it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Had a feeling all the cringey wannabee music snobs would come out of the woodwork tonight to slate Ed Sheeran.

Give it a rest guys, the guy is super talented and appeals to the masses. Deserves his headline slot and makes good music compared to the amount of dross nowadays in the charts.

He appeals to the 30 and unders.

So enough of your moaning and enjoy the show gramps

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's Irish music because he says the word Galway in it?

All the diddly eye crap over it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ed Sheeran is the one Horseman of the Apocalypse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Had a feeling all the cringey wannabee music snobs would come out of the woodwork tonight to slate Ed Sheeran.

Give it a rest guys, the guy is super talented and appeals to the masses. Deserves his headline slot and makes good music compared to the amount of dross nowadays in the charts.

Hello Ed's Dad!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

People are entitled to their opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mushy wrote: »
    It's the lack of an oomph to it, it's not suiting the size of the occassion. It sounds weak! It could be 5 o clock on another stage and the crowd would be singing, nothing special to it.

That's just because you watched radiohead and or the Foo Fighters and were expecting more of the same.

Take this on its own merits.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

ricero wrote:
    Ronnie drew and luke kelly must be turning in their graves to ed and his rape of irish music

Jaysus, that's a bit OTT. You're making him out to be the musical equivalent of the black and tans.

Plenty of artists borrow trad melodies for songs, Springsteen's Segar Sessions has plenty of it for one example.

It's hardly like his entire set is based on ripping off trad.

I'm not a music snob, I actually like Coldplay and have gone to see them. This guy is talen... oh God he's rapping again, make it stop...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

The farce that was "galway girl"

Ha. You think that's Irish music because it has Galway in the lyrics?

You are taking the p1ss as usual I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Oh the irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Mushy wrote: »
    It's the lack of an oomph to it, it's not suiting the size of the occassion. It sounds weak! It could be 5 o clock on another stage and the crowd would be singing, nothing special to it.

That's just because you watched radiohead and or the Foo Fighters and were expecting more of the same.

Take this on its own merits.

Well I wasn't expecting the same, but this isn't special. He isn't bad per sé, he's just....grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Enjoying my alternate headliner from BBC4 earlier, killers killing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Bit like the original rudeboys this one.

I for one would be bored to tears at this gig, maybe if you know all his songs and can sing along it'd be fun but I can't see what this would do for people who don't know his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Tinie wrote: »
    I didnt think there was a quota of band members needed to headline Glasto :rolleyes:

Well if you are selling your songs with a full band on the radio and then come out and perform them on what amounts to a jumped up ukulele I think that's pretty bad form.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Kurt Cobain didnt die for this

Most of us have been posting throughout the weekend on it. Some people don't like him shocker!!

Oh Jaysus. Please don't sign Stevie ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭rtron

Did anyone see shaggy earlier singing "it wasn't me" it was terrible.
    He had about 12 people on stage non of them playing anything.He barely knew the word either. Actually it was hilarious 😀.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Ed knows his target audience and said target audience seems to be having a great time. It's like me going to a cricket game and complaining it's crap. I love sport, I don't like cricket.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ronnie drew and luke kelly must be turning in their graves to ed and his rape of irish music

It's folk pop not folk rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Kurt Cobaine didnt die for this

You can add Jeff Buckley to that as well...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Kurt Cobaine didnt die for this

No but Kurt Cobain did ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

You can add Jeff Buckley to that as well...........

And Cliff Richards.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

It's like me going to a cricket game and complaining it's crap. I love sport, I don't like cricket.

I love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Even David Beckham is looking Bored ..and he has the most boring voice in Engerland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

He shouldn't be on as head liner, stick him on earlier... I'd be bored to tears

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Kurt Cobain didnt die for this

If I watch anymore I may head into the garage with the shotgun myself...

• Advertisement

I don't like cricket.

I love it......ah!

Advertisement