Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

When does everyone generally head over n back ? Fly to Bristol Thursday morn or better to go Wednesday night ?

Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Wooderson wrote: »
    Travelling to and from the festival to Brizzle daily with kids is insanity. I'd drive over with tent and stay in Cockmill if I was you. You'll have a blast as will the kids.

Appreciate the advice. Didn't know how viable day trips would be eventhough Bristol is only 35kms or so from Pilton.
    I assume when you mentioned Cockmill you were referring to Cockmill Meadow family camping, great location though it probably fills up quickly. Realistically, when would you have to get there to secure a decent spot?? Also, where can you find out the coach timetable for the ticket and coach packages??

Layne wrote: »
    Appreciate the advice. Didn't know how viable day trips would be eventhough Bristol is only 35kms or so from Pilton.
    I assume when you mentioned Cockmill you were referring to Cockmill Meadow family camping, great location though it probably fills up quickly. Realistically, when would you have to get there to secure a decent spot?? Also, where can you find out the coach timetable for the ticket and coach packages??

It was full by 11am (ish) in June which scuppered our plans. Ended up in Wicket.

Cockmill is the 3rd/4th field to fill on Wednesday morning after Pennards/Row/Kidney. Worth it tho. That location is just fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Good luck today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Countdown is on !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Today the battle begins....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Roll on 6pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have a crew of 6 this year so resale is really not an option.

Roll on Sunday morning!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Got 14 in our group so far, but I think there are a few more joining the collective that I don't yet have the details for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I'm planning on going over with my wife and kids for this. I just want to do the Sat/Sun am I right that those tickets go on sale this Sunday ?

• Advertisement

I'm planning on going over with my wife and kids for this. I just want to do the Sat/Sun am I right that those tickets go on sale this Sunday ?
    Unless you're planning on taking a coach from Bristol or some other airport..

.. the tickets are on-sale on Sunday at 9am.

Well I've just realised I've made a balls of the registration I didn't know I would have to register the wife and kids in order to buy them tickets.

Well I've just realised I've made a balls of the registration I didn't know I would have to register the wife and kids in order to buy them tickets.
    Your only option is resale I'm afraid.. they'll open the registration window again in which you can then register them.

Basq wrote: »
    Your only option is resale I'm afraid.. they'll open the registration window again in which you can then register them.

Can't believe I made that mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Hey All,

The fun begins this evening. Haven't been since 2014 so really hoping the ticket gods shine down on me tonight/Sunday.

Just been getting my registration details from my emails. I have two valid registrations, once from 2011 (under my parents address) and another from 2014 (under my current address).

Ideally I want Standard tickets as I'd be hoping to take a campervan but I've been thinking of having a go at the Coach tickets tonight in order to improve my chances.

Given I have two separate registrations, could I potentially buy Coach tickets tonight with REG 1 and then potentially buy standard tickets Sunday with REG 2?

Obviously, if I was lucky enough to be able to do this, I wouldn't pay the deposit balance on the coach ticket next April and leave it be released to the resale while paying the balance on the standard ticket.

Can't believe I made that mistake.

Do you need to register the kids ? Are they under 13 ?

You could get your ticket on sunday and then hope your wife gets one in the resale ?

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Do you need to register the kids ? Are they under 13 ?

You could get your ticket on sunday and then hope your wife gets one in the resale ?

They are 13 and 2 so I would need a to register the eldest.

There is usually no comparison between getting to the details screen on the Thursday vs the Sunday. Night and Day.

Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Wooderson wrote: »
    There is usually no comparison between getting to the details screen on the Thursday vs the Sunday. Night and Day.

Best of luck to all.

As in, easier to get on Thursday?

Can I cancel the coach ticket if i go with a campervan in the end?

• Advertisement

s.welstead wrote: »
    Don't think so.. as you'll be given your Glastonbury ticket on the coach.

No. Only thing you could do there would be to cancel the coach ticket before April and then try in the resale. Which would be madness obviously.

As in, easier to get on Thursday?

Last year on Sunday i never even saw the details page. Every year i've gotten to this page on the Thurs coach sale date.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

As there are only 15000 coach tickets they're obviously going to sell out in a matter of minutes. Will it come up immediately when they sell out? The nerves are kicking in now!!

dmm82 wrote: »
    As there are only 15000 coach tickets they're obviously going to sell out in a matter of minutes. Will it come up immediately when they sell out? The nerves are kicking in now!!

Yeah pretty much. The locations and times will show not available quite quickly and will show its all sold out after a minute or two. Annoyingly, you can usually get in to choose your location and time after they've sold out only to be kicked out after putting in the card details.

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah pretty much. The locations and times will show not available quite quickly and will show its all sold out after a minute or two. Annoyingly, you can usually get in to choose your location and time after they've sold out only to be kicked out after putting in the card details.

Don't say that, you're just adding to the nerves now !

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

What happens if u get tickets but can't go come the time ?

Just read this on the Glastonbury FAQ
    Make sure you have all your registration details (including postcodes) ready

I've never gotten to the stage of entering details so is this UK only or do I need everybody in my groups' eircodes/post codes?

What happens if u get tickets but can't go come the time ?

You can get a refund.

I've never gotten to the stage of entering details so is this UK only or do I need everybody in my groups' eircodes/post codes?

All registrations should have a name, a reg number and a postcode. The postcode is whatever you chose when registering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Whatever postcode you entered when registering. (You had to include something. For example, mine is NONE)

Advertisement