Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Elton John headlining the final night at Glastonbury would be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Should have been swapped with Biffy. Nice dude and admire his work ethic but it's as bland as a bread sandwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Straighten that capo!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭tommythecat

First Up wrote: »
    Yes. He is the full band.

Wow

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

rtron wrote: »
    Calm down we're having fun critizing.The music is good.

That's what you call fun?....

yikes

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Digitalism wrote: »
    Exactly.

Its actually sad. Sitting watching this on a sunday night and slagging it on an internet forum. I'm sure Ed and his millions of fans give a feck what ye think. They're all having a blast right now.

Do something constructive right now instead kids

Jesus get over it, we like slating famous people! I'm really enjoying having it on, everyone looks to be having a good time and it's pleasant to see. I still think his music is a snooze fest. But I'm going to leave it on for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Ed knows his target audience and said target audience seems to be having a great time. It's like me going to a cricket game and complaining it's crap. I love sport, I don't like cricket.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

He's a decent musician but not suited to this slot at all.

Bands who would have done a far better job:

GnR
    Biffy Clyro
    Queens of the stone age
    Pearl Jam
    Noel Gallagher
    Stone Roses
    Robbie / Take that
    Elton John
    Fleetwood Mac
    Queen
    Depeche Mode

Queen died in 1991.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Part of the problem is that (for me at least) there isn't a whole lot of interest on any of the stages to close the festival. No issue with Ed as headliner but the quality across the stages isn't there for me (I know everyone's tastes are different, just personally)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Look hes got a band for all ye guys!!! LOOK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's bizzare the way the guitars won't stay in tune for a song! Is he playing cheap pieces of crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

First Up wrote: »
    Yes. He is the full band.

Wow

He's also his own mother

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭rtron

Digitalism wrote: »
    That's what you call fun?....

yikes

Maybe 'fun' is the wrong word but it's something to do during the boring bits :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Justice is headlining tonight also?

They haven't been good since Cross

Hey I got there first!

Are his family Irish or something? The fiddle player is a bit of alright cor blimey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Go on Ed, play Cotton Eye Joe!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Well this is ... different.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

adox wrote:
    It's bizzare the way the guitars won't stay in tune for a song! Is he playing cheap pieces of crap?

Sounds like they're fresh strings, which tend to take a few stretches and retunes to get 'em to stay in tune. If that's the case, it's a very amateur mistake for his guitar tech to make.

Are his family Irish or something? The fiddle player is a bit of alright cor blimey

His paternal grandparents were Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Oh good God, suicide time

Now in fairness this is f*cking awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm still watching Chic :) Good Times (certainly better than listening to Ed Sheeran)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

F**kin' hell people. If you don't like the man's music just switch off and enjoy your Sunday night some other way.

Jesus, well if that's got you going, do yourself a favour and don't ever click into a live Late Late show thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

Well this is ... different.

Funny, to me all his stuff sounds the same. Just hammering on an acoustic and yammering

Funny, to me all his stuff sounds the same. Just hammering on an acoustic and yammering

I meant when the folk band came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

For all those slating Radiohead in the other thread....I think we can all agree we have now hit rock bottom. God damn awful...bye bye Ed.

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Sounds like they're fresh strings, which tend to take a few stretches and retunes to get 'em to stay in tune. If that's the case, it's a very amateur mistake for his guitar tech to make.

Must be the same on all his spares too. He's swapped out a couple of times(maybe just the two guitars being retuned).
    I know temperature and moisture can affect tuning but not staying in tune for the length of a song is bizzare.

Would find it hard to believe his guitar tech has out new strings on all his guitars, tuned them and left it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Pete Moss wrote:

Outdoor gigs at night are a bitch for tuning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Hang in there folks, he'll do some Cradle of Filth covers if yer patient enough :P

Nymphetamine fix with some choice guest singer might do wonders :D

Advertisement