Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭griffin100

Funny, to me all his stuff sounds the same. Just hammering and yammering

That's how Foo Fighters sound to me. Isn't it great we all like different things :D

I wounder if Sheeran was back playing in a 500 person tent like the first time he played Glasto would posters be on telling us all to get on the red button to see this great one man band ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

First Up wrote: »
    Outdoor gigs at night are a bitch for tuning.

Im sure the armchair boards.ie performers know better than Ed Sheerand his roadies though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What did he say those trad musicians were called, the other???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I never got the Foo Fighters popularity. Boring rock music, like aural chewing gum. It's amazing how Dave Grohl was in Nirvana and he goes to create a mediocrity juggernaut like the FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭brevity

Oh to be young and in that crowd at Justice.

Although there is an old fella up the front in a blue tracksuit giving it socks....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Tinie wrote: »
    Im sure the armchair boards.ie performers know better than Ed Sheerand his roadies though!!

Ah jaysus it's fair comment. He's not the first acoustic player to p,ah outdoors at night time.

Having the guitars go out of tune so often isn't something that should be happening and it's fair comment to talk about it whether you think he's god or the devil or somewhere in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

adox wrote:
    Would find it hard to believe his guitar tech has out new strings on all his guitars, tuned them and left it at that.

So would I, especially for such a big performance, but it sounds like that. I saw he popped a few strings on a couple. Just sounds like one of the higher strings keeps slipping out.

I certainly don't think he's playing on some cheap bangers from Argos, haven't seen the headstocks but I imagine they're Martin. Plus, he's just pulled out a custom Fender, so Ed's certainly spending a few bob on his equipment.

Just very odd for it to happen at such a big event. I'm sure he's noticed, but doesn't look too phased.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I never got the Foo Fighters popularity. Boring rock music, like aural chewing gum. It's amazing how Dave Grohl was in Nirvana and he goes to create a mediocrity juggernaut like the FF.

They're grand as a singles band, like you hear one on the radio, think that's good and then something else comes on. Couldn't really listen to more than a couple of songs though.

That said, This Is A Call, is an absolute belter.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Jesus, well if that's got you going, do yourself a favour and don't ever click into a live Late Late show thread.

I visit there quite often but I find this Ed bashing tonight to be really tiresome. We've heard it all before lads. Let those of us who enjoy Ed's music just enjoy it.

vicwatson wrote: »
    What did he say those trad musicians were called, the other???

Was it Beoga?

• Advertisement

First Up wrote:
    Outdoor gigs at night are a bitch for tuning.

On stage maybe, if he's tuning by ear, but not for a guitar tech backstage. A standard Boss tuner should be on Ed's shopping list.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Jesus, well if that's got you going, do yourself a favour and don't ever click into a live Late Late show thread.

I visit there quite often but I find this Ed bashing tonight to be really tiresome. We've heard it all before lads. Let those of us who enjoy Ed's music just enjoy it.

Let's nip different opinions in the bud?

Its just annoying having to wade through generic boring bashing posts. I couldnt care less if some anonymous person doesnt like Eds music; I do and thats all that matters to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I find that little riff catchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

Birneybau wrote: »
    If I watch anymore I may head into the garage with the shotgun myself...

I can't stand Ed Sheeran so I took the decision to not watch him. I know it sounds crazy...but trust me it works.

Its just annoying having to wade through generic boring bashing posts. I couldnt care less if some anonymous person doesnt like Eds music; I do and thats all that matters to me.

Well. I honestly fcuking hate it and that's what matters to me.

And yet you find it annoying. Hmm.

Maybe go to a dedicated Ed Sheeran site then? You're never going to get universal support for someone that divisive in a thread devoted to an entire festival.

adox wrote: »
    And yet you find it annoying. Hmm.

Did you find my post hard to understand? Should I explain it in laymans terms for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I'm in love with yer body

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭rtron

I didn't look at boards for the last two songs.Coz they were really good and enjoyed watching and listening.

Did you find my post hard to understand? Should I explain it in laymans terms for you?

Not in the slightest. Do you understand it?

Certainly not but what's the point in having loads of posters just complain ad nauseum about Ed? If you don't like it don't bother wasting your time I say.

adox wrote: »
    Not in the slightest. Do you understand it?

No. You explain it to me there while I enjoy Eds music.

Thanks love

Certainly not but what's the point in having loads of posters just complain ad nauseum about Ed? If you don't like it don't bother wasting your time I say.

What's the point of having loads of posters tell each other how great Ed is? If you don't like reading it don't bother wasting your time I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Glastonbury is mainly full of people who are just there so they can say they were there. In a months time ask 90% of the crowd who they saw, I bet they won't remember any act outside of the headliners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

He looks like a francie Barrett

I'm yet to find hagiographical forums on this site, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Was it Beoga?

I don't think that's what he said though I believe they played on divide

• Advertisement

Good Glastonbury all the same. I enjoyed all the headliners, they were all different and very entertaining, which is really all that matters.

Advertisement