Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jaysus poor Slaves on the "introducing" stage. They've been "introducing" for the last 2-3 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I can't understand how this is popular and accepted at Glastonbury yet the decision to allow genuine stars like Jay Z and Kanye to headline was ridiculed.

Well Grime music is an english genre of Rap so that helps a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I'd love to go too, i believe it's a mare to get tickets for though. Plus it'd probably take a few years off my life given the partying i tend to do at these things. Went to a week long one in Portugal last year and it took about a month to get over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Cazale wrote: »
    BBC presenters not exactly gushing in their praise. He did well on his own and my eight year old loved it.

That's strange. Usually they're praising every headliner to the skies no matter how good or bad they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Tinie wrote: »
    Well Grime music is an english genre of Rap so that helps a bit.

But it just doesn't compare talentwise to the 2 rappers I mentioned.

• Advertisement

That's strange. Usually they're praising every headliner to the skies no matter how good or bad they were.

Possibly due to Ed holding the BBC up and being late to the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

brevity wrote: »
    God I wish i was at it.

It was streaming on the BBC website. I posed a link a few pages back. It's region blocked but Hola gets around that.

Just found them on BBc red button, thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately BBC are having technical difficulties playing the gig:(

Possibly due to Ed holding the BBC up and being late to the stage.

Yeah he was 5 minutes late wasn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I nearly wish the coverage wasn't so good. The depression of not being there having experienced it so knowing just how amazing it is and then watching it on TV is too great.

Console yourself with being in a warm bed tonight, as opposed to a five hour exodus from the wee hours later like clamouring onto the last helicopter out of Saigon.

did he not play an encore or are BBC just not showing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

4Ad wrote: »
    I was there in 07 and agree..everybody goes and does their own thing...def no bull****e or rowdy drunks either..

Very true. It's not really about the headliners. Waking up on the Friday morning and hearing bands sound-checking is almost like a jolt... You realise that not only are you having a great time but now there's a huge variety of music to listen to for the next three days!! Greenfields is a world on its own. Most of the armchair boards commentators probably have never been to a gig let alone a festival...just worrying about negative equity and their next car colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Keeping his granny in Wexford up way past her bedtime.

Don't think he did an encore. He said before the second last song that he was doing just 2 more so he just played straight through.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Don't think he did.

Surely longer going by the way they were talking on the lead up like "WHERE IS ED?!"

I love this song by Metronomy, good band actually

Keeping his granny in Wexford up way past her bedtime.

He was probably trying to calm those nerves. He must have been bricking it before he went on stage as he looked proper nervy for Castle on the Hill.

Surely longer going by the way they were talking on the lead up like "WHERE IS ED?!"

Wasn't he due on at 9:45? He came onstage at 9:50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

adox wrote: »
    Jaysus poor Slaves on the "introducing" stage. They've been "introducing" for the last 2-3 years.

But they were still great getti g the crowd to make a mosh pit..
    They'll never be big...unfortunately.

Too many good acts on BBC red button simultaneously at the moment.:(

• Advertisement

Do the red button channels work in Ireland? I remember I used to have it but that may have been when I lived in the UK

Do the red button channels work in Ireland? I remember I used to have it but that may have been when I lived in the UK

They got rid of them, but you can tune them into the "other channels" section of the sky box options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

Working for me..

4Ad wrote: »
    Working for me..

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Yep i'm on sky and its not working....i prefered when the coverage on the main channel was 20 minutes on each band...

Watching Justice here...

I still remember vividly when Cross first came out. 10 years ago. My god.

Watching Justice here...

I still remember vividly when Cross first came out. 10 years ago. My god.

Brevity was spot on....it's one hell of a set!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Console yourself with being in a warm bed tonight, as opposed to a five hour exodus from the wee hours later like clamouring onto the last helicopter out of Saigon.

That isn't for age yet, sure you would just be heading off to Arcadia, Block 9, Shangri la etc at this times :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

That isn't for age yet, sure you would just be heading off to Arcadia, Block 9, Shangri la etc at this times :(

Don't make it any worse!!! :)

Is next year definitely a fallow year? (Please say not)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Don't make it any worse!!! :)

Is next year definitely a fallow year? (Please say not)

yes

Advertisement