Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Anyone who is on the fence should really bite the bullet and go all out for tickets next time. It really is something to be witnessed. There simply isn't anything like being at the biggest party happening anywhere in the world for the best part of a week.

So this year I brought my OH along for the first time so had a slightly different experience than previous years.

Stayed in Worthy View for the first time and was super impressed with the set up. The 2 man scout tent was plenty of room for the both of us and I'm sure the tipis would be great if you had a big enough crew. Never bothered with showers at festivals before was shocked with how much an impact a warm shower had each morning. Completely revitalised me for the days ahead. Only negative of staying in WV was that it's not ideal for if you're arriving by coach as opposed to driving. The hill was a piece of piss with no mud and I walked less than when I usually camp on the west side of the site.

Friday

Blossoms - Caught a bit of these guys to kick things off. Not a big fan of theirs but it was a pleasant way to get things started.

Dua Lipa - Next was the fringes of the JP tent which was difficult to get into. She has a cracking voice but still not sure if she has the tunes to match just yet.

First Aid Kit - Love these yet had never caught them live before. Great to see them deliver on such a big stage too. The Lions Road might be a weekend highlight.

Royal Blood - Not a big fan yet somehow this is my 3rd time to see them. Can't argue with their ability to get a crowd going though. If they can keep churning out those catchy big tunes they could be headlining in a few years.

The XX - Another band I've somehow never seen and was really impressed with their ability to deliver on a slot that wouldn't be their first pick. Thought it was a cracking set.

Radiohead - Seeing them on the Pyramid Stage is a dream come true and on my birthday of all days. They didn't have to put any effort in to win me over and would have been happy with any setlist as I've seen them so many times before. The price of the ticket was worth getting to hear Let Down live alone. Their reluctance to use standard video footage on the big screen was a tad annoying as it meant casuals were slightly less engaged for at least the first half of the set. Big tunes in the second half changed all that.

Saturday

Was supposed to get up to watch the rugby at 8.00 but the one stretch of rain meant I just stayed in my tent and listened to it instead.

Had a late start to the day after a snooze and just wandered around catching bits and pieces until made my way to see Jeremy Corbyn introduce Run the jewels. Couldn't get into the field as the main entry points were heaving so had to watch on the screen from afar.

RTJ - Thought they were great. Crowd had thinned out so by the end I walked straight inside the barriers where everyone was having great fun. Thought they did a great job with the slot they were given.

Katy Perry - As we were inside the barrier for RTJ we managed to get a few rows from the front centre for this. Had high expectations and thought she delivered. Sound problems and a few more new songs than I'd like were negatives but Roar and it finishing with her diving right into where we were is also a festival highlight.

The National - Caught the second half of this set and another perfect festival band for me. Never seen them before as I'm not a big enough fan to go see them at the venues they play these days but enjoyed what I saw.

Foo Fighters - I feel the same as I do about Royal Blood having seen Grohl do his thing a few times. Big tunes, big personalities, big sound but not my cup of tea.

Left a little early to beat the queues for the SE corner. Got to see the second half of the screening of The Bomb with The Acid doing a live score. This was fantastic. Toots & the Maytals were also playing on the truth stage to my surprise.

Sunday

More wandering around for the first half of the day trying to meet up with friends scattered throughout the site and catching bits and pieces in the background.

Made my way to the Pyramid for Barry Gib and Chic and got message saying Killers were playing JP tent so opted to go there straight away to ensure a decent spot.

Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes - Guy has a bit of charisma and got the crowd going but I had little time for the actual music. People seem to be happy with heavier music being invited to the festival but this type of heavy is not my thing.

Killers - I'd always wished I saw them back when they first played Oxegen but made a correct call in watching The Cure that day. Hot Fuss tunes were immense and the one-two of All These Things That I've Done and Mr. Brightside is up there with any past festival experiences.

Biffy Clyro - Meh, not a fan.

Ed Sheeran - Caught the first few songs as the girlfriend is a fan and I was curious to see how he'd get on. Have to give him props for getting up there and doing it all mostly on his own. The crowd was massive and bigger than any headliner I've ever seen.

Justice - Ran to catch the last hour of Justice which was great . Sound on West Holts is immense. One of the last bands on my bucket list as I'm still a big fan of Cross to this day so delighted I finally got to see them.

Also managed to avoid drinking a pint of Carlsberg all weekend with the fine choice at The Avalon Inn and the new Brooklyn Bar which was fantastic.

Cracking festival made even better by the good weather. A few crowd control issues at times on the train tracks left a sour taste in my mouth and Sunday seemed busier than usual (or maybe in previous years I spend more time on Sunday in quieter areas)

So yeah, anyone on the fence just go.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Finally in my bed.. am absolutely shattered!

Kudos to the bro-in-law for driving the CV from Cardiff to Sligo today (via Pembroke-Rosslare ferry).. tough journey for me as a passenger and he took sole responsibility on driving.. so can't imagine how he feels.

Tomorrow, the downloading and subsequent binging on the sets start!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Anyone who is on the fence should really bite the bullet and go all out for tickets next time. It really is something to be witnessed. There simply isn't anything like being at the biggest party happening anywhere in the world for the best part of a week.

So this year I brought my OH along for the first time so had a slightly different experience than previous years.

Stayed in Worthy View for the first time and was super impressed with the set up. The 2 man scout tent was plenty of room for the both of us and I'm sure the tipis would be great if you had a big enough crew. Never bothered with showers at festivals before was shocked with how much an impact a warm shower had each morning. Completely revitalised me for the days ahead. Only negative of staying in WV was that it's not ideal for if you're arriving by coach as opposed to driving. The hill was a piece of piss with no mud and I walked less than when I usually camp on the west side of the site.

Friday

Blossoms - Caught a bit of these guys to kick things off. Not a big fan of theirs but it was a pleasant way to get things started.

Dua Lipa - Next was the fringes of the JP tent which was difficult to get into. She has a cracking voice but still not sure if she has the tunes to match just yet.

First Aid Kit - Love these yet had never caught them live before. Great to see them deliver on such a big stage too. The Lions Road might be a weekend highlight.

Royal Blood - Not a big fan yet somehow this is my 3rd time to see them. Can't argue with their ability to get a crowd going though. If they can keep churning out those catchy big tunes they could be headlining in a few years.

The XX - Another band I've somehow never seen and was really impressed with their ability to deliver on a slot that wouldn't be their first pick. Thought it was a cracking set.

Radiohead - Seeing them on the Pyramid Stage is a dream come true and on my birthday of all days. They didn't have to put any effort in to win me over and would have been happy with any setlist as I've seen them so many times before. The price of the ticket was worth getting to hear Let Down live alone. Their reluctance to use standard video footage on the big screen was a tad annoying as it meant casuals were slightly less engaged for at least the first half of the set. Big tunes in the second half changed all that.

Saturday

Was supposed to get up to watch the rugby at 8.00 but the one stretch of rain meant I just stayed in my tent and listened to it instead.

Had a late start to the day after a snooze and just wandered around catching bits and pieces until made my way to see Jeremy Corbyn introduce Run the jewels. Couldn't get into the field as the main entry points were heaving so had to watch on the screen from afar.

RTJ - Thought they were great. Crowd had thinned out so by the end I walked straight inside the barriers where everyone was having great fun. Thought they did a great job with the slot they were given.

Katy Perry - As we were inside the barrier for RTJ we managed to get a few rows from the front centre for this. Had high expectations and thought she delivered. Sound problems and a few more new songs than I'd like were negatives but Roar and it finishing with her diving right into where we were is also a festival highlight.

The National - Caught the second half of this set and another perfect festival band for me. Never seen them before as I'm not a big enough fan to go see them at the venues they play these days but enjoyed what I saw.

Foo Fighters - I feel the same as I do about Royal Blood having seen Grohl do his thing a few times. Big tunes, big personalities, big sound but not my cup of tea.

Left a little early to beat the queues for the SE corner. Got to see the second half of the screening of The Bomb with The Acid doing a live score. This was fantastic. Toots & the Maytals were also playing on the truth stage to my surprise.

Sunday

More wandering around for the first half of the day trying to meet up with friends scattered throughout the site and catching bits and pieces in the background.

Made my way to the Pyramid for Barry Gib and Chic and got message saying Killers were playing JP tent so opted to go there straight away to ensure a decent spot.

Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes - Guy has a bit of charisma and got the crowd going but I had little time for the actual music. People seem to be happy with heavier music being invited to the festival but this type of heavy is not my thing.

Killers - I'd always wished I saw them back when they first played Oxegen but made a correct call in watching The Cure that day. Hot Fuss tunes were immense and the one-two of All These Things That I've Done and Mr. Brightside is up there with any past festival experiences.

Biffy Clyro - Meh, not a fan.

Ed Sheeran - Caught the first few songs as the girlfriend is a fan and I was curious to see how he'd get on. Have to give him props for getting up there and doing it all mostly on his own. The crowd was massive and bigger than any headliner I've ever seen.

Justice - Ran to catch the last hour of Justice which was great . Sound on West Holts is immense. One of the last bands on my bucket list as I'm still a big fan of Cross to this day so delighted I finally got to see them.

Also managed to avoid drinking a pint of Carlsberg all weekend with the fine choice at The Avalon Inn and the new Brooklyn Bar which was fantastic.

Cracking festival made even better by the good weather. A few crowd control issues at times on the train tracks left a sour taste in my mouth and Sunday seemed busier than usual (or maybe in previous years I spend more time on Sunday in quieter areas)

So yeah, anyone on the fence just go.

how hard is it to get tickets?.....dont they sell out very quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

jobless wrote: »
    It's difficult and not guaranteed..

.. but get a group of people registered and trying on ticket morning and you'll be surprised!

Our group succesfully got tickets the last 3 years and there was between 3 and 6 of us trying, though last year was resale (as opposed to main sale).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Wasn't lucky enough to get tickets this year but will try again in 2019.

Yes it is tough to get them, best bet is to get a gang and share your registration numbers. That way, if one of you get through, they can buy tickets for everyone. I'm generally very lucky/jammy with getting tickets for every gig I want to go to, was gutted when I didn't get them this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

By all means let's keep answering the same questions over and over. Great thread.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I was part of a group of about 30 people getting tickets this year (the majority I don't know) which was coordinated with a google spreadsheet. Once one person gets it it's quite easy to keep jumping back in and getting bundles of 6 tickets for everyone else.

I've managed to get a ticket every year I've properly tried but it takes effort and a little bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

did anyone get one of those cool and dark tents? https://www.decathlon.ie/2-seconds-fresh-ampblack-3-person-camping-tent-en-s142651.html

do they work any bit?

I bought this one, as I wanted the porch. 3 man is s stretch and it does allow some light in through the front porch stitching, but it was very noticeably cooler than any of my mates tents the past week and could even sleep during the day time if so wanted.

http://m.gooutdoors.co.uk/coleman-kentmere-3-plus-tent-p407207

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It requires some persistence, luck, planning, friends and speed, but it is possible. They sell out in a couple of hours normally but I've got tickets for every year for the past 22 years (although it's not been on every year, and back in the day you just picked up tickets from the local record shop when I started going).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Yeah wanted to know the same thing. Would love to go, seems to be tricky to get but worth the pre planning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 pjf2013

Best festival I've been too....weather obviously made it but what a free special place to be in. queued for 6 hours in blistering heat to get in and still didn't annoy us one bit.

Such a calm amazing feel to the whole place.

Walked 81km in total, pure madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

MadYaker wrote: »
    I heard some people whinging about the setlist here and elsewhere and think they are way off the mark. They played Creep, Fake Plastic Trees and all the big songs off Ok Computer that everyone knows. What more could you look for?

Yep, sums up my feeling. Radiohead really did change their set to suit the occasion which was, in a way, generous of them. Yet the 'loved their old stuff' gang still complained. Looked amazing on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm not great with words but it's really hard to describe how good it is. I only really talked about the music above but there's so much more to it that's hard to put into words. I went to the green crafts field on Thursday and this metal worker guy helped me make a little silver bracelet for a friend of mine who has her birthday in a few weeks. It's stuff like that that makes it so unique. There seemed to be way more families with young kids as well all having the time of their lives this year which adds a really nice vibe.

MadYaker you have the gist of a music journalist, you described perfectly the emotions evoked in some of Radiohead's numbers, if you can describe the sounds you are hearing at all, you are on the right path. You should start a music review blog or festival review blog. The same with S.M.B, great reviews on the festival gigs. Wil be working on my Body&Soul review over the next few days. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

pjf2013 wrote:

I had over 32000 steps on sunday alone and was sober as I left late on sunday night. Huge spikes in steps from 12 midnight until 7am every evening as I made my way from the pyramid to arcadia to silent disco to block9/Shangri la. My feet have only recovered..unbelievable festival

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

head and being still frazzled here a week on from the gates opening and we only arrived on site Friday morning. i attribute that mostly to stuff we acquired in the stone circle Friday that was a lot stronger than i expected! had a fantastic time, way better than my time in 2015 as we had a solid crew of 6 this time and that time it was pretty much me camping on my own, hanging around with a couple i knew at the festival as well. perfect weather this time as well, only bit of mud i saw was up at the longdrops in the park stage. and in the mornings it was nice and cool until 10am at least. back in 2015 the heat woke me up in the mornings.

highlights were sigrid (check her out!), the xx, katy perry and haim. hamilton leithauser, real estate, bicep, metronomy and moderat were all good. i was dragged along to lisa hannigan and i'm not a fan at all, think she's cráp. i just dozed lying down in the sun at the park stage. perfect music to doze to i suppose!

major lazer were terrible! dunno why we went to it. i'm watching radiohead here from BBC and serious FOMO we didn't go. wasn't a big fan at all of last two albums but it's mostly old stuff here and it's landing great! ah well, you can't catch everything at festivals. but can't believe we picked major lazer over radiohead!

i was way too fcuked from said stone circle goods to pay attention to avalanches, joe goddard or the jacksons, was just spouting absolute nonsense to friends and randomers. kinda regret basically missing them but kinda don't either!

hip hop karaoke on the sunday was great but meant we missed king gizzard but we were at the park and it was just too far to john peel.

missed RTJ thanks to jeremy fúcking corbyn! he was on other stage first before kaiser chiefs when we were walking over to pyramid and then he must have walked backstage and gave the same speech at the pyramid. you just could not move between the gap between the other and pyramid. people were climbing market stalls to hear his speech! it was bizarre.

downsides
    i said i'd list a few downsides as i like reviews that give the good and the bad even when it was class. we have all those mates where everything *they* do is fantastic and you can't trust their opinion!
    • i doubt i'll go again until my financial situation eases as i spend a ton at these things! i'm embarrassed to give my total number.
    • and won't go again until there's a direct flight from Shannon to Bristol. it's some pain landing at Dublin and then facing a 2hr30mins drive home to Ennis when it's 10 minutes from Shannon airport
    • it's a logistical pain anywhere from Ireland. bristol airport is still 40 mins from the site, bristol city is an an hour, and you've to simultaneously pack for a flight and camping at a music festival. have to buy beer slabs over there if you're flying. also, whether you go by boat or aeroplane, you go through security and can't pack certain substances which you can easily acquire in Ireland!
    • it really is in the middle of nowhere and there's not a hope of getting accommodation around there which i usually do at festivals, yes i'm soft!
    • it's some size which is cool but can be too big. you just can't go between stages if the acts are too close together. like being at the park and wanting to go to king gizzard at john peel. crowds walking seemed busier this year for some reason. i see reasons listed as the good weather means nobody is hanging around their tents. it was a fairly bad crush getting to arcadia for boys noize Friday night.
    • not a problem this year but it's a valley so floods so easily. any bit of rain and mud is terrible.
    • the BBC do an unreal job of filming the gigs especially at the pyramid. obviously nearly all the time it's better to be there but i was at kanye 2015 sober and was stuck to the right and thought it was an OK gig. then i watched back the BBC footage with the aerial shots, the panning and the flags and it looked unreal! so that's just something for people who're watching on TV and getting FOMO to bear in mind
    • just my opinion but i prefer the company of Irish people!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

robinph wrote: »

It requires some persistence, luck, planning, friends and speed, but it is possible. They sell out in a couple of hours normally but I've got tickets for every year for the past 22 years (although it's not been on every year, and back in the day you just picked up tickets from the local record shop when I started going).
    22 years wow.... care to share any of your planning tips :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    pjf2013 wrote:

I had over 32000 steps on sunday alone and was sober as I left late on sunday night. Huge spikes in steps from 12 midnight until 7am every evening as I made my way from the pyramid to arcadia to silent disco to block9/Shangri la. My feet have only recovered..unbelievable festival
    I seem to have done between 10 and 15 miles walking each day which is less than normal, but most of that was pushing a baby buggy around and wasn't inclined to move location once we found something entertaining for the toddler.

I did do 22 miles on the Saturday but that included a run off site first thing in the morning to run Shepton Mallet parkrun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I did do 22 miles on the Saturday but that included a run off site first thing in the morning to run Shepton Mallet parkrun.

I'm still trying to comprehend this one Robin, absolutely nuts :D

EDIT: Out of interest, what time did you do???

18:50 after a 3.5 mile warm up run to get there. 2nd finisher and I was also wearing my fairy wings. :)

Little disappointed with the time as I'm going only 20 seconds slower pushing the buggy around at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

18:50 after a 3.5 mile warm up run to get there. 2nd finisher and I was also wearing my fairy wings. :)

Little disappointed with the time as I'm going only 20 seconds slower pushing the buggy around at the moment.

ah stop, you had a few days of Glastonbury on the legs by then, I'd struggle to achieve that time after a few days rest and sleeping in my own bed :eek:

You're still mad however!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Back into work today. It will be a while before I'm back to normal.

I've been to a fair few festivals in my time all over the shop and without doubt this knocked everything else into the ha'penny place. Will be back no doubt.

Nothing really prepares you for the sheer scale of the place.

Highlights:

I have loads but these 2 deserve special mention...

Radiohead on Friday were outstanding. You kinda knew it would be good, but nothing prepared me for just how mind-blowing and "I was there..." it felt. "There There" live was my highlight... then they just went and played "Creep" which was an unexpected highlight. It's a gig that will live long in the memory.

Metronomy on Sunday gave a tour-de-force. They're one band I never manage to get to see in Dublin or when I can they do a bloody DJ set. But that performance on Sunday was a thing of beauty. Performing for a solid 20min without stopping and mixing tunes into each other was a testament of just how tight they were. To say I was blown away would be an understatement. Definitely delighted with my choice of them over Justice though reports suggest Justice were whopper. I suppose the memories of the Phoenix Park in 2007(?) will have to do.

Surprises:

Foo Fighters on Saturday. I was a huge fan of Dave and Co as a kid and still adore the first 3 albums (One day I'll hear "Good Grief" live!)

But had no real interest in staying for the full set on Saturday. Was gonna take in a bit and head down to Sasha and Digweed but they were class. Same schtick as always but a lot of fun AND they didn't do any stupid acoustic versions of their tunes. Only thing missing was some tunes from Wasting Light. But alas...

Katy Perry on Saturday. I knew the set was gonna be fun but I didn't think she'd be that good. Defo a highlight.

Lowlights:

Hard to realy pick out any given just how great the whole fest was overall but The National on Saturday really wore me down. I love the band and I love them live, normally (Incidentally today is 3 years since they played in Cork), but they were just devoid of real energy up there. Matt was locked it appears and he got cut off early.

And yet again they failed to play "Mistaken for Strangers". GRRRRRRR!!!

---

Loads missing from this review but I'd be here all day otherwise.

If you've never been, just do your best to go. You will not be disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The National are dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

The National went way down in my esteem based on their performance. Used to be a huge fan (Alligator and Boxer being two of my favourite albums) but the recent stuff just comes across as so dreary and by-the-numbers live. They picked a truly ****e setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭tommythecat

A Neurotic wrote: »
    The National went way down in my esteem based on their performance. Used to be a huge fan (Alligator and Boxer being two of my favourite albums) but the recent stuff just comes across as so dreary and by-the-numbers live. They picked a truly ****e setlist.

Exactly this. A terrible set list. But they are not a warm up band on a Main stage. They never will be. They are just not that kind of band. They should have headlined John Peel and you would have had a cracker of a gig.
    They really are caught in a weird place as they've gotten more mainstream attention than they had any right too but can't handle a large gig like that. They need to go back to smaller venues where they shine. And I say all this as a massive fan since alligator.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Exactly this. A terrible set list. But they are not a warm up band on a Main stage. They never will be. They are just not that kind of band. They should have headlined John Peel and you would have had a cracker of a gig.
    They really are caught in a weird place as they've gotten more mainstream attention than they had any right too but can't handle a large gig like that. They need to go back to smaller venues where they shine. And I say all this as a massive fan since alligator.

Completely agree with the pair of ye on this. The difference the John Peel made to say, Future Islands set as opposed to them being on a larger stage is quite glaring. No way The National should have been near the Pyramid stage. And yes, the setlist was gash.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

georgiecasey made some good points above about the negatives. No matter what way you do it it's a bit of a logistical nightmare. I'm guessing driving over and staying in worthy view would probably be easiest. But the drive home would be a struggle unless you stay somewhere very near the festival on Monday night. Camper van sounds nice but I don't like the fact they are off site and you have to go through security everyday because I always have stuff on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the setlist wasn't great with 4 completely new unreleased songs, but I think they did pretty well overall. I had a few with me who had never heard their stuff and loved it, particularly Matt's onstage antics. read similar on efestivals.

don't agree about them only playing small gigs though, they can handle big outdoor stages no problem, they headlined Longitude last year and were very good, and did Latitude the same weekend and it was great from what I've read.

no way should they have headlined the John Peel, way too big for that. Pyramid sub is usually similar size to Other headliner, which would have suited them better and allowed for more older songs that the audience knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

georgiecasey made some good points above about the negatives. No matter what way you do it it's a bit of a logistical nightmare. I'm guessing driving over and staying in worthy view would probably be easiest. But the drive home would be a struggle unless you stay somewhere very near the festival on Monday night. Camper van sounds nice but I don't like the fact they are off site and you have to go through security everyday because I always have stuff on me.
    yeah, the ferry times on Monday basically mean the driver has to have an earlyish night on Sunday, or else book in somewhere and stay there that night.
    I wouldn't say it's a nightmare at all, but it does take some organising and planning.

The campervan fields are really not that far away, spent a lot of time in the east of the site this year at Kidz Field/ Theatre/ Acoustic area and the campervan fields are a shorter walk back to bed than if you were at the top end of Pennards or even one the further west camping fields.

The security isn't an issue, other than on the first day queue, and if you don't want to take stuff in and out every day then there are lockups right inside the site by the gates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

The campervan fields are really not that far away, spent a lot of time in the east of the site this year at Kidz Field/ Theatre/ Acoustic area and the campervan fields are a shorter walk back to bed than if you were at the top end of Pennards or even one the further west camping fields.

The security isn't an issue, other than on the first day queue, and if you don't want to take stuff in and out every day then there are lockups right inside the site by the gates.

Robinph did you go with kids? Would be interested to hear how that went and what ages this suits. I understand you won't be 4 rows back from the front of pyramid stage for 7 hours if you have young uns, but am embarking on the kids at festivals thing in the next few years

Advertisement