Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

postcode you used will be in the email with the reg number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Ah but the problem is I'm trying to book for a group and I never thought i'd need their post codes. I'll have to guess them so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Here we go, Good luck all !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Got two coach tickets for myself and the missus.

Dept Bristol at 14:30 on the Wednesday.

Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Got a ticket for myself, all very rushed. I just picked any coach. Do I HAVE to go for that coach or is it a first come first serve in reality at the time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Got my 2, couldn't get bristol so got birmingham

Hope everyone got sorted

Got a ticket for myself, all very rushed. I just picked any coach. Do I HAVE to go for that coach or is it a first come first serve in reality at the time?

You need to get the exact coach you booked as you will be given your ticket on that coach and no other.

The way back is alot more flexible by all accounts and you can basically get any coach that has a seat.

Was very rushed myself. Ws clicking loads of options trying to get an available coach.

Wasn't sure what I had got until the confirmation screen came up!! First card I used was rejected so had to quickly rip open the wallet for the back up credit card.

Dept Bristol at 14:30 Wednesday
    Return to Bristol at 08:30 Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Happy freakin' days. Got me tickets (5 of us going from Bristol). Let the rumour mill begin: Foo Fighters, Ed Sheeran, Rihana........ So it'll be the other stages for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

You need to get the exact coach you booked as you will be given your ticket on that coach and no other.

The way back is alot more flexible by all accounts and you can basically get any coach that has a seat.

Was very rushed myself. Ws clicking loads of options trying to get an available coach.

Wasn't sure what I had got until the confirmation screen came up!! First card I used was rejected so had to quickly rip open the wallet for the back up credit card.

Dept Bristol at 14:30 Wednesday
    Return to Bristol at 08:30 Monday

Sure at least we are on the same coach out, new-friend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

BALLS!!!! Bloody postcode guessing game went on for too long and they're gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Got mine! Absolutely f*cking deeeelighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Congrats all. Especially to those who haven't been before.

@ s.welstead Check your emails from when you registered or check your registration online to find out your postcode and good luck on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

5 of us were trying and none were successful. Raging :( fingers crossed we have luck on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Missed out too :(

My mutant friend was trying at the same time , he got further than me but fecked up typing my postcode in , he took it down wrong off me the night before. After a few attempts the page froze .

Fingers crossed for Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

he got further than me but fecked up typing my postcode in , he took it down wrong off me the night before.

Don't want to sound bad but thats amateur hour. Need to email the regs over directly and copy and paste them into a word doc ready to go before Sunday.

The Nal wrote: »
    Don't want to sound bad but thats amateur hour. Need to email the regs over directly and copy and paste them into a word doc ready to go before Sunday.

I agree 100% , complete spa , so stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Just wondering from people who got them am I better off using multiple tabs and refeshing each tab or am I better off with one tab and leaving it to auto refresh?
    I had 4 pc's on with 3 tabs each on two different internet connections and don't manage to get one :(

Also a couple of tips in addition

- If you get to the reg details screen and click submit and the page crashes, hit back on the browser, do not refresh or you'll be brought back to the start. Hitting back will bring you back to the page with the details still filled in, just hit submit again.

- You can paste the credit card number into the payment page so have that copied on the word doc too. Every second counts!

Just wondering from people who got them am I better off using multiple tabs and refeshing each tab or am I better off with one tab and leaving it to auto refresh?
    I had 4 pc's on with 3 tabs each on two different internet connections and don't manage to get one :(

Its total pot luck. I got tickets last night. 1 browser, 1 window, F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.

Another of our crew got in the same way but I had already got them by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blahfool

It's just luck.
    Last year I got through on 1 tab of IE(!) on a crappy desktop. All the modern gear got nowhere.
    Utterly random.
    Edit: manually refresh though. It's simply faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Last year I got in on Edge browser on a crappy windows phone. You'd never know!
    Naturally that phone has been dug out again

• Advertisement

There's no point using multipe tabs in the same browser. I had 3 different browsers open, 2 auto refreshing and one being refreshed manually, along with an ipad and my phone. I got through at around 5 past, can't remember which browser but I think it was mozilla. None of the rest of my group got a sniff of the ticket page. There are certain things you can do to increase your changes marginally (multiple devices/browsers) but it all comes down to luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Silly question time. Just tried to update my postcode to the Eircode. Don't think it matters to them but just trying to tidy it up. Anyway the page is telling me "registrations for 2017 have now closed".

I've been using the same registrations for the past 5 or so years with no issues, I'm pretty much sure I'll be ok for Sunday but could someone advise? I can't even view the reg online anymore, but I did get the email in September as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

you won't be able to change it until after registration has re-opened, some time after Sunday's sale.
    I wouldn't go messing with any details at this stage, wait until you've secured a ticket first.

Chelon wrote: »
    Silly question time. Just tried to update my postcode to the Eircode. Don't think it matters to them but just trying to tidy it up. Anyway the page is telling me "registrations for 2017 have now closed".

I've been using the same registrations for the past 5 or so years with no issues, I'm pretty much sure I'll be ok for Sunday but could someone advise? I can't even view the reg online anymore, but I did get the email in September as normal.

Double check it here. If you get a mail back you're in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Yep cheers, I did get the email back but just couldn't view or update it online.

"Wait until you've secured a ticket"....if only ;-)

How many tickets actually go on sale to general public Sunday ?

Around 100,000 I think?

Just booked my flights! Only 8 months to go haha!

How many tickets actually go on sale to general public Sunday ?

120,000 on Sunday.

15,000 sold last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Anybody having any joy? I'm just getting "page cannot be displayed" at glastonbury.seetickets.com.

Our 4th or 5th year trying

Advertisement