Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

4th year trying and i've yet to see even a first page. hate this shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

4th year trying and i've yet to see even a first page. hate this shít.

Same here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

just got sorted for 4 :)

scary wrote: »
    just got sorted for 4 :)
    Fair play. Glasto Twitter says half of tix already sold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Brother in Oz got our group sorted...

.. I didn't see the holding page once!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annie_ie

Lucky you!!

Apparently half are sold now.

Were you in queue from start? We havent got past site cannot be reached stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

right, friends sorted me, like all other years. i'm off to bed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

30mins of nothing, did the host files change and got straight in on 2 browsers

If you know how, host hack

109.231.214.235 glastonbury.seetickets.com

and then go to http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2017-deposits/worthy-farm/1100000/

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I have booking page up if anyone needs help....PM me ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Murphy's law in operation. I had 2 friends in the uk and 2 laptops going myself.

Got through at 9.05 on my own laptop and no trouble booking the 2 tickets. Very happy as only second time successful in 6 years. If it's not sold out yet that means it slower than usual as normally it's all over in 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blahfool

Seemed slower to sell out this year?
    Thanks mud!

I didn't even manage to get thebooking page to load despite trying on 3 devices for 50 mins. Argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I was trying for friends and never got beyond the holding page, one of my mates in the UK managed to buy 12 though so we're all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blahfool

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    I didn't even manage to get thebooking page to load despite trying on 3 devices for 50 mins. Argh!

Resale, it'll be grand!

Blahfool wrote: »
    Seemed slower to sell out this year?
    Thanks mud!
    yeah, nearly twice as long this year.
    most people couldn't even get the holding page this year it seems.

i reckon plenty of people were using that Refreshinator app and it was hammering the site and making it almost unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

I managed to get 6 tickets. I'm still shaking with the shock. First time going for all of us. Can't believe we got them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Girlfriend was trying this morning and got as far as the payment page and had an error with one of the registration numbers!

She had to go back through the who thing, put in her card details but never got a booking complete page or a confirmation number! When she went back and tried to buy them again it said that tickets had already been purchased for the reg numbers!

She's terrified now she doesn't have them. Anyone ever had anything similar?? Long wait now for an email to confirm!

One of my friends got my ticket so I'm happy out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

All ours are sorted and have had confirmation email through already. Was pretty brutal. We never saw the holding page here and others in our group got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Girlfriend was trying this morning and got as far as the payment page and had an error with one of the registration numbers!

She had to go back through the who thing, put in her card details but never got a booking complete page or a confirmation number! When she went back and tried to buy them again it said that tickets had already been purchased for the reg numbers!

She's terrified now she doesn't have them. Anyone ever had anything similar?? Long wait now for an email to confirm!

One of my friends got my ticket so I'm happy out :)

if the reg number was coming up as already used then she'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

If someone registers say next week can they then apply in the resale? Suspect not but have a friend who is asking

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Chelon wrote: »
    If someone registers say next week can they then apply in the resale? Suspect not but have a friend who is asking

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

I didn't get a confirmation email yet, could it take a while to come through? Have the booking complete page with the order reference number screenshotted. But still half terrified something might go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

dmm82 wrote: »
    I didn't get a confirmation email yet, could it take a while to come through? Have the booking complete page with the order reference number screenshotted. But still half terrified something might go wrong?

Dont worry, it can take a few hours to come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Found it relatively easy to get tickets this year compared to last year. Had a few different groups trying and all managed to get on after about 20 minutes.

A few lessons learned from last year (based on driving):

Prepare better next year for the 10 hour queues to get in! Bring some form of entertainment to pass the time in the car/coach!

If it's anyway muddy like this year, make a few trips back to the car, don't load up the cart (if bringing one) with all of the gear with the intention of doing one trip. It just sinks straight in and you cant budge it. Many people just abandoned them on the way up to the campsite.

The English people are extremely friendly!

Bring better for food for breakfasts + a few disposable bbqs. Trust me, when you wake up to the smell of your neighbors cooking a a few rashers and sausages it can drive you mad while you have to go and queue up for not so great food. Many of the regulars seem to have this down to a fine art.

The pyramid stage, for any of the main acts if you're near the centre, don't expect easily get to the toilets and back, the amount of people you have to wade through is insane. Thousands surrounding you in every direction you look. Worth considering if you're planning on drinking a few cans in there!

I cannot wait for it!!

Edit: Just one more point. From talking to many people who have been over the years, the heavy mud is to be expected / considered normal to plan for it. It is a rare occasion where they have a dry festival. The last was 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ All good tips.. though 2015 had a quick shower here and there, it was nowhere as muddy as last year.

Bring better for food for breakfasts + a few disposable bbqs. Trust me, when you wake up to the smell of your neighbors cooking a a few rashers and sausages it can drive you mad while you have to go and queue up for not so great food. Many of the regulars seem to have this down to a fine art.

Edit: Just one more point. From talking to many people who have been over the years, the heavy mud is to be expected / considered normal to plan for it. It is a rare occasion where they have a dry festival. The last was 2014.

don't bother with disposable bbqs, bring a gas cannister one. can get them for 15quid in Halfords/Tesco and a gas cannister lasts ages. we did fry-ups each day this year and boiled some water for tea/coffee and didn't even use 2 cannisters.
    much quicker than waiting for the disposable ones to heat up, much more effective, and pretty sure they're lighter to carry too.

2014 had a storm on the Friday that shut down some stages for a while.

2015 there was basically no mud at all. it lashed on the friday afternoon but the rest of the day and every other day was glorious sunshine so dried out very quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

When's resale ?

Advertisement