Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,909 ✭✭✭✭Basq

oo7tk wrote: »
    Yea the PodPads on WV also need you to bring your own sleeping bags etc as I was mailing them today... was hoping they would have something fully kitted out but unfortunitly not..

If anyone knows of any that at WV that come fully furnished let me know or anywhere like this on the site..

Thanks
    All options bar scout-tents and Bellepads as far as I'm aware come with some sort of bedding.. like an air / foam mattress but you'll need to bring sleeping bag.
    Bellepads will not include camp beds or air mattresses. They will include a heavy groundsheet and carpet. You will need to bring your own campbed or air mattresses and bedding.

Bunkpads and Octopads will not be supplied with 240v electricity. They will come with wooden beds and foam mattresses. The Octopads will come with 4 wooden beds with 2 airbeds.

Podpads will come with raised beds and air mattresses to suit. There will be no 12v electric in the podpads, please bring a torch with you.
    Source: Podpads - Worthy View 2017

GlastoMap now updated with aerial shots of this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Basq wrote: »
    GlastoMap now updated with aerial shots of this year..

Damn that really was a brown year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Yea the PodPads on WV also need you to bring your own sleeping bags etc as I was mailing them today... was hoping they would have something fully kitted out but unfortunitly not..

If anyone knows of any that at WV that come fully furnished let me know or anywhere like this on the site..

Thanks

Tangerine Fields have fully furnished options and they're on sale now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

TF definitely much closer than the pop up hotel. Looked at the bedouin tents there ourselves for next year longingly but with going to new York this month couldn't afford or justify the cost so will be doing general camping again but just planning it a bit better. Helps that I got general tickets rather than coach for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭oo7tk

Believe it or not Tangerine Fields is even more expensive for a fully furnished tent PP and onkt dona 2 man for £1600..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Believe it or not Tangerine Fields is even more expensive for a fully furnished tent PP and onkt dona 2 man for £1600..

You could go the Card Tent?

Ok so she really confused me with this email and I thought for me to get a fully furnished BunpkPad or Octopad I would need a " hospitality " ticket but I get it now.. All I'll need to do is select a bedding package when booking it..

Cheers lads all helped ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

"If you are staying at Worthy View, then the options are as described below – this is to try and keep the costs down. If you are able to secure Hospitality Tickets, then are more options available. Hospitality tickets aren’t on sale until next year and accommodation will probably be made available early next year."

oo7tk wrote:

Weird cos the one we looked at was £1000.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Weird cos the one we looked at was £1000.

https://www.tangerinefields.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/4430/s/bedouin-tent/category/1156/

Only one that comes with bedding as far as I can see anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Ok so she really confused me with this email and I thought for me to get a fully furnished BunpkPad or Octopad I would need a " hospitality " ticket but I get it now.. All I'll need to do is select a bedding package when booking it..

Cheers lads all helped ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

"If you are staying at Worthy View, then the options are as described below – this is to try and keep the costs down. If you are able to secure Hospitality Tickets, then are more options available. Hospitality tickets aren’t on sale until next year and accommodation will probably be made available early next year."
    Do you have a list of the options. I'd be keen to do fully furnished at WV too.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Do you have a list of the options. I'd be keen to do fully furnished at WV too.

Go onto PodPads website and email them and they will email you back same day with the different options they have..

Go onto PodPads website and email them and they will email you back same day with the different options they have..
    Didn't realise that was a separate company handling those pads. Might ask for some more images of the interior of some of their options too.

On a unrelated note I was delighted to see the rumblings about daft punk doing a 2017 Alive tour and thought they would be a shoe in for a headline slot. :)

Then I saw that there are some hidden coordinates in a potential tour website inferring a London date as opposed to Glastonbury. :(

On a unrelated note I was delighted to see the rumblings about daft punk doing a 2017 Alive tour and thought they would be a shoe in for a headline slot. :)

Then I saw that there are some hidden coordinates in a potential tour website inferring a London date as opposed to Glastonbury. :(

Hang onto your knickers. You're in for a long ride cos the latest rumour is Robbie Williams. Although its not even a rumour its just stupid speculation at the moment. Le sigh

Hang onto your knickers. You're in for a long ride cos the latest rumour is Robbie Williams. Although its not even a rumour its just stupid speculation at the moment. Le sigh
    I know, I know.

I really shouldn't be getting lured into any sort of speculation this early.

At at the end of the day I can live with 3 headliners I've no time for.

Robbie Williams
    Kasabian
    Depeche Mode

There's a strongly rumoured trio that would be tough to swallow.

I know, I know.

I really shouldn't be getting lured into any sort of speculation this early.

At at the end of the day I can live with 3 headliners I've no time for.

Robbie Williams Wont be headlining
    Kasabian Wont be headlining
    Depeche Mode Wont be headlining ( or maybe possibly on other?)

There's a strongly rumoured trio that would be tough to swallow.

Fixed that for ya.

To be honest, 4th time next year and still haven't seen a headliner. Pyramid is one of my least favourite places to be. Although I would like to see something I love cos its quite the spectacle by all accounts with the right act.

To be honest, I've had a look at that page and the coordinates in the source. And while I reckon there's truth to them touring next year (Dafdendirekt 97, Alive 07) - given how secretive Glastonbury are around headliners, maybe they simply asked not it to be published there. The source isn't exactly cryptic.

That's what I hope anyways.. would much rather them than practically all the headliners I've heard so far! *

* Sorry Radiohead and Stone Roses fans!

^^^^ no idea what you linked above cos its HUGE and not clickable but nah. Unlikely. Glastonbury runs like clockwork (storms aside) and AXL is not known for his time keeping abilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

^^^^ no idea what you linked above cos its HUGE and not clickable but nah. Unlikely. Glastonbury runs like clockwork (storms aside) and AXL is not known for his time keeping abilities.

Yeah I'm useless with links but read it on a gnr fourm William hill has them at4/6 odds
    Re:Axl. Haven't you heard there's a new improved 2016 version of Axl Rose just completed 3 tours this year so far one North American with GNR one euro tour with ac/dc and a north America tour witn acdc all to 5 star reviews

Yeah I'm useless with links but read it on a gnr fourm William hill has them at4/6 odds
    Re:Axl. Haven't you heard there's a new improved 2016 version of Axl Rose just completed 3 tours this year so far one North American with GNR one euro tour with ac/dc and a north America tour witn acdc all to 5 star reviews

There are a few people on efests who have paid their week on bookies odds. Bookies might know horses but they dont know Glastonbury.

Basq wrote: »
    To be honest, I've had a look at that page and the coordinates in the source. And while I reckon there's truth to them touring next year (Dafdendirekt 97, Alive 07) - given how secretive Glastonbury are around headliners, maybe they simply asked not it to be published there. The source isn't exactly cryptic.

That's what I hope anyways.. would much rather them than practically all the headliners I've heard so far! *

* Sorry Radiohead and Stone Roses fans!
    Yup, that's a valid enough point. It would seem like a massive missed opportunity if it didn't happen.

Combine that with a 20th anniversary of radioheads first headline slot and I couldn't care less about the rest of the line up.

I'm rarely at the pyramid stage but there's is something special about the right band putting in a big performance on that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Glasto headliners get paid around £200k, the Roses wouldn't do it for double that. You can forget about Kasabian and Robbie as well. It's likely going to be 3 of Stone Roses, Radiohead, Ed Sheeran, Daft Punk. At the moment they look the most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Depeche Mode are playing elsewhere in Europe that weekend, so won't be playing.

Robbie Williams is just some nonsense hysteria from people on efestivals in the last 24hrs based on zero evidence which has gotten out of hand. no chance he's headlining.

not sure why Kasabian are being ruled out. previous headliners, new album out. plenty of other equally dreadful acts have done it.

I'm rarely at the pyramid stage but there's is something special about the right band putting in a big performance on that stage.
    I do get caught up in the headliners hype, and do sometimes feel disappointed with the selections.. but to be honest, odds are I'll be at The Other Stage regardless!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Hi everyone we have more or less decided to book pod pads for next year, it's our first year going to glastonbury so gonna splash out. Have never done anything like that for a festival! :)

Could anyone let me know what worthy view is like? Is it far from the festival etc

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Anyone booking a ferry, couple of tips. Book Stena Line and select "Hotel break" package rather than the ferry. This way you get one night in a hotel included and the total price works out cheaper anyway, sometimes much cheaper. We stayed in a hotel near Swansea last time and drove on to Glasto in the morning, but you could select a hotel anywhere or on the way back as well.

Also pay the few quid extra for a flexi ticket, can come in handy as we found out when the camper broke down 20 mins after leaving the site...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dmm82 wrote: »
    Hi everyone we have more or less decided to book pod pads for next year, it's our first year going to glastonbury so gonna splash out. Have never done anything like that for a festival! :)

Could anyone let me know what worthy view is like? Is it far from the festival etc

They're on the left of this pic. Miles away from some of the stages really. On top of a hill. Which you have to walk up obviously. Theres far better things to be doing that spending hours throughout the week hiking up there. Theres queues for showers and the toilets too.

My advice would be get a nice tent and camp in Hitchin Hill or Michaels Mead. Making it back to Worthy View during the day for a power kip/refill/clothes change isn't an option really as its too far. However this year I got from my tent in Hitchin Jill into the pit for ZZ Top in 6 minutes.

Good tent, blow up mattress, ear plugs, eye masks and you're sorted.

150625185921-glastonbury-7-super-169.jpg

• Advertisement

Yea we are flying over so getting 2 Octopads for the 8 of us with duvets & pillows etc.. i don't mind the walk at all and I'll only be doing it twice a day, who goes for a kip in the afternoon it's Glasto!!!

Do they sell out fast does anyone know??

Advertisement