Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VRT Inspection - Urgent help required!

• 12-09-2016 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi All,

I recently brought back a car from the UK and I'm due to have my VRT inspection tomorrow.

Trouble is, my dad paid for the car because he has a UK bank account so the invoice for the car is in his name and I can foresee trouble with this when I rock up at the centre (he's not around to come with me tomorrow)...

If I brought a signed letter from him stating that the car should be registered in my name do you think that would suffice?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If it was me I would write out a new invoice/receipt from you to your father saying you bought it private off him, otherwise it will get complicated if the invoice is not in your name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

People have been known to roll up with a receipt signed saying it was bought from Mickey mouse, northern ireland and had no issue.

Seeing as father has uk address, you could do as mentioned above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Dont worry about it, Ive wrote receipts in front of them and its no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 23 FUTY2211

If it was me I would write out a new invoice/receipt from you to your father saying you bought it private off him, otherwise it will get complicated if the invoice is not in your name.

Will that change the car's history then from 2 to 3 previous owners if I go to sell it on in the future? I have a V5C form stating that I'm the 'registered keeper' but apparently this is not proof of ownership...

M

FUTY2211 wrote: »
    Will that change the car's history then from 2 to 3 previous owners if I go to sell it on in the future? I have a V5C form stating that I'm the 'registered keeper' but apparently this is not proof of ownership...

No it won't once you have the full V5 that's the only official form you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mark316

I got a car in uk couple of weeks ago as well have vrt inspection on Thursday but they but the my name on v5 form. Car is for my wife would they change the name of ownership or should I just leave it in my own name?

M

mark316 wrote: »
    I got a car in uk couple of weeks ago as well have vrt inspection on Thursday but they but the my name on v5 form. Car is for my wife would they change the name of ownership or should I just leave it in my own name?

Have your wife pay the VRT and it will then go in to her name, you create a receipt/invoice for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

mark316 wrote: »

The V5 form is a UK registration document, it has no relevance over here other than you need to hand it over when you pay the VRT and register the car here. If you want to register the car here in your wife's name then they will need her PPS number and a utility bill with her name on it afaik.

Thanks

Who should I put down as seller on the vrtvpd2 form? Garage or me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The name of the person or business who sold you the car I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101

Don't worry about it. My mum give me her NI reg car one time so I had no invoice.
    I just wrote a note and got her to sign it saying she give it to me.
    No issue at all.

Had test yesterday everything went easy apart from them looking for invoice from when I bought car, transferred name no bother

Advertisement