Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows and doors varnishing

Options
  • 12-09-2016 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could recommend someone to varnish Windows and doors. I live in charlesland and mine are long overdue!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Just wondering if anyone could recommend someone to varnish Windows and doors. I live in charlesland and mine are long overdue!

Check with your management company. The first Wood was done not so long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭kingofthecastle

Yeah did that but the company used by the management company quoted me a ridiculous amount, close to €500. So any other recommendations would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

Yeah did that but the company used by the management company quoted me a ridiculous amount, close to €500. So any other recommendations would be appreciated

I'm not sure if 500 is too ridiculous for that job.
    There's quite a bit of work involved. Sanding down and cleaning old varnished surfaces takes a bit of time.
    Then a couple coats of varnish allowing a few days drying and resanding in between coats.
    And good quality varnish isn't cheap.

How many windows and doors involved?

I'm not in the decorating business and can't recommend anybody
    but I don't think 500 is a rip off for that job if its properly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 miniireland

look up a guy called Maurice Dodd (Heat Tech)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Honestly!

A guy with surname Roche was recommended to me....unfortunately. I would not recommended this guy. You might have received a flyer. I had to get someone else to go over his 'work'

• Advertisement
Advertisement