Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglary team active in Swords

Options
  • 12-09-2016 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭

Folks,

There is a 4 man Burglary team driving around in a silver car with a telescopic ladder around the housing estates adjacent to Airside Retail Park,Swords.

Their M.O. is to ring the front door bell then if no answer they break in via the rear balcony, they have a ladder with them.

They are targeting and have broken into a number of apartments in the Holywell Estate last Thursday day time and Friday night time, make sure you have your windows and doors all locked and intruder alarm set when not at home.

Gardai in Swords are aware and detailed descriptions have been given.

Let's just say I confronted two of them and they have no fear even though I said Garda were on the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

With your username they should have been more worried! Well done.. Shocking to think that they have the neck to break into apartments in broad daylight this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

kravmaga wrote: »
    ... and intruder alarm set when not at home...
    I'd always have the alarm set when I'm in the house also. I'd be a lot more concerned about being burgled when the family is at home than if the house was empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭The_Pete_Fella

Folks,

There is a 4 man Burglary team driving around in a silver car with a telescopic ladder around the housing estates adjacent to Airside Retail Park,Swords.

Their M.O. is to ring the front door bell then if no answer they break in via the rear balcony, they have a ladder with them.

They are targeting and have broken into a number of apartments in the Holywell Estate last Thursday day time and Friday night time, make sure you have your windows and doors all locked and intruder alarm set when not at home.

Let's just say I confronted two of them and they have no fear even though I said Garda were on the way.

Hey,

I know it was a week ago but do you have the model of the car. and even the year if your comfortable giving that out.
    I take it the ladder is on the roof of the car?

this stuff really winds me up the wrong way. ill keep an eye out around the place!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

You may notice the clothing appeal fliers stuck in your letterbox have started up again. First time I've seen one for a while.

I have heard delivery of these 'unofficial' charity fliers can be used as a cover for trying the front door in case it's not locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭koutoubia

You may notice the clothing appeal fliers stuck in your letterbox have started up again. First time I've seen one for a while.

I have heard delivery of these 'unofficial' charity fliers can be used as a cover for trying the front door in case it's not locked.

I have seen these guys going round dropping leaflets at a very early hour.
    One morning at about 6am I was in my car and just before I started it I saw a guy posting leaflets and having a good nose around.
    It can't be emphasised enough to make sure your window and doors are locked securely before hitting the hay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Why should they have any fear.?
    What will be done to them if they are caught.?
    Absolutely nothing.! A slap on the wrist and a few months suspended prison sentence. Banana Republic.
    Time to implement the 'Padraig Nally' principal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If someone breaks into your home defend it and your family.

These absolute scum bags will not hesitate.

Telescopic ladder will fit in the boot they are folded down into itself so dead easy to transport and carry and will reach a good height.

These guys usually use tools found in sheds or in garden to gain entry and of course open door or window is easy pickings.

Lots going around trying and also trying to get you to let them do work on garden or roof then turns out they will sell logs or bags of turf.

Absolute scum sick of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

washman3 wrote: »
    ...Time to implement the 'Padraig Nally' principal.

Let's not go down this route in this thread.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

A Lithuanian crowd was at this Craic here in Drogheda. Posting the clothing appeal letters at 5 o clock in the morning and trying the front doors and car doors.

they never post the letter through the box but leave it halfway in, if not removed theres no one in the house. A friend of mime had them on cctv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

enricoh wrote: »
    A Lithuanian crowd was at this Craic here in Drogheda. Posting the clothing appeal letters at 5 o clock in the morning and trying the front doors and car doors.

they never post the letter through the box but leave it halfway in, if not removed theres no one in the house. A friend of mime had them on cctv.

Actually the Lithuanian people you disparagingly mention are exceptionally grateful for your cast-away clothes. They make no bones about saying the clothes are passed to people in absolute desperate need in extreme poverty stricken areas in Eastern Europe. Many items of which would end-up in land-fill in Ireland. Have you seen the numerous bags that are thrown away from the charity shops.

I am happy to pass on my unwanted items to this source. Please inform yourself first before trying to spread ill-informed hearsay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Chinasea wrote: »
    Actually the Lithuanian people you disparagingly mention are exceptionally grateful for your cast-away clothes. They make no bones about saying the clothes are passed to people in absolute desperate need in extreme poverty stricken areas in Eastern Europe. Many items of which would end-up in land-fill in Ireland. Have you seen the numerous bags that are thrown away from the charity shops.

I am happy to pass on my unwanted items to this source. Please inform yourself first before trying to spread ill-informed hearsay.

Of course they are "exceptionally grateful" for any old clothes.
    Did you ask them how much money they make every year from selling these to the "people in absolute desperate need" back home.
    Personally, I would have no problem passing them on, provided I could get cast-iron proof that those receiving them are not ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

Chinasea wrote: »

The Lithuanian people in Ireland are extremely grateful for these clothes as they make an absolute fortune back home from them. Charity my arse. They rob the clothes n wreck the bins of actual charities. More I'll informed hearsay I suppose.
    My friend has cctv on his house, his neighbours car was broken into one night and the neighbour asked him to check the camera's for anything. Low and behold at 4am here comes the lad with the clothes charity bag. Puts bag on letterbox and on the way out tries the front door and car doors to see if they are locked. I guess it was a coincidence!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Does anyone have proof that Lithuanian people in particular are responsible? We all know this goes on, and it's criminal, but it's unfair blame it all on one nationality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Does anyone have proof that Lithuanian people in particular are responsible?

That would be a NO. Just the usual racial hysteria hurtled around, and when challenged the sneering and so-called PC anti-liberal, free thinking bashing begins.

As said, have you seen the landfill that is dumped out from the charity shops here? Items that many of the Eastern Europeans would be extremely grateful to have. The simple difference is, that some people in Ireland really do not have any idea nor comprehension what actual poverty is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Hey,

I know it was a week ago but do you have the model of the car. and even the year if your comfortable giving that out.
    I take it the ladder is on the roof of the car?

this stuff really winds me up the wrong way. ill keep an eye out around the place!!

Silver Nissan Almera, telescopic ladder was in the boot not on the roof.
    Garda Detective said they know the registration as another witness rang them also.
    Imo they looked like members of the travelling community.

Advertisement