Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laya subscription

• 12-09-2016 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Set up DD with Laya last yr but they never took out any payments due to IT error and never sent me any reminders. They now say I owe 2k for last ye. I reset up DD for this year. How liable am I for payment as it was their mistake and if so do I have to pay all at once

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

wgreer1976 wrote: »
    Set up DD with Laya last yr but they never took out any payments due to IT error and never sent me any reminders. They now say I owe 2k for last ye. I reset up DD for this year. How liable am I for payment as it was their mistake and if so do I have to pay all at once

Of course you are liable to pay.
    I would call them asap to set up an agreement to space it out over x months.
    DD's can be dangerous in this situation as they may try to take it all in one go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I reckon you don't owe them for last year, unless you claimed. I doubt they'd have paid out if you weren't paying though.
    You will have a break in cover though if you don't pay, so waiting times apply again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Laya cancel your contract after 3 failed payments so I don't see why you would unless you're trying to keep your cover for the year for waiting periods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭horse7

Renewed my laya policy in December 2018, and a friend of mine with same plan is renewing in February costing 100€ less than me. I called laya to check this and apparently it's correct if my renewal was in February 2019 it would be 100€ cheaper. Any ideas as to
    how to remedy this problem.

Advertisement