Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waivers Vs Adding players

Options
  • 12-09-2016 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

Can someone briefly point me to a good explanation or explain it to me, i get confused every year.

I know my waiver position and ability to pick up a player depends on that but in an 8 man league and theres plenty of talent to be had. Can i just ADD a player and drop a player and is there a limit on how many i can do per week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,487 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Outside of undroppable players you can change your whole team if you like. There is no limit but until the waiver wire you are up against everybody else and are unlikely to get all the players you want. Once the waiver period has passed then you can add as many free agents as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

eagle eye wrote: »
    Outside of undroppable players you can change your whole team if you like. There is no limit but until the waiver wire you are up against everybody else and are unlikely to get all the players you want. Once the waiver period has passed then you can add as many free agents as you like.

Ah thanks man
    So if waivers is Wednesday, once players that everyone has picked are gone you're free to pick up any free agent until kick off of TNF

• Registered Users Posts: 38,487 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

BKWDR wrote: »
    Ah thanks man
    So if waivers is Wednesday, once players that everyone has picked are gone you're free to pick up any free agent until kick off of TNF
    You are free to pick up free agents from any team right up until that team's game kicks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Anyone who was dropped or has played a game is on waivers until waivers clears, generally wed and sat/sun.

Anyone who played a game and wasn't dropped is free to pick up after wed (if thats your first waiver day). Anyone who was dropped on wed or played thurs night is on waivers until sunday.

Free pickups do not affect your waiver poition, pickup players from waivers does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Just a quick question with regards setting a lineup. I just want to confirm before I do it.

My back up QB is playing Sunday night. If I set him in the line up and he does rubbish can I then switch him out for my normal starting QB as he doesn't play till monday night? If I do it I want to be sure I get the points for the player I bring in on Monday and not screw myself over and get stuck with whatever points Sunday nights player gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Jofspring wrote: »
    Just a quick question with regards setting a lineup. I just want to confirm before I do it.

My back up QB is playing Sunday night. If I set him in the line up and he does rubbish can I then switch him out for my normal starting QB as he doesn't play till monday night? If I do it I want to be sure I get the points for the player I bring in on Monday and not screw myself over and get stuck with whatever points Sunday nights player gets.

Nope once the game involving a player in your starting lineup begins you can no longer switch that player for another, even if they don't end up playing a snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Nope once the game involving a player in your starting lineup begins you can no longer switch that player for another, even if they don't end up playing a snap.

That's great, thanks.

Advertisement