Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick 2030

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

rebs23 wrote: »
    The Gardens office project was half completed. All excavations and superstructure complete before it was given to Limerick 2030. It has taken a long time (18 months) to complete and is still not finished. It is also only 30%(?) pre-let at this stage of construction which would be terrible for most office developments at this stage.
    There are many, many examples of office projects in Ireland of a similar scale and larger that started construction after the Gardens project and are now complete and fully occupied.

All excavations and superstructure, except for the completely new building that was added at the corner of Henry St and Lower Glentworth St. The old protected GPO building was left open to the elements for years and had to be repaired and restored. The fact remains that works were programmed to take 18 months and they aren't that far past that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I don't think 18 months is too bad for what they took on.

What about Cleeve's and the Opera sites though? They seem to be struggling with these.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭madbeanman

I think there are a few more developments with since the last post.

The Limerick Leader is reporting that UL is now in talks to move 2000 students and staff into a city centre location. Their preference is for the Opera Site which does have a zoned education element to it.

They also announced the Cleeves factory will house a massive tourism development. I suppose that is very vague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

madbeanman wrote: »
    I think there are a few more developments with since the last post.

The Limerick Leader is reporting that UL is now in talks to move 2000 students and staff into a city centre location. Their preference is for the Opera Site which does have a zoned education element to it.

They also announced the Cleeves factory will house a massive tourism development. I suppose that is very vague.

How many threads does this need to be mentioned in?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭madbeanman

Apologies, I will move to another thread. Thank you for your tone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Didnt realise you were a mod ;)

Advertisement