Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to remove paint from LED strip lights?

Options
  • 12-09-2016 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

The title says it all! I have 2 units with recessed strip lights and they have just been painted and it seems the painter has painted over some of them! I've gone from 6 strips of warm led lighting to 6 strips of patchy ugly yellow/white/blank lights! How can I (or can i) fix them other than replacing them?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Is it this type of light:

LEDstrip.jpg

If so you may be able to scratch the paint off with your fingernail, depends the type of paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

2011 wrote: »
    Is it this type of light:

LEDstrip.jpg

If so you may be able to scratch the paint off with your fingernail, depends the type of paint.

Kind of but a lot more bulbs! There's about 30 foot of it....I could cry. Thank you, we've been going really carefully with a blade but it took 2 hours to do about 15 bulbs so I wondered if the fab Boards geniuses might have had any brainwaves....we will keep going with the blade so :-(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Kind of but a lot more bulbs! There's about 30 foot of it....I could cry. Thank you, we've been going really carefully with a blade but it took 2 hours to do about 15 bulbs so I wondered if the fab Boards geniuses might have had any brainwaves....we will keep going with the blade so :-(

Can you post a photo of it ?

Is it a water based paint? This can be easier to remove.
    If you read the paint can it may recommend some type of paint remover.

Here are some before and an after pic....I'll try to take a close up one and post that in a minute!

It is water based....never thought to check the can, good plan....here are some pics...I'll try and take a close up one and post it too...

• Advertisement

Didn't think to check can, good idea, thank you...these are 2 before pics and a current pic. I'll take a close up if I can get a clear one and post that too..

I'm not seeing any pictures.

Advertisement