Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MKV 1.9 TDI COOLANT ISSUE

• 12-09-2016 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Guys,

I was wondering has anyone had any coolant issues with their MKV GOLF 1.9 TDI

I have a 08 MKV, which is losing coolant after long journeys.
    Its fine doing little runs all day,and all wk,but as soon as i decide to take it from dublin to clare and back,it decides to empty all its coolant on the trip back.

Ive had the pump replaced,the radiator cap replaced, and have tried k-seal as well...
    this got me a little further, but still lost all my coolant when I got home.

Its generally after I put my put my foot down to the floor for a brief spell, I wouldnt say im doing the dog on it, but the car should be able to be pushed a little.

The oil is fine, no sign of milkyness..and my mechanic told me if the head gasket was gone, it would be ****ting the bed even on the small runs.

So if any one has had this issue,or has any idea on how to resolve this problem,it would be greatly be appreciated.

Thanks Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pidgeoneyes

I've had a similar problem, but with an 05 Astra diesel. It turned out to be a pinhole leak in a hose. The mechanic refilled the coolant tank with water and had me run the engine while he looked into it with a tourch. After a few minutes the water started leaking from a hole in one of the hoses. The same hose had a small bulge around the pin hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pw motors

Hi Daniel
    I had the same problem with a 2006 1.9 TDI golf ,, had it at the mechanic several times but found no leaks,, it ended up being the head gasket ,, done that and now perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Danieldavid

Thanks PW motors, could you please tell me how much it cost you and maybe who carried out the work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pw motors

Pw motors wrote: »
    Hi Daniel
    I had the same problem with a 2006 1.9 TDI golf ,, had it at the mechanic several times but found no leaks,, it ended up being the head gasket ,, done that and now perfect
    Call Autovalue on
    +353 (1) 620 8512 They sorted mine out

Advertisement