Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai I3o Exhaust Rattle

• 12-09-2016 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

I recently bought a Hyundai i30 132. I didn't notice for the first few days as you cant hear the sound with the windows up, but every time I switch gear in the lower gears and accelerated there is a rattle from the exhaust enough for it to be irritating. The dealer took it back and sent it to Hyundai seen as its under warranty , they sent it back saying there isn't anything wrong. The dealer then took a look and tightened something .. god knows what. I literally only got the car back and they said it was fixed. BUT its the very same noise. Someone is getting a not so nice phone call in the morning im absolutely livid . But does anyone know what the noise might be ? Its a rattle when accelerating in 1st 2nd or 3rd gear and then fades out as the speed levels out and has increased.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

With the car stopped if you were to touch the exhaust when the car is cold is there any movement in it or similar noise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

as far as i can tell its only when I'm accelerating in a new gear and then it goes away. theres no rattle any other time.

Advertisement