Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

So some very basic analysis.

game related: villagers are 4/5. i didn't look into any specific reasons why villagers are doing do well. off the top of my head.... in game 5 losing 2 wolves off the bat was a factor, rather than being imbalanced.
    game 4, tigger (dracula) took out carrie, tigger also died, and outed shaepshifter on first day. vampires were decimated, so odds were in villagers favour.
    cant remember games 1-3.

other: views are way down - need to attract people to the forum. posts are also down, but game 5 was over pretty quickly.

i would also hazard a guess that of the 115 total participants its probably made up of 30-40 players, with a few only playing 1 game.

someone suggested earlier giving new players a golden ticket for 1st round, which is a good idea IMO. it'll keep people interested. its also easy for a simple villager to not get involved as they think they dont have a role to play. i dont know of any way around this - everyone cant have a role.

Agree with you that so far balance has been spot on, and each game could have easily gone the opposite direction if different decisions were made

I don't think games should be handicapped for new players, you throw them in the deep end and let them experience exactly what the game is like and either they love it or they don't the same way as a lot of players learned in the first game

We do have a small pool of players atm and hopefully we can get a thread in After Hours were we got all our members the first time around thanks to jayop,

But i think the best exposure is having more games and more posts in this forum as we will then show up on the boards home page and catch peoples interest from all over boards

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Jayop wrote: »
    My figures tell me there have been 51 individual players so far in all the 5 games,

I love how we all keep records. Mine say 48 players though. Obviously at least one of the below has closed their account now (El Hombre). Others were modkilled so aren't likely to be interested (eg, boneyarsebogman).

A Neurotic
    andy125
    AnLachaCorcra
    Barney92
    boneyarsebogman
    cdaly_
    cee_jay
    Chagan
    charolais0153
    crosstownk
    crowseye
    D0NNELLY
    degrassinoel
    Digital Solitude
    dobman88
    dottie_lottie
    El Hombre
    Ficheall
    Fleawuss
    grumpylumpy
    gufc21
    JasonS246
    Jayop
    KERSPLAT!
    Kylo Ren
    Mahamageehad
    Maximus Alexander
    MicksJaguar
    Mollyb60
    MrsFlushdraw
    nopeare
    Paddy Cow
    partyjungle
    Persepoly
    Poochie05
    quickbeam
    Shane.C
    Shatterproof
    Stoogie
    suffering golfer
    Sullivlo
    The Dazzler
    The_Valeyard
    Tigger
    tritium
    Uriel.
    Xaracatz
    y0ssar1an22

I've also noted the following, who, either expressed interest in the game at one point or another, or had posted to approve the new forum, so must have some interest:

aaronjumper
    Dr.MickKiller
    Mike Tobacco
    seagull
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Yester
    RiderOnTheStorm
    Whocanibe

That makes 56 in total.

Ya I agree with Andy but I dont know what games you'd have in here?

Gotta love the list keepers

^^ That's not the half of it. You'd be amazed at what I keep lists of in life!!! :)

• Advertisement

Ya I agree with Andy but I dont know what games you'd have in here?

A quick google and i found some suggestions, will post in werewolf discussion thread as i don't want to derail this soon to be archived ww game that any spectators in the future might come across

Edit: i am in the ww discussion thread :pac:

Internet Forum Word Games

• Alphabet Games - Members come up with a word or phrase beginning with each letter of the alphabet. The words/phrases have to belong to one topic, such as things found in the kitchen, sex, famous people, song titles, etc. Another variation of the same game is where each word has to begin with the last letter of the word that the previous person posted. A more complicated alphabet game is where you take a formulaic sentence with missing words, such as "Before _________ my _________, I always __________ the _________," and each player has to substitute words for the blanks that make sense in the sentence. The first player uses four words beginning with "A," the next player uses four beginning with "B," and so on through the alphabet.

• Rhyming Games - This one is simple. Each player posts a word or a whole phrase that rhymes with the one posted above him.

• Restricted Letter Games - This game can be quite tricky. Players cannot use a particular letter or group of letters when they post. Use your imagination to decide how to restrict the letters. Examples could be only using letters that aren't in your screen name, not allowing the letter "T," etc.

• Linked Words Game - Each player posts two words that go together, but he must use the second word that the last player posted and a new word that he thinks of himself. For example, "French bread," "bread pudding," "pudding cake."

• Acronym Game - Think of several random letters that the next person has to turn into an acronym. You can stipulate a theme, or not, as you choose. For example, using a theme of love, ADGH might be "A Darn Good Heart."

The Person Above Me / The Person Below Me Internet Forum Games

• The Person Above Me - Tell the group something you admire about the person above you, what you imagine the person would be arrested for, what's in the person's pocket, rate the person's avatar or screen name, say whether you would kiss or shake hands with the person, say what the person was voted "most likely to" do, what you would say if you woke up in bed beside the person, etc.

• The Person Below Me - Try to guess what the person is doing as he posts, guess who will post next, ask a question for the next person to answer, guess what the person likes or hates, ask whether the next person would rather do "this" or "that," make up an embarrassing habit that the next person either confesses to doing or denies, etc.

Miscellaneous Games for Internet Forums

• Two Truths and a Lie Game - One player states three things about himself, two of which are true and one of which is a lie. The other players have to guess which is the lie. The player who guesses correctly first takes the next turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Have any of you ever played Alphabet sheep? it's fun!

The best answer is the one people don't all go for and points are added for every person who has the same answer as you. So the lowest points win.

Have any of you ever played Alphabet sheep? it's fun!

The best answer is the one people don't all go for and points are added for every person who has the same answer as you. So the lowest points win.

o is that the questions and answer one and youve to guess what people will say?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

someone suggested earlier giving new players a golden ticket for 1st round, which is a good idea IMO. it'll keep people interested. its also easy for a simple villager to not get involved as they think they dont have a role to play. i dont know of any way around this - everyone cant have a role.

Yeah, I mean who would come back again after drawing the simple villager card 5 out of 5 :)

My one fear is that if we don't get regular newbies into the game, the longer that happens the greater the chance that both the WW forum and its parent gets the perception of being a clique and further stymies flesh blood coming into the mix.

For those of us that have been playing, modding or watching for most of the 5 games you can already see the growth of "in jokes" etc following from the games held so far. That's obviously very natural and good but again it can add to the perception that it's a closed group, when that's not the case at all.

I think that's were making a real (visible) effort to get more boardsies involved is really important, such as by recruitment in AH or somewhere with lots of traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

andy125 wrote: »
    Gotta love the list keepers

i dont even remember things i know
    like in the demond v vmptre game where io forgot that who killing soemone if you kill het thing with Mrs ALC

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    Yeah, I mean who would come back again after drawing the simple villager card 5 out of 5 :)

My one fear is that if we don't get regular newbies into the game, the longer that happens the greater the chance that both the WW forum and its parent gets the perception of being a clique and further stymies flesh blood coming into the mix.

For those of us that have been playing, modding or watching for most of the 5 games you can already see the growth of "in jokes" etc following from the games held so far. That's obviously very natural and good but again it can add to the perception that it's a closed group, when that's not the case at all.

I think that's were making a real (visible) effort to get more boardsies involved is really important, such as by recruitment in AH or somewhere with lots of traffic.

can anyone watvch our games?
    i'm pretty sure i can see the bthread even when i'm lgged out

we need a specttor thred but the problem is if people have to register on the other place to joint they wont
    ive been trying to work out how to do it bit i havent yet.

i think the answer is the one night thread i think it will be ec and i think if maybe cross and stoogie for fexample (the mods could help as well) could MC a spectator thread and we all agree that we dont go in theyer till we di and then we get interviewed by the MCs and spectaktators can ask questions
    or something

the fast moving gme would be hard to play but easy to watch

Tigger wrote: »

we need a specttor thred but the problem is if people have to register on the other place to joint they wont

i think the answer is the one night thread i think it will be ec and i think if maybe cross and stoogie for fexample (the mods could help as well) could MC a spectator thread and we all agree that we dont go in theyer till we di and then we get interviewed by the MCs and spectaktators can ask questions
    or something

So what you're saying is spectators get a Press Pass and every lynchee and munchee gives a post lynch /munch interview?

We'll each get an agent too...... Right? I mean that's a lot pressure post game.... But I'm in.... But only if there's a green room

i think you and other players have show d how a well played villager cnbe jsut as good a role as an acual role
    look at me in ww4 i was dracula nthe best role and i di nothing but get myself killed

So what you're saying is spectators get a Press Pass and every lynchee and munchee gives a post lynch /munch interview?

We'll each get an agent too...... Right? I mean that's a lot pressure post game.... But I'm in.... But only if there's a green room

i some thime cant tell when people are being funny or sarcastic or what
    you like the idea you think i'm an idiot what ?

we should invite "names" from arount the site as well

i some thime cant tell when people are being funny or sarcastic or what
    you like the idea you think i'm an idiot what ?

Tigger, I can tell you this, and you get can take it to the bank... Whatever I say to you or about on the thread I don't think you're an idiot.. Take it as playful banter

i think you and other players have show d how a well played villager cnbe jsut as good a role as an acual role
    look at me in ww4 i was dracula nthe best role and i di nothing but get myself killed

I guess as roled player you may have less opportunity for mistakes or be punished with greater consequences if you do make them.... i. e. Trump in the last game

Tigger, I can tell you this, and you get can take it to the bank... Whatever I say to you or about on the thread I don't think you're an idiot.. Take it as playful banter
    ok

I just realised I missed the normal game :(

its ok stoosifer and andy wrapped it up in reckord time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I just realised I missed the normal game :(

Get signed up for the Xmas party one.

or something

Spectators (some of the people I listed as having shown interest but not yet played) have joined us in the Dead Room to discuss game. Yes, it means signing up to the other site, but if they're interested, that's not a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Any spectator thread would be full of game breaking spoilers so I don't see how you could get away from putting it behind some kind of wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Lots of traffic in the cycling forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Lots of traffic in the cycling forum.

Pun intended?

Any spectator thread would be full of game breaking spoilers so I don't see how you could get away from putting it behind some kind of wall.

trust

Max or Jayo anyone ye think we could rope in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I don't know many people left on boards these days but I've PM'd one and I'm also working on getting the BF to join.

I agree that we need fresh blood (:D), so hows about as a simple task, everyone reaches out to one or two people? That might net us a few. I think Sully said earlier she was working on the AH thing.

I don't know many people left on boards these days but I've PM'd one and I'm also working on getting the BF to join.

I agree that we need fresh blood (:D), so hows about as a simple task, everyone reaches out to one or two people? That might net us a few. I think Sully said earlier she was working on the AH thing.

Already reached out to two.. No response yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I'm working on two people IRL

Advertisement