Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Mick I was thinking of asking a few guys from the United thread. Some of those would be a good laugh in this game if they'd be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

ask everyone
    you guys are too easy to read

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'll throw the Sig up, might get a few from PS, Ninty, A&R, Gaming and both PC forums, honestly Vale is the only person I recognized at the beginning so I think him and I are the only overlaps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

How's about a speed game along the lines of

10 or 12 villagers all with one shot. They can shoot anybody at any time.

Wolves munch every 30 min or so.

1 psychopath who kills very 30 mins

Or something like that. Maybe somebody else can flush it out.

Must stop the cheese before bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Has anyone got tapatalk or something similar working with the back rooms. I couldn't get it up and running in the last game and changeofplangames.com is blocked on work machines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Uriel. wrote: »
    Has anyone got tapatalk or something similar working with the back rooms. I couldn't get it up and running in the last game and changeofplangames.com is blocked on work machines.

Only max can install it, I will pm him and see will he do it

Hello people.

Planning a non-boards Werewolf game (I know I'm sorry) but I'm struggling to come up with a theme.

So far I know I'll want small wolf teams with strong abilities, shifting alliegences and lots of bullets.

I'm struggling to think of a theme outside of The Hunger Games, which I'm already planning separately.

Any ideas or suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Traitor!! :p

Traitor!! :p

What are you going to do? Lynch me?

Myself and Gufc run it with a bunch of galwegians/friends, were up to 50 members now.

It's what got GUFC into WW, and Shane.C who had a short stint here.

And I believe that we have 3 new members joining boards for some hot and sweaty WW action too.

"Traitor"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Hello people.

Planning a non-boards Werewolf game (I know I'm sorry) but I'm struggling to come up with a theme.

So far I know I'll want small wolf teams with strong abilities, shifting alliegences and lots of bullets.

I'm struggling to think of a theme outside of The Hunger Games, which I'm already planning separately.

Movie themes
    Matrix
    Alien
    Batman
    Watchmen
    Terminator
    Godfather
    47 Ronin

Tv Shows
    Breaking Bad
    Walking Dead
    Sherlock
    Battlestar Galactica
    Westworld

• Advertisement

Alien would work fairly well! Cheers Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

Alien would work fairly well! Cheers Andy

Boo alien sucks monkey balls

A DC/Marvel one would be good though considering most of the participants would be into it

gufc21 wrote: »
    Boo alien sucks monkey balls

A DC/Marvel one would be good though considering most of the participants would be into it

You can write it instead of ripping off mine and Jayops work then!

Alien is deadly :cool:

You can write it instead of ripping off mine and Jayops work then!

Alien is deadly :cool:

Balls to that... the effort. I've actually got a life :D

gufc21 wrote: »
    Balls to that... the effort. I've actually got a life :D

I have fun, I think I win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

An Alien can't exactly walk around during the daytime and not be recognised as an alien. I believe the concept of the WW is that at night, he/she can transform into the killer, and then revert back to unsuspected standard character after the deed.
    The villians/agents/terminators in matrix/terminator can assume identies, the villians in batman and pull off their masks, likewise for watchmen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Double-post removed.

It's more for flavour than making sense tbf, surely we'd all recognise Tyrion or The Nights King from the Game of Thrones game

I've changed it to Rick and Morty anyways :)

We're having a little end of quarter chill session in work tonight for the last few hours, some chinese and some wine.

I was thinking of playing a game of WW with the crew as we normally just do things like 20 questions and hangman for a laugh.

There's 7 of us and I'd be the mod so that leaves 6. Is that far too low a number?

I was thinking...
    2 wolves
    1 seer
    1 guardian angel

What do we think??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Jayop wrote:
    There's 7 of us and I'd be the mod so that leaves 6. Is that far too low a number?

Jayop wrote:
    I was thinking... 2 wolves 1 seer 1 guardian angel

Jayop wrote:
    What do we think??

Funny you mention it, I'm doing a college presentation on ww and a lot of the source material says 6 is absolute min.
    In a game like that until people know what's what I'd play 2 wolves and just nrvs for the first round and have everyone reveal on death. Then after a few rounds throw in a priest who's the only one who finds out the roles of the dead

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

27 signed up for the next installment so far - is that the highest number yet or was the Star Wars version bigger? Really looking forward to giving this a go now.

Necrominus wrote: »
    27 signed up for the next installment so far - is that the highest number yet or was the Star Wars version bigger? Really looking forward to giving this a go now.
    Game/Players/Posts
    1 21 2282
    2 22 2780
    3 18 2998
    4 25 1485
    5 22 1350
    6 25 1861
    7 29 3092
    8 14 486 (live game)
    9 21 1325
    10 21 2012

That's the player numbers from the games so far. The Star Wars game was the biggest with 29 players and had the most posts. Surprisingly game 3 with 11 less players to start off with had the second most posts with a very narrow margin between the two.

Excluding the live game, the average number of players is 22.66 and the average number of posts per game is 2132.

Also interesting is that the two biggest post counts in game would be the two games with arguably the most popular themes, Game of Thrones and Star Wars.

Jayop wrote: »
    Game/Players/Posts
    1 21 2282
    2 22 2780
    3 18 2998
    4 25 1485
    5 22 1350
    6 25 1861
    7 29 3092
    8 14 486 (live game)
    9 21 1325
    10 21 2012

That's the player numbers from the games so far. The Star Wars game was the biggest with 29 players and had the most posts. Surprisingly game 3 with 11 less players to start off with had the second most posts with a very narrow margin between the two.

Excluding the live game, the average number of players is 22.66 and the average number of posts per game is 2132.

Also interesting is that the two biggest post counts in game would be the two games with arguably the most popular themes, Game of Thrones and Star Wars.

we have players comming in thatbare new to boards so we should hit 30 /9whicj andy wants to bet ) but the post count without andy mick or dottie will probablynbe lower

star wars was an awesome game to be fair as was got

nothing to donwith themes they were great ga,es and to add in all the bck rooms they both hadvhuge post counts

I think the themes are good and a good theme will help create a good game as people will take more of an initial interest.

Jayop wrote: »
    I think the themes are good and a good theme will help create a good game as people will take more of an initial interest.

I'm not saying themes aren't good
    But the two
    Star Wars and got
    Both were great games
    The themes may have attracted the players but the game was the game
    So I think we agree

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So when's the next game? Hooked after one game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You and me both, Loughc! I think crosstownk and mahamageehad are doing the next one the end of May/start of June.

Probably mid May. Depends on who's modding it and getting g the numbers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Necrominus wrote: »
    You and me both, Loughc! I think crosstownk and mahamageehad are doing the next one the end of May/start of June.

Great, I can't wait!

• Advertisement

Posted this in back forum but said I'd post here too incase powers that be miss it.

I was saying it to tigger last night. What if we were to create say 30 new accounts on boards, with permission, so that they can be randomly assigned for games? I mean it would still be good to have non annon games but it does add something to the game...

Advertisement