Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Necrominus wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments Tigger. Much appreciated. If I got munched straight out of the gates I'd take it as a compliment but I know what you mean.

Good players here when their usernames are what they are now are well known so the anonymity makes for a better game. I absolutely loved the format of this game.

But it is important to run games here as well to add new users so it's a catch 22 situation.

only Wendy can say that

see you don;t get that comment, its an inside joke and thats why we need annomynity

ive proposed a solutuon that hits both so someone else can check or not i've stated before we even ran this game my opinion its all in the w11 staff rooms if people could be arsed reading it and i've overstepped what i said to myself i would say, weve demoed the advantges lets find a solution
    i'm not gonna say any more on it one way ot the other

ttfn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

maybe if the format is stated in the signup form, It was a surprise to many that the main thread was elsewhere. Forget who it was, but i had a chuckle when somebody thought they were 1st poster, 7 hours in.

some details like the following:

main thread on 'boards' or 'dead rooms'.
    standard user or anonymous accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

sKeith wrote: »
    maybe if the format is stated in the signup form, It was a surprise to many that the main thread was elsewhere. Forget who it was, but i had a chuckle when somebody thought they were 1st poster, 7 hours in.

That would be me, had just gotten on the bus after reffing a game and was fit to pass out... thought it was strange there were no posts in the thread but figured it was cause people kept getting caught in the slow start...

Then i fell asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

I think the anonymity was a huge plus. I can honestly say i only had a clear idea of who two players might be. And while it protects players who might have a rep i think it should also makes for developing better gameplay habits since you have to assume zero past knowledge (i know technically you shouldnt in any game but.....)

The 30 random accounts i think had been suggested before early in this forums life. I think at the time the view was boards would never deviate for us so maybe we need someone like Sully whos respected in the mod community (if she's willing) to raise it as a topic. Personally i think this game showed how vital it is-

if we want to go that way id suggest that to be fair to Sully we need to clearly map out why and also how we propose to ringfence this so that it can never either be seen to set a precedent or create any headaches for the mod community. Theres potentially quite a few tricky questions i can think of around thinks like managing red card against a randomly allocated account so its less simple than it looks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Hi all!

Myself and cross are currently in discussions about the next game so there won't be too long of a wait. Well done to everyone, especially my wolfies! :cool: Great game. Well done to the mods too, that was a lot of work to set up and maintain!

I enjoyed the anonymous format, but I have to say that I prefer playing on boards for aesthetic reasons. I'm pretty sure we talked about anonymous accounts before and we were given a solid no, but I can't find that discussion now. Potentially we've a stronger case for it now though - the last game had 63 threads, 6628 posts and 47672 views. Now, that does include all the backroom action. The actual game thread had 2,347 posts and 26,754 views that could have been on boards. That's significant traffic, particularly if we're looking at running 2 games a month. From a game mod perspective though, the back forum allows more control as the game mods can actually mod, they don't have to rely on waiting for the actual mods. I think we had that issue in one or two games? Game mods on boards can't see if posts have been edited and they can't delete posts. I believe there was a post or two deleted in the recent game? Because of that, I think there'll always be a need to run games in the other forum.

All in all, pros and cons in each. The one thing I absolutely loved in this game was the reincarnation of dead players. That was genius and something that wouldn't be possible without the anonymous accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Well done mods, I liked the anon side of the game. I know from the other place that having an anon account removes all the, lets kill him, he is a good player stuff.

There was usernames for simpsons created and poker players obv ;) and the mods allocated them.

Maybe if we all create a username from a list and we set a standard password for now it will slip by ;) Then whoever gets allocated the account changes their password for that game and then hands the password over to the new mod of the next game and so on.

I was at home and only playing a day or so but since I could use my laptop I had no problem with the format. But I can understand there could be difficulties if playing on a mobile.

I loved getting into character, made it fun. I decided I was not going to spend any time trying to match Boardsies to new usernames and try to just play along. Only RTA was obvious because he stayed he was back in Letterkenny.

The 3 mods ran a great game, was interesting and different with a hint of vanilla!
    I had my parents arrive Thurs so I am kind of glad i died or the house would not have been ready in time haha. Still not sure why Petr killed me.
    Haven't read all the back rooms as my laptop has been on just a couple of times since Thursday. And I still can't get into boards on my phone, despite me changing the password etc so I can't follow away from the computer for now.

Well done wolves :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

God damn wolves

Lol

Glad I died.

I hate all men.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Still not sure why Petr killed me.

I think he thought you were wolfie - your singing was a task and you were the alpha. I think he wanted to take a risk. If it had paid off he'd have been touted as a clever hero for getting rid of the alpha so soon. A calculated risk that didn't pay off for him. Or ... as he turned out to be the cub, you could say that it did pay off for him as he got rid of a villager. Though of course he was playing as team-villager at the time of the shooting.

Or, I could be way off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

God damn wolves

Lol

Glad I died.

I hate all men.

Vincent was upset that you have a particular dislike for painters :p

tritium wrote: »
    Vincent was upset that you have a particular dislike for painters :p

They never painted my good side.

It's why I was never caught a man's attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Whenever the next game is, sign me up :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote: »
    Whenever the next game is, sign me up :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057735874&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Thanks! Had missed that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Hi all, don't forget there's still time to sign up for Werewolf XII - Simpsons Mafia here!

First

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ok.. WTF just happened

I need answers to why flush was good but now bad, how can that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

We got locked out

Necrominus wrote: »
    Ok.. WTF just happened

There is most likely modulator discussion going on Id say your ****ed mate :p

Presume they're deciding what to do about the rule breaking.

If two players get modkilled, it could screw the balance and they might need to put something in place to restore that balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Wonder if the Mods would of had more power to regulate things on the other forum (you know the external one used last time)?

SoZ

Wrong thread.

Leave fake kent brookman and his fake news crew sort it out and I'll fight someone here in the mean time for entertainment pruposes

Okayz I see it's locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Drumpot wrote:
    Wonder if the Mods would of had more power to regulate things on the other forum (you know the external one used last time)?

The roled players will all have profiles over there anyway so the mods would have been able to speak directly to them. I don't think it would make a difference

At least it'll give Xara and Jay and Nopeare and all those behind time to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Folks just be careful what you say here. Respect the modulators and their decision making processes and let's not add any further fuel to a fire. There's no water bucket on Kent's chopper

Okayz I see it's locked.

Batman or Superman?

Leave fake kent brookman and his fake news crew sort it out and I'll fight someone here in the mean time for entertainment pruposes

I'll take you on, Wolfy. Loser gets lynched.

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    Folks just be careful what you say here. Respect the modulators and their decision making processes and let's not add any further fuel to a fire. There's no water bucket on Kent's chopper

Fake Kent

Advertisement